Thursday 10 February 2022

Secrets of Gor Chapter Twelve

 

“It tastes bad, mama. I don’t like it,” cried Mary as she stirred the lumpen stew on her plate.

 

“The suls are hard in the middle,” added Aefic. “I don’t think they’re cooked properly. Yuk!”

 

The Lady Donna sat with her children at the dining table, and none of them were at all impressed with my first attempt at cooking.  

 

I had told Raisa that I didn’t know how to cook, but the slave bitch had ordered me into the kitchen anyway. The tears and snot had barely dried on my face from my painful switch whipping before I was ordered to begin work, and my first chore was to prepare and cook dinner for my so-called Mistress. I had gazed at the kitchen, with its unfathomable array of pots and pans and cooking utensils, a cold iron stove, and a larder full of raw vegetables, grains and meat still on the bone, and I despaired. 

 

“I have never cooked a meal in my life,” I cried. “I don’t know where to begin, Mistress.”

                                                                     

Raisa wasn’t impressed by this statement. “Begin by lighting the stove, slave. You know how to do that, surely? Even you can’t be that stupid.”

 

She watched as I knelt on the stone floor and opened the door to the stove, seeing the grey ash from the morning that no longer glowed with any lit embers that I might fan into a fire again. There were logs and tinder piled beside the stove, and so I began filling it from memory. Raisa handed me flint and steel and sighed, shaking her head, as I tried to light the tinder by striking the steel with the flint. There were sparks, but it took a while to get a flame going, and then when I had managed that, I swiftly extinguished it by piling wood onto it too soon. 

 

But that was only the beginning of my problems. I had never cooked a meal in my life. I was in pain from my branding, I was in pain from my whipping, and I was now also in pain from being switched by Raisa. I had had enough of this. I just wanted to go to my beautiful bed in my beautiful house and sleep all day and all night. 

 

“Start working, girl,” snapped Raisa. I turned angrily to face her, but saw she had her switch in hand again. “What?” she said, staring hard into my face. Suddenly she moved up to where I stood and brought her face close to mine. “You wish to be switched again?”

 

I clenched my fist, but she saw that.

 

“Try it. Show me one moment of defiance and I will have you placed in a slave box in the courtyard, gagged, so we won’t be disturbed by your screams of agony as cramp sets into your closely confined limbs.”

 

She stared at me, unblinking, until I looked down.

 

I didn’t truly think the Lady Donna would allow her to do that, but what if she was away from the house at the moment, and wouldn’t know?

 

“Face the kitchen wall, place your hands against the bricks and stand still, legs spread.”

“No, please, no…”

 

Raisa forced me to face the wall and kicked my feet apart. Then she rolled the short hem of my tunic up to my waist and gave me another three swipes of the switch. These landed on my already burning switch marks from earlier, and the pain was now incredible. I screamed, louder than I had done in the basement, but I held position, fearing she might otherwise start again. 

 

A mere ten ehn later, I was desperately trying to prepare a stew. Surely, it just involved boiling things?

 

“This meal is unpleasant,” said Donna, purposefully not looking at any of the three house slaves that knelt to the side of the room. “My children are displeased, and I am displeased. Who is responsible?”

 

Obviously, Raisa and Cath said nothing. After a moment’s hesitation, and a simmering glare from Raisa, I said, “I don’t know how to cook, Mistress.”

 

“Obviously.” The Lady Donna still didn’t look at me. “You have already been beaten today, yes?”

 

“Yes, Mistress.”

 

“Then the punishment will be better served tomorrow morning, when you are refreshed.” She slid her plate away, stood up, and then walked to where I knelt. “This is not a good start, girl. You had better improve, and quickly.”

 

I wanted to talk to her, to tell her enough was enough, that this pretence had worked, and that I had no wish to be a slave for real. My thigh still burned horribly, and my back and bottom was criss-crossed with red stripes from the lash and switch. I hated this, and I felt powerless to bring it to a close. Donna had to stop this, but I couldn’t bring myself to say anything while her slaves were present. If I spoke now, Raisa and Cath would know who Cassie really was, and that would be humiliating beyond words. By my reckoning I wasn’t even halfway through the day and night of slave service, if she was going to count it from the moment she took ownership of me in the slaver house. I wouldn’t be free of this ordeal until well into tomorrow, when Simon, my Free Companion, would arrive to see me back home safely. I had no idea how long the Priest King magic foam would take to heal my thigh, but Donna had suggested it wouldn’t be more than a couple of days. Until then I would just have to ensure Simon didn’t see the brand. As I slept in a long nightgown, that would be easy enough. He would appreciate my need to not be touched for a while, following this ordeal. He would understand that, for he would expect the return of a frigid woman. 

