Thursday 17 February 2022

Secrets of Gor Chapter Thirteen

 

Not surprisingly, my entire body felt sore and stiff next morning. It was impossible to tell what hour it was as the basement was perpetually dark and gloomy without the aid of an artificial light source such as a lantern. What little light did filter through from the surface came from small slits close to the ceiling that must have been set to the street level above our heads. I felt tired too, as I’d had little sleep on the rough mattress. The single blanket had done little to keep me warm, though Cath’s body pressed close to mine had helped. 

 

We had spoken quietly in the darkness to begin with.

 

“Talking often helps a girl when she is new to bondage,” she had whispered as I shivered under the blanket.

 

“I have nothing to say.” She was a slave. We had nothing in common. It was ridiculous that she should even be speaking to me. 

 

“I’ll talk then, if you don’t mind.” 

 

“I’m not interested.” 

 

“Okay. But you’ll find I’m kind of persistent.” I sensed her rest her chin on one elbow as she lay beside me. “So, my name is Cath, but you know that. I’ve been in this collar for several years now, and you can probably tell from my accent that…”

 

“You’re a barbarian from the slave world, yes. I know of your kind. You’re all natural slaves. You belong in collars.”

 

There was a sigh. “Yes, I suppose we are,” she said, refusing to be provoked by my tone of voice, or choice of words. “I was Miss Catherine Lansom of Gosforth, and I moved to a city called Cambridge where I studied physics at its university. That’s a seat of learning, but not caste specific like the seats of learning are on Gor. I was monitored, tracked and abducted one night from my halls of residence. You probably know the arrangement. The slavers of your world routinely hunt in mine.”

 

“You’re natural slaves without a Home Stone. Of course we do. Your women are prey.”

 

“Yes, well, I was sold early on, long before I had even learned to speak Gorean properly. Our current Mistress bought me for my ability as a physicist. And of course, she could speak English fluently because she is English, herself, so my lack of Gorean wasn’t a problem. She made sure I learned the language quickly, though.”

 

“She’s the exception to your slave world. She was brought to Gor to serve the Priest Kings.”

 

“Oh, how do you know that?” asked Cath in the darkness.

 

I had perhaps given out information I shouldn’t rightly know, but I was tired, in considerable pain, and wasn’t at my best. “Something she said on the way here.”

 

“She doesn’t normally talk about that with girls she doesn’t know.” Cath thought about this for a moment. “Did she know you before you were collared?”

 

“It was a slip of the tongue. I think.” I back pedalled warily from that area of conversation. “It doesn’t matter.”

 

“Well, you are in her collar now.” Cath touched the steel circlet locked about my throat. “As Free Women go, she isn’t too bad. She’s very strict and demanding, and you had better be perfectly pleasing at all times, but she isn’t cruel for the sake of cruelty. If you work hard, obey her every word, your slavery will be better. But she doesn’t tolerate mistakes or a girl slacking.”

 

She had no idea of course that this was all ending for me very soon. 

 

“And Raisa isn’t too bad, either. She is hard with new girls, but she has to be. She’s a First Girl, and the Mistress will hold her accountable for our mistakes. You’ll probably have it easier than I did, because you’re Gorean. I had to work twice as hard in order to convince her I wasn’t a useless barbarian. You’re shivering, Cassie?”

 

“I’m cold,” I said. And as I said that I felt Cath put her arms around me. I should have been furious that a common slave slut was hugging me, but here in the slave pen it felt comforting and warm. I nestled my body into hers and felt a little better.

 

“How’s that?” 

 

“Thank you,” I said, before I might swallow those words. 

 

“I’m going to help you, Cassie. I know what it’s like to begin with. I know how much pain you are in. It will get better. I don’t want you to have to be scared of me.”