 

“Mistress, may I speak in private?” I asked.

 

“Of course not.” She looked astonished by the suggestion. “You are a slave, Cassie. What can you possibly say that requires privacy?”

 

This was so frustrating! She must know what I wanted to say, but she was giving me no opportunity to speak the words. She was doing this deliberately! 

 

The children routinely enjoyed some play time together after the evening meal, but on this day the play time included me, for they conspired in a corner, giggling together, and occasionally glancing as I moved stiffly to clear the dinner plates from the table. 

 

“Slave!” cried Mary, imperiously. She clicked her fingers and pointed to the flagstone floor of the courtyard.

 

“Mistress,” I said, as I knelt before the small girl and her brother. They had no idea who I was. They thought I was a slave.

 

“You will dance for me,” said Aefic, mimicking the tone of his father as best he could. 

 

“I don’t know how to dance, Master,” I said. Nor did I want to even attempt to dance for children. Aefic was many years away from puberty, but he no doubt understood that men made their slaves dance for them in the evenings, though he probably didn’t understand why.

 

“Of course you do, you are a slave,” he snapped. He raised a switch in his hand and motioned for me to rise to my feet. Mary giggled beside him, not really understanding what should come next, but enjoying the game of pretending to be adults. A switch can be just as painful in the hands of a child because it doesn’t take much physical strength to wield it. The short snap can be performed with just a flick of the wrist, making it an ideal instrument for a young boy to practise with. Aefic looked uncertain what else to say, so he simply stared hard at me. 

 

“Please, Master, I do not know how to…” I screamed suddenly as the boy lashed at my lower arm with his switch. 




 

“Dance, slave!” he said. My defiance was making him angry. And so, not knowing what I was doing, I began to shuffle my feet, sway my hips and pace to the left and the right, in the hope that this might satisfy Aefic. And of course it did, because he had never seen a slave dance for a man before, so he didn’t know what to expect.

 

“Does papa really like this?” asked Mary as she watched, frowning. “It’s boring.”

 

“That’s because you’re a stupid girl,” said Aefic. He was pretending to enjoy my dance, much as a man might, but I could tell he shared his sister’s bewilderment. “I wouldn’t expect you to understand.”

 

I raised my wrists and turned in a circle, stepping backwards and forwards. A man would have whipped me for such a poor performance, but Aefic seemed satisfied. 

 

“It’s silly,” said Mary. “I’m bored.” 

 

“Play with your dolls,” sneered the boy. Mary stuck her tongue out at him and then, gathering her long skirts, hurried away to their shared room, leaving me alone with this eight year-old boy. There was frustration in his face. He couldn’t understand why his father might like this, and he desperately wanted to share the same degree of satisfaction he knew Victor received from watching a kajira dance. “You can stop now, slave,” he said. “I am going to practice capture knots on you.”

 

And so he did. To my embarrassment, the boy made me lie on my belly and placed my wrists behind my back as he clumsily tried to tie my wrists together with binding fibre. “I have caught you, slave,” he declared. “You are my captive.” 

 

It was normal enough – Brinn had done much the same thing with me when we were both young, but back then I hadn’t really understood the power exchange, and, crucially, then we were all children. Now I was a grown woman I resented being used as a bondage doll for the Lady Donna’s son. 

 

“Struggle, slave,” he said. 

 

I struggled to try and free my wrists in a half-hearted way, not wishing to actually free myself, for fear of upsetting the boy. In truth I probably could have freed myself given some time, but that would have bruised his ego. 




 

“I am helpless, Master,” I lied. This pleased him very much, and after laughing, he ran off to join Mary. It took me only six ehn to free my hands and then when I did I rose and walked back into the house, hoping for a moment’s peace, that swiftly proved impossible when Raisa summoned me back into the kitchen, where she shouted at me, telling me I was a useless slave, that I had better learn to be pleasing, and quickly, or things would become very uncomfortable for me.

 

“I’m not going to take any blame for your failings, girl,” she snarled. I imagined the crunching sound her nose would make, breaking under my fist, as I endured this verbal assault. She had no idea how close she was to being beaten to the floor. “You can expect another taste of the switch tomorrow, and you can spend tonight scrubbing every inch of the kitchen.”

 

“But it’s already clean,” I protested.

 

“Not clean enough! Not clean enough for me.” She slapped me hard in the face. If she carried on doing this, I would kill her. I could feel my temper rising now. She was just a slutty slave girl, and she dared to speak to me like this! And then she seized hold of my hair and pushed me down on to my knees. I was rapidly losing any sense of self-control. “You will scrub and clean until I say you can stop.” She had Cath fill a bucket of soap and water and handed me a large scrubbing brush with worn bristles. “Seven copper tarsks you cost the Mistress! I would say you’re hardly worth two!”

 

I stood up and clenched my fists, but before I could hit Raisa, the Lady Donna appeared in the doorway.

 

“What is all this noise?” She looked first at Raisa, and then at me. “Are you causing problems, Cassie? Do you wish to sleep on a cold stone floor in close chains tonight, girl?”

 

“No, Mistress.” I unclenched my fists. She would do that, too. I know she would!

 

She was taking this too far!

 

My brand ached horribly. I felt nauseous from the earlier whipping and the switching. I felt tired, and sore and every inch of my body seemed to ache. There was nothing erotic about any of this. 

 

“I’m not sure I can trust you, Cassie.” She turned to Raisa. “Put her in sirik chains. Close fastening for ankles and wrists. Wide enough that she can work, but close enough that she can’t cause any trouble.”

Raisa nodded and went to fetch a set of sirik chains. The arrangement consists of a long chain that locks to the collar ring, and descends down to the floor. Ankle cuffs link from it, offering enough play to allow slow walking, but no running, and certainly no kicking. At mid-point, the central chain also has a set of wrist cuffs with perhaps 6 to 7 horts of length of chain between the right and left wrist. A girl can work in this arrangement, but the work is slower and, crucially, she is helpless if a fight were to break out. 

 

There are two observations I can make relating to the sirik chain arrangement. The first is from the viewpoint of lustful males, for they, to a man, it seems, are deeply aroused by the sight of a girl chained in such a way. Of all the kinds of bondage, it is the sirik chain that delights them the most. I have seen men lose all sense and rational thought when confronted by a slave girl with her wrists and ankles linked to a central chain that descends from her collar ring and pools on the tiled floor by her feet. Why the caste of slavers do not routinely display their sluts in such a chain arrangement remains a mystery to me, as such a display would easily add several copper tarsks to the selling price of most girls.

 

The second observation is that of the female – the helpless, submissive female - and it is my own observation as a female who found herself chained in this way. Firstly, I knew myself to now be helpless, and that is an uneasy feeling. But, too, I felt something else – a sense of anticipation as I moved in these chains – the sense of knowing that if a man saw me like this, he would desire me, and that played powerfully on my waking mind. I felt my body and skin become more aware, more alive, as I stood, chained. I became acutely aware of my surroundings and I felt conscious of how I must look. Such is the transformative power of chaining a girl. And then there is the sound of the chain links, moving as you move. The steel clinking together to the extent a girl can move her wrists and ankles. I found the sensation of the confinement and the sound of the metal to be, if not arousing, then perhaps, exciting? I found myself a little breathless as I moved my wrists against the central chain, feeling that too move against my solid collar ring. It is degrading to be chained, of course it is, but it is also in a certain way, stimulating. Certainly, my skin felt stimulated, and I sensed that if a man were to touch me now, while I was chained in this way, the effect of his touch would be enhanced considerably. I shook my head, angrily. How could steel bonds make me feel this way? 

 

Interestingly, even Tacitus of Ar has spoken on the subject. He once declared that a ‘proud Free Woman only truly knows her body when she is locked in chains.’ It is important however to consider that his expertise is in military matters. He is not a slaver. But even so, I did feel different now. 

 

The Lady Donna had watched as the sirik chain was locked first to my collar ring, then to my ankles and then to my wrists. There was no chance I could win a fight with Raisa now, and she knew it.

 

“Now get to work,” she said, as she turned and left. 

 

The work seemed pointless, but I scrubbed and cleaned every surface of that kitchen until Raisa felt there wasn’t a speck of dirt to be found. Working in a sirik chain arrangement was slow and difficult, meaning I had to shuffle about on my knees, and I could only work with both my hands close to one another, and not far from my breasts. And my hair kept getting in the way. Slaves are not permitted to tie their hair back. Slaves must always wear their hair loose. A Free Woman would never show herself in public with her hair completely loose and unbound, for it might suggest she in some way wishes to resemble a slave girl. 