 

As if I might ever be scared of her. Did she really think that was possible? I felt like telling her what a stupid remark that was, but I could see she was genuinely trying to comfort me. I thought again of Julie who had wanted to be my friend. Both these girls seemed genuine in what they said, and I began to understand the nature of friendships in the slave pens, and how strong they might become given time. I knew nothing of that as a Free Woman of Vonda. 

 

“Why are you helping me?” I asked. As a Free Woman I knew only too well to be wary of pseudo friendships from rival women.

 

“Because I was alone when I had to adjust to the collar and brand, and I want to spare you that if I can. I’ll teach you things. I can teach you to cook tomorrow. You’re going to be whipped for last night’s meal, but perhaps you can do better next time?”

 

Yes, she was being sincere and genuine. She wanted nothing more than to help me, and, perhaps, to have a friend that might make her life more fulfilling.

 

“Have you been put to use since you were enslaved, Cassie?”

 

I thought of Mikos, and his use of me in the barn loft, and then in the paga tavern alcove. I thought of the slave bracelets, and the chaining and his touch. My face flushed a little in the darkness at the memories of his hands, lips and penis.

 

“Yes,” I said. “I am not white silk. I have been… put to use.”

 

“That’s an important step, Cassie. Many new slaves fear the very first time they are put to use. Were you scared?”

 

“Yes.” I don’t know why I said that, but it was true, I had been scared at first.

 

“And after?”

 

“Not scared afterwards.” I remembered the warmth and the ecstasy of my sexual feelings. I recalled lying in the straw after my first orgasm, and realising that I had never truly felt alive before, and that I had been blissfully ignorant of the experiences that made life truly worth living. “I felt fulfilled as a woman. It sounds stupid, but I felt a sense of belonging and a sudden, serene, peace of mind that was almost spiritual.”

 

“Good. How long ago was this?”

 

“Too long,” I said, quietly. I clenched my fingers into fists of frustration.

 

“Oh, Cassie, the Master lit fires inside your body that have yet to subside? I understand. You feel a craving now.”

 

There was no need to answer, for it was very much a rhetorical question.

 

“I want to ask you something,” I said, in the darkness of the kennel pen. 

 

“Of course, chain sister. Ask me anything.”

 

“You said you are a slave.” I turned on the mattress to face her. “You acknowledged that you are a true slave. How do you know that about yourself? How is it so easy to know that?”



 

I sensed Cath smile in the darkness as she lightly touched my belly with her finger tips. “You feel it here. And here.” Her fingers moved to my heart. “And of course here.” She touched me between my legs. “You become self-aware, but at first the natural instinct is to fight those feelings, to deny them, to scream, to rage; why is it that I must feel this way? And of course you lash out at other girls who have passed beyond that point and who now accept what they are, for it is frustrating that they will not deny their feelings the way you feel you must. You feel alone in the way you now are, scared that you feel things a Free Woman would not, should not; and scared that you cannot accept those feelings the way a slave would and can. Does this sound familiar?”

 

It did, and yes, that scared me. Cath’s hand remained between my legs, touching me there gently in the darkness. Chained as I was, I felt sensitive to such a touch and my imagination made me think it was perhaps Mikos’s hand there. I felt a tingle of excitement, imagining the rough touch of his chin stubble as he kissed me, while his fingers teased my sex. I moved my wrists and ankles in the sirik chain and felt a warmth between my legs now where the soft touch remained.

 

“I was the same,” whispered Cath in the darkness. “At first, I believed myself to be different to the slaves in the pens where I received a few days of training. I was a woman of Earth, cultured, civilized, educated far beyond the limits of the girls I shared a kennel with. But I was not so different really. Do you know how slavers refer to females?”

 

“They call us the slave sex,” I said softly.

 

“Yes, Cassie, the slave sex. We are born with a deep longing for the collar. It is within us all. It is within me, and it is within you. Do not blame yourself. You are the slave sex. And now you have a collar that proclaims to the world how right it is that you are a slave.” She touched the steel again. “And you have a brand.” She did not touch my brand, for she knew how painful it was right now. “There is a part of you that has always wanted to be a slave.”