 

 I now longed for my night in the slave kennel. It would be uncomfortable, but it would speed the passage of time until my ordeal would be over. I guessed that I would see an end to this by the fifteenth ahn at the very latest tomorrow. Possibly sooner if the Lady Donna accounted for the day and night as beginning the moment she first saw me in the House of Andronicus, which must have been around the thirteenth ahn. If I slept in the kennel until the beginning of the sixth ahn then I would only have to endure nine ahn of toil and brutality before my so called Mistress would declare this aversion therapy over. I was an Assante. I would endure that passage of time. 

 

Raisa took me down to the basement later that night and gave me a bowl of slops to eat, which I refused.

 

“Suit yourself, girl. You’ll have nothing better tomorrow. Go hungry if you wish. We’ll see how long that lasts.”

 

My stomach was rumbling, for I hadn’t eaten since the previous night, but I told myself I would endure hunger, rather than eat these slops today or tomorrow. Tomorrow night I would dine well at my house and make up for my period of fasting. 

 

Cath was already in the small kennel cage by the time I crawled inside to join her. There was a single straw mattress and thick blanket which we would have to share. Despite my request, Raisa did not unlock the sirik chains. This was probably done to ensure that I couldn’t dominate the slave girl who shared the pen with me. She would be in charge so long as I was chained this way.

 

It was an awkward and uncomfortable feeling to know that I was now helpless and unable to defend myself. Cath could be dominant in this kennel cage if she chose to be. But Cath didn’t seem to take advantage of this arrangement. I lay on the mattress with her as Raisa locked the barred gate and then slid into her own kennel, though her door wasn’t locked. She was a trusted slave, much the same as my own Brianna. 

 

“The first day is always hardest,” said Cath as she slid onto the mattress and spooned her body against mine under the coarse blanket. “You can rest now. Nothing bad will happen to you tonight, slave girl.”

 

I was surprised by this, and it put me in mind of the kindness showed to me by Julie, all those months ago. 

 

“You can cry if you want to,” said Cath. “Every girl does at first. It’s okay. This must seem very brutal to a former Free Woman.”

 

“I’m not the crying kind,” I said. And I meant it. 

 

 

40 comments:

  1. That permanent scowl on Cassie's face is just going to get her into more trouble. She needs to learn how to smile prettily for the Masters and Mistresses. I'm quite sure this will come more naturally when a strong, dominant Gorean male enters the scene.

    She is still experiencing mixed emotions, the beatings and work are abominable to her, but she responded differently to being confined in sirik and had some erotic thoughts involving a Master. It will be interesting to see her reaction if Victor sees her so confined. The sirik chaining was a smart move on the part of Lady Donna and another twist Cassie didn't see coming.

    Cassie will find dancing for Victor to be an entirely different experience than play dancing for Aefic. I certainly hope Chloe can arrange for her new design pleasure silks to be delivered by Tarn Express so Victor can enjoy his little fantasy all the more.

    Cassie remains over confident. We all know she isn't going to escape her predicament as easily as she thinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A word of explanation re: the multiple comments by Master Mick. Turns out these were going straight to a list of posts requiring me to confirm they weren't spam, so poor Master Mick kept trying to repost them. He contacted me via e-mail and I assumed at first he might have had problems with his computer settings. It as only when I looked at my admin page that I saw all the attempts marked as possibly spam. Something like this happened some weeks ago, as you may recall. Anyway, in order to try and teach Blogger that Master Mick isn't a spam bot, I've approved all the multiple attempts, because it's possible that if I deleted all but one of them, it might think he is spamming the site and things would get worse. That's why you see so many duplicates here. Hopefully things will work OK from now on. I do keep an eye on my admin page, so I will generally see 'is this spam?' comments from Blogger, but there will generally be a bit of a delay.

      Delete
    2. Ah. It should be all right for me delete the duplicates I'm assuming?

      Delete
    3. I think I've removed all the duplicates, now, Master. Hopefully Blogger doesn't think that those comments were spam, now that I've done that.