 

“No!”

 

“That part of you has been weak, bullied, hidden, but the collar and brand now gives that part of you growing confidence. You will blossom into your slavery, Cassie, and soon you will find yourself oiling helplessly at the sight of a Master. For that is our curse, having a Mistress who owns us, rather than a Master – fulfilment in the furs will be infrequent. You will find this life frustrating.”

 

“Does Victor ever put you to use?” I asked.

 

“He does, yes, but Raisa more often than me. But with us both, he waits until we are helpless with slave heat. I must beg for his use of me. He likes that.”

 

“I will not beg a man to put me to use!” I said. The idea was monstrous. An Assante does not beg! I was born to a warrior family.

 

“You say that now, Cassie, but your words will soon change, when you feel that burning need, growing deep inside of you.”

 

How little she understood the nature of a Free Woman born to a warrior family. But she was warm, the night was cold, the floor was hard, and I nestled myself close to her, pressing my face to her shoulder. I felt Cath stroke my hair and whisper that things would get better, and that she would look after me. I was chained, and the chains made me feel aroused, but consciously not for her. I wanted a man. Yes, in the darkness, in my slave kennel, unable to easily drift off to sleep because of the aching pain of my injuries, I wanted a man to put me to use. Cath’s hand remained between my thighs and I moved my pelvis to feel that touch. 

 

“What was the name of the Master who put you to use?” she whispered softly.

 

“Mikos. His name was Mikos, now of Argentum.”

 

“Argentum? They are at war now. Can you imagine what he looks like?” asked Cath. “Can you imagine his face, now?”

 

“I can.” I thought of him, what he would do to me now if he saw me in sirik chains. Oh, how he would love that! I felt Cath’s hand begin to move gently against my sex.

 

“Oh…” I cried, softly. “You shouldn’t do… no, please don’t…” I chewed at my lower lip and struggled against the way I felt. 

 

“Imagine he has you in the furs, Cassie, touching you, playing with you, just like he is now. And you are so helpless. So very helpless. It isn’t your fault you feel this way. You can’t even stop it, chained as you are.”

 

I cried out, softly again, and snuggled closer to the slave girl. I felt her kiss me softly on my lips and I imagined it was Mikos, in the darkness, kissing me. 

 

“What would you call him, slave? What would you call him, now? Now that he is touching you like this?”

 

“Master,” I whispered, and I felt Cath’s fingers begin to stroke me down there. 

 

“You’re chained, slave, and helpless. Mikos can touch you now wherever he likes. He has you, and you will submit to him, because you are the slave sex. Tell me what sex you are?””

 

“The slave sex…” I whimpered and began to cry out with little yelps as Cath slipped her fingers inside of me. 

 

“He’s inside you now, Cassie. Can you feel him? You’re chained and helpless and he is going to pleasure you, because he can.”

 

It was quite a while before I went to sleep that night.

 

Raisa woke me by the sound of the lock on my cage snapping open. “Time to rise, girls,” she said, before moving on to the stone steps that led to the ground floor of the building. “Don’t keep me waiting.”

 

I moved under the blanket, feeling the comforting, warm flesh of the slave girl, Cath, entwined beside me.

 

“Good morning, chain-sister,” she whispered, her eyes still half closed with sleep. “Do you know what time it is?”

 

“No.” Almost as soon as I found myself awake, I felt a sense of guilt and shame for what had happened last night, and how I had behaved. 

 

“It’s the beginning of the fifth ahn. We start work at the beginning of the fifth ahn.” Cath moved her hand to my collar ring and wrapped a finger around it. “But we have breakfast first, kajira.”

 

Cath helped me crawl from the kennel, for my limbs felt like dead wood from the restriction of sleeping in the sirik chains. Pleasurable as the arrangement might have felt to begin with, as I imagined being handled roughly by a man, later that night the chaining grew uncomfortable, even though I retained some degree of movement with my hands and feet. It was a relief then when she produced a key in the basement and set about freeing me. 



 

“You’re not going to cause me any trouble, are you, chain sis?” She turned me about and lightly tapped my bottom, but was careful not to touch the red stripes criss-crossing it.

 

“No,” I said, and I think I meant it. I was close now to being freed from this collar, and all I wanted to do during the remaining hours was keep my head down and do as I was told. But of course it wasn’t going to be that simple. My punishment for the meal last night was coming due. 

 

“How many strokes of the switch do you think you deserve, Cassie?” asked Raisa after I had declined to eat the breakfast that she and Cath had devoured. It was some sort of cold, lumpen, porridge. 

 

“I don’t know, Mistress,’ I said, as I stood in the small courtyard outside. 

 

“In this house the errant slave sets the scale of the punishment,” explained Raisa as she tapped the palm of her hand with the switch. “But if she chooses too few strokes, I ask her again for another number, and the previous number is then added to them, and this goes on until she selects a suitable level of punishment for herself.”

 

“That’s not fair!” I said. I would never have done something like that to Brianna. 

 

Raisa simply smiled and tapped the palm of her hand with the switch again. “So I ask again, how many strokes do you deserve, little kajira?”

 

“Mistress, please may I speak for the new slave,” said Cath as she dropped to her knees before the First Girl. I looked on, astonished, as Cath pleaded on my behalf. “She is new to her collar, she is stupid, she is useless and clumsy, but she will learn. She knows she has been displeasing, and she begs a chance to do better. If she doesn’t do better today, I will take twice her punishment, if you only spare her this morning. She still suffers from her branding, her whipping, her switching. Please, Mistress, please.”

 

I couldn’t believe I was hearing this. 

 

Raisa gazed at me. “Your chain sister thinks you will do better today, Cassie. Is she foolish to say that?”

 

“I will do better, Mistress,” I said quickly. Was I really going to be spared a further punishment? My heart was beating quickly as I considered this sudden escape. 

 

“If you do not, your chain sister will receive twice the number of strokes I would have inflicted now. And so will you. Do you understand me?”

 

“Don’t hurt her, Mistress. I will not disappoint you.”

 

“We shall see.” Raisa replaced her switch and motioned to the uneaten breakfast. One look at Cath’s imploring expression and I knew I would have to eat the cold, lumpen porridge. I dropped down onto my knees and lowered myself to eat from the wooden bowl. It was disgusting, but I knew Raisa would punish Cath for any disobedience on my part. Raisa left before I had finished the food, if you could call it that.

 

“You have to lick the bowl clean, Cassie,” said Cath as she knelt beside me. “We are not permitted to leave any of it.”

 

“It’s disgusting.”

 

“Really?” Cath seemed surprised as I said that. Genuinely surprised, in fact.

 

“You like, it?” I said, astonished. 

 

“Well, ‘like it’ is probably too strong a term, but I suppose I’m used to it. It’s been years since I ate in fine restaurants in Cambridge.” She laughed. “You wouldn’t have recognised me back then.”

 

“Trust me, it’s not good.” I cleaned the remains of the porridge with my fingers and finished the meal, telling myself it would be the last one I would have to endure. Every passing ehn brought me closer to my time of release today. Poor Cath, she would remain a slave forever, but I would enjoy my freedom again. I suppose Donna would not tell her. Cath and Rasa would probably be told that I had been sold back to a slaver house, for whatever reason. Like Julie, Cath thought she had found a friends, little knowing that she would lose that friend before nightfall. 

 

“So, today we need to concentrate on not being punished. You don’t want to be punished again, do you, Cassie?”

 

I shook my head. I still hurt from the whipping yesterday, and my brand remained extremely painful. 

 

“So we want to avoid another whipping. It will be twice as bad, and for both of us.”

 

“Why did you do that? You’re running a risk of being whipped.”

 

“Am I? Or will my chain sister work hard today to spare us both?” She rubbed her nose softly against mine. I had seen slaves do that before – a sign of affection in the kennels. It felt… strangely comforting. “I think I can rely on you. Now come, I’m going to teach you how to cook breakfast for your Mistress.”

 

 

21 comments:

  1. So instead of good cop/bad cop, we have good slave/bad slave? ;-) Nice to get more background info on Cath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Master. Speaking as a former First Girl, I can confirm that this is classic good slave/bad slave coercive behaviour, and Cassie is dumb enough not to notice or understand it’s happening. Typically the First Girl is the beastly one, and then another kajira takes the new slave ‘under her wing’ and helps her out – perhaps even ‘saving her’ from the worst of the punishments, with the understanding that the new girl now has to work hard or her brave and kind chain sister will share her punishment. Often this is arranged in advance by the First Girl who is only being beastly so that the new slave bonds with her kennel sister. The ‘good slave’ and ‘bad slave’ usually co-ordinate all of this together. The result is that a new kajira acclimatises to her slavery quickly and doesn’t need to be punished quite so much in the early days. Most First Girls don’t really want to punish their girls unless they have to. They’re generally not doing it for fun.

      Delete
    2. Understandable. First Girl today might be last girl tomorrow at a whim.

      Delete
  2. Cassandra hasn't been one to make many friends, but now Julie first, then Cath. Could we be seeing the beginning of some genuine change in Cassie?

    Somehow, I don't think her cozy night spent with Cath served well as aversion therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slave girl friendships grow swiftly in a way that Free Women can never understand. Free Women rarely develop the sort of friendships with their peers that kajirae will find in the kennels. Being a Free Woman is lonely, not only when it comes to contact with men, but also any meaningful contact with friends of their own sex. Free Women are often rivals, by nature of the society which they live in, where they have to compete for the brief attention of a man who might really prefer to be spending his time with a slave girl instead. There is still competition in a slave pen, but also support and friendship. Cassie is beginning to understand this, I think.

      Delete
  3. I'm wondering what Cath is going to tell Lady Donna - Cassie should have remembered the first rule of prison - if there are charges pending, your cellmate is always a snitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pleased to see that Cassie is not scowling so much, although disappointed that she did not pick up on Cath's reference to being used by Victor. Interesting that she enjoyed the sex with Cath.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just call me gullible... I was reading along feeling warm inside.
    Now I don't know what to think.

    elaina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gullible at all, chain-sis, it's just how First Girls work with new girls. Cath probably is sincere in liking Cassie, but a lot of what we saw was typical 'good slave/bad slave' training.

      Delete
  6. Cassandra is becoming Cassie, by the feeling of the chains and the words of Cath. Remember the Lady Donna promised to free her - unless Cassie begged the collar.
    Victor will not use her - unless she begs for use. And if she wants use, she will have to beg hard. There is a hierarchy. Raisa as First Girl, because of her position needs to beg less than Cath. Cassie as third girl and new, will have to beg more and demonstrate slave heat far beyond what Cath would need to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The longer the collar and brand remain on her, and the longer her robes of concealment do not, the more the slave Cassie emerges. If anything delays the arrival or application of the healing kit from the Priest Kings, the less chance there is that Cassandra Assante will re-emerge from slavery.
      For without her robes of concealment, can any woman conceal the essential slave beneath the robes.

      Delete
    2. True, Master. Time in a collar is her worst enemy. And typically a girl doesn't even sense the changes occurring in her body as that time goes by. Until one day when she looks at herself in a mirror and she no longer sees anything but a slave.

      Delete
  7. There seems to be something in men of earth transported to Gor that makes them want to use former Earth women even more, and even harder than usual Gorean slaves. Tarl Cabor is off course the quintessential example of this, but we see it in Victor and Simon as well.
    And perhaps in the Lady Donna as well? For despite what the former Catherine of Cambridge claims, Cambridge does belong to a particular English Caste of Administrators and Warriors, with a few lower caste students admitted on probation to see if they are worthy of promotion to a higher caste (in the English sense) So the Lady Donna of Dover, a commercial port, may in some fashion enjoy have as a slave a former High Caste woman, humbling her intellectual pretensions. Cath's learning, like all the possessions of a slave are the property of the Lady Donna now.
    Of course, even though the intentions of the Lady Donna towards Cassandra/Cassie are altruistic, there must be some satisfaction in seeing her social superior on her knees, clad only in collar and brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true, Master. I can cite an example with Simon in the days when he lived on Brinn’s estate. This would be sometime after his infatuation with Shannon came to an end, when Brinn got annoyed that Simon wanted to free her and make her his Free Companion.

      Back then I’d always let Simon know when we bought a new Earth girl. We both wanted to know how Games of Thrones ended (we’d been brought to Gor when it was incomplete) and so the sensible things was to ask any Earth girls if they had watched it. But it became apparent that Simon liked talking to girls from Earth. I suppose he was a bit homesick, and he felt he could relate to them on the same level, whereas with Gorean kajirae there was a cultural divide. Back then he was still ‘outraged’ that women from Earth were enslaved, though that didn’t stop him fantasising about them. He’d always be asking me questions about some Earth girl or other in the pens, and I’d be like, “Simon, why don’t you just go and talk to her? You’re a man. You’re allowed to do that. Go on.”

      And he’d be all, it’s so wrong that Felicity, or Cara or Sally, or whoever it might be that he was talking about, has to call me Master and be dressed that way, in such a brief slave tunic, that shows her body off. She’s an Earth girl, Emma – it’s wrong. The girls obviously knew that Simon was from Earth, and for a while, when they were new to their collars and brands, they hoped perhaps that he would free them. Everyone in the pens knew that Simon had wanted to free Shannon, and so the new girls taken from Earth would try to speak with Simon whenever they could. And Simon would be so sympathetic and tell them how wrong it was that they were collared. But they remained collared, of course.

      Delete
    2. There was one girl – I can’t remember her slave name, but I can remember her name when she was a Free Woman on Earth – Miss Arabella Bethany Hargreaves, and Simon took a real liking to her. I remember she had large breasts that really strained under the tight slave tunic, and she had a very posh voice. I think she went to some finishing school in Cambridge. Anyway, Simon wanted to impress her with his own cultural tastes, and it very quickly became laughable. Simon would talk to Miss Hargeaves about the modern literature he’d read – Martin Amis, Will Self and Iain Banks in particular – and she’d respond with her own reading of highbrow classics that included Dostoevsky, Shakespeare, Chaucer, Milton, and the original German editions of Goethe, not to mention her Latin classics; and he’d try to impress her with his taste in ‘Brit Pop’ Indie music, and she’d try not to seem condescending as she’d in turn talk about Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Monteverdi, and Mahler, and she could discuss music from a technical point, using terms that Simon didn’t understand, as she could play violin; and then Simon would try to impress her with his love of cinema – Tarantino in particular – only she of course had a knowledge of art house cinema, in particular French films. Simon would go away feeling resentful that this slave had such a polished education, and was obviously from a social class a stratosphere above his own.

      Miss Hargreaves wasn’t trying to belittle him – but she couldn’t help make it obvious that Simon’s definition of ‘culture’ was really very low brow compared to her own. And she, I think, foolishly believed that Simon was different, and that he might be her friend.

      One night (I was First Girl, remember), I got told that a Master had asked for Miss Hargreaves and that I was to prepare her for use. I was surprised by this because she was still white silk, and normally that meant that she was off limits to Brinn’s warriors. Only it wasn’t a warrior who had sent for her. It was Simon. She was going to spend the night with him. I told the girl that nothing much was going to happen, and that she didn’t need to be frightened. Simon would almost certainly spend the night talking to her, and she would probably enjoy some fine food and wine, and would then sleep unmolested by the fireplace. Knowing Simon, he might even offer her his bed, and he would sleep elsewhere. She left the kennels, relieved, and looking forward to ‘the date’.

      When she was returned in the morning it was clear she had been put to use. There had been no romantic meal, no flowers, no wining and dining, no conversation. She was in tears. Simon had been resentful from the moment she was brought to his rooms and he had shown her a whip on the wall. He had then ordered the poor girl to ‘seduce him’ in the fashion of a slave, and of course she was still a virgin, with no idea how to do that. Simon hadn’t been pleased with her lack of skill, and had whipped her. He then put her to use on her belly and chained her to a slave ring after he went to bed.

      Delete
    3. Simon had wanted to teach her a lesson, I think. He had wanted to assert his dominance on a girl who made him feel inferior on a cultural and social level.

      When I spoke to him afterwards, he had claimed the girl had been insolent, after all he had done for her. That she had laughed at him. He apologised to me, and said he had been pushed too far, and that Miss Hargeaves was a spiteful and pretentious bitch, but I don’t think she was. But of course I wasn’t used to Simon acting like this back then, and so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Miss Hargeaves had been dismissive and insolent, though I’d never seen her act that way. Shortly afterwards, word came down from Brinn that Miss Hargreaves was to be assigned to work in the stables. That’s a terrible thing to happen to a girl – ‘working’ in the stables means you’re available to the male slaves as a reward. No girl wants that. Male slaves, deprived of women for long periods of time, are very animal like when they are given a girl to share. You get put to use multiple times by multiple men in a single evening, and it can be painful. She was taken away in tears, begging me not to do this, but I was powerless. Brinn had spoken. I was pretty sure though that Brinn had no idea who Miss Hargeaves was, so I think now he might have simply done that because Simon had asked him to. Simon had wanted to teach the girl she was no longer special. Or maybe not. Maybe Simon had nothing to do with it. I really don’t know.

      Delete
  8. I was wondering if we were going to see a picture of Cassie in the sirik. Love it! Thanks Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tch! Cassie was right at least when she said how turned on men are by a girl in Sirik chains. :)

      Delete
  9. Tracker, a teller of tales and tracker of escaped slaves and beautiful women continues his tale of the naming feast of the Young Master (first parts in comments for Chapter Twelve.

    The Feasts in the House of Procus
    While Aefic and Mary choked down the inedible stew assembled by the new slave Cassie and went to bed discontented, and Cassie choked down the bile of slavery and went to bed hungry and sore, in another part of Vonda the naming day of the Young Master, Kustius, concluded with two feasts and no one, not the lowliest slave went to bed hungry. Indeed they went to bed rather full of the good things that life can provide, even the slaves.
    In the protected rear of the house, the women’s feast began with great masses of dainty foods, and trays of dainties, including a whole platter of Ba-Kla-Va. So much Ba-Kla-Va that one might be forgiven for thinking there would certainly be leftovers, enough even for the slaves of the house. There would be no leftovers. Not one crumb of flaky pastry or filling would be left – the little that was not eaten would be carried away by honoured guests. Ba-Kla-Va for slaves is not allowed, not in the House of Procus! There was wine, (watered for women), Black Wine, (for the House of Procus was displaying its wealth) for a First Young Master is not named every day and all manner of good things to eat and drink. The feast was brought in by two Kajirai, Cook, named after her job, and Phoebe, named after the first slaves brought to Vonda by Vondar the Fierce. Phoebe was a Lady’s slave; Cook the first girl, although she was so old no one could remember her having any other. Procus had brought her with him from his father’s house when he first set up his own household. Cookand Phoebe laid the feast before the ladies and discreetly slipped away. They had roles to play at the Men’s feast in the receiving hall of Procus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Feast of the Women - continued

    The mother of Procus was there, as was the mother of the Free Companion were both there, giving themselves such airs as one would have thought that they had themselves laboured to produce the Young Master. Also in attendance were friends of the two mothers, matriarchs of the city of Vonda, each group with their particular mother, like seconds expecting a duel to break out. But on this day at least, each was on their best behaviour, though gathering ammunition of slights to be used later.
    Less grim were the friends of Procus’s Free Companion to marvel publicly at the wonder and handsomeness of the babe, and to privately assure themselves that their offspring were better looking, better formed, healthier, and in general, better in every way.
    Also present were ladies not yet companioned, but there to make all the other ladies feel superior and to condition them to enter into companionship. All these competing strands stretched tightly across the room to make a web so strong it could have held a tarn! There was one last guest, a plain woman in flamboyant clothes who played a stringed instrument. Her conversation was boring and her voice was as sharp and off-key as her playing of her instrument. Yet she was invited to all such parties.
    The ladies talked and gossiped and reminded themselves that they were there to have a good time. The mothers-in-law glared at each other yet neither drew a blade. Ladies absent had their characters dissected and their morals questioned or outright assassinated. Shortly a hubbub of male laughter and shouting penetrated (hateful word to these ladies – penetrated!) to the women’s quarters at the rear of the house. The mother of the Young Master gestured to the dull woman. And she picked up her instrument and played. Her playing was not skillful, nor her voice tuneful, but the reason she was invited as evident. She was loud! Her instrument was loud, every untuneful chord! Her voice was loud, every dull word and sharp phrase. But the men and the kajiraie could not be heard over her. And the Ladies were satisfied, and ate their dainties, including all the Ba-Kla-Va as they sipped their Black Wine.
    Meanwhile in Procus’s receiving hall, the last part of the naming ceremony and feast began.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And now Tracker tells of the Feast of the Men. This is a Feast of fewer unspoken tensions and less restraint. Gorean men are not to be restrained.
    Meanwhile in Procus’s receiving hall, the last part of the naming ceremony and feast began. Along the long side of the hall, facing the door ran a long table, holding the twenty guests. These guests included his fellow masters of their guild and caste, friends of Procus’s from outside the guild, the local head of the guardsmen in the quarter, and because Procus might develop political ambitions, the praetor’s magistrate for the ward. The Praetor himself had sent his regrets along with a present more munificent than necessary as a token of his esteem. Along the short wall to Procus’s right, at a table of their own sat Procus’s five apprentices. Yes five. This is Procus the silversmith, famous even beyond Vonda even though still relatively young. Along the wall at the left are seven slaves, five kajirae and two kajirus, hulking brutes who carry fuel for the furnaces and carry heavy commissions to the houses of buyers. If they had more intelligence they would rival and low thalarion for quickness of wit. One had been captured by Procus when he carried his spear and shield in the citizen militia in the wars of Vonda. Two of the kajirae we have met, old Cook, who prepared meals for the whole household, and Phoebe, the Lady’s maid. She was afraid of men and dreaded this night and the ceremony and celebration. The two household maids, were like Cook and Phoebe born on Gor. Cook was a born slave, Phoebe captured in a raid by Cosian pirates and sold in the markets. The two household slaves, Kim and Khloe were also Gorean born but given the names of two notorious Barbarian slave, famous even on Gor for their unbridled sensuality and large, nay, magnificent rears. Unlike Kassie, the famous Earth slaves’ ample rears were muscled and well exercised by constant usage, not a result of too much good living and insufficient exercise! The Kim and Khloe owned by Procus were not as ample and magnificent as their earth counterparts but were good enough to generate envy for Procus. The fifth slave Clarissa, or Klarissa as it says on her collar, which matches Kim and Khloe’s, was born on earth. She helps Cook in the kitchen and sees to the needs of the five apprentices, which are many. Like the other kajirae she is naked, this being the men’s part of the house.

    ReplyDelete