      Delete
    4. Speaking as a pleasure slave who was trained to a high level in the pens of Banu Hashim (I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned that?) I can concur with Cassie’s observations on sirik chains. They do make a slave feel more ‘alive’ and aware of men and her surroundings when she is locked in the semi-restrictive ankle and wrist cuffs. It’s ‘interesting’ that Cassie has noticed this, herself. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was unable to post my comments for a time until I turned off the "Privacy Sandbox trial features" in the Privacy and Security settings of the Chrome browser and reboot Android. Maybe this might be helpful to anyone experiencing problems posting using Chrome.

    That permanent scowl on Cassie's face is just going to get her into more trouble. She needs to learn to smile prettily for the Masters and Mistresses. This will no doubt come more naturally when an attractive dominant male enters the scene.

    She is still experiencing conflicting emotions. The beatings and work are abhorrent to her, but she experienced a different reaction when chained in sirik, having erotic thoughts about men. The sirik was a smart move on the part of Lady Donna and another twist Cassie didn't see coming. It would be interesting indeed to see her reaction if Victor should see her so chained.

    Dancing for Victor will be an entirely different matter than the play dancing she did for Aefic. She won't get away with giving anything but her best efforts. Hopefully Chloe can arrange for the delivery of her new design pleasure silks by Tarn Express so that Victor can enjoy his little fantasy all the more.

    Cassie remains quite over confident. We all know she won't escape her predicament as easily as she believes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If/when she is freed I hope that Cassie is kinder to the slaves in her household as she now sees how awful their lives can be

    Dafydd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narrator: She will not. cassie will hate them all the more, knowing how close she came to being one of them, and how thin the line between a Free Lady and a Kajira. Cassie will do everything she can to reinforce that line.
      If she is free.

      Delete
    2. I think we need to appreciate, Masters, that Cassie still thinks of herself as vastly different to the slaves. There is still that dividing line (in her mind). As Master Tracker suggests, if she is freed at the close of play of a single day and night, she will return to her veils and robes, probably with the reinforced opinion that she has suffered differently to the suffering of a Kajira, and, as Master Tracker suggests, she will realise (subconsciously) how thin the line between a Free Woman and a kajira is on Gor, and will wish to reinforce that line as best she can.

      Delete
  5. Being a Kajira on the Lady Donna's Gor is not at all like the fun and games that attends such status on John Norman's Counter-Earth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know why we fear being owned by a Free Woman, Master.

      Delete
  6. Tall all,

    I think that Cassie might, in future, be able to cook herself, her Free Companion and children, a meal if needs be.

    Cleaning the kitchen is not pointless, dirt breeds germs. I do not wish to become sick. As the slave is barely capable of anything she gets the easiest job.

    The Kind and Gentle Lady Donna of Dover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this does illustrate how ill-equipped Cassie is when it comes to useful skills. She can't cook a meal and has little appreciation of cleaning a house from top to bottom. A slave girl quickly learns all of this, and much more.

      Delete
  7. I liked the line "I guessed that I would see an end to this by the fifteenth ahn at the very latest tomorrow." Somehow, I don't think this is correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Согласен, с вами Мэтт!
      Мне думается что Эмма ещё не скоро покинет этот дом и пока мы не видели Виктора и его взаимодействия с Кэсси, да и ящик для рабов долго пустует...Вам не кажется что пора бы его кем то заполнить? :) Например попкой Кэсси? :) :) :)

      Delete
    2. She does seem to be very confident that this will all be over very soon. Perhaps it will be, and it will be a very short story, as opposed to the forty or so chapters I originally predicted. ;)

      Delete
    3. Эмми мне нравится твоя ирония)))
      Думаю что Кэсси пора познакомиться с ящиком для рабов. На мой взгляд это в дальнейшем сделает выражение ее лица более приветливым и приятным для ее хозяев. :)

      Delete
    4. I'd value the opinion of an honoured free woman inestimably higher than that of a mere kajira.
      So count me in as surprised if Lady Cassandra isn't safe and comfortable in her soft bed by the 16th ahn.

      Delete
    5. Slave girls tend to be punished if they get things wrong. Free women often get a pass. So I would actually value of the opinion of a slave girl more.

      Delete
    6. Master Livius is of course right to say that the opinion of a Free Woman is beyond reproach when compared with the irrelevance that is the opinion of a slave. The opinion of a Free Woman should always be listened to with respect and admiration. Having said that, I think Master Matt Harris is my favourite Master today. :)

      Delete
  8. Emma,

    So Blogger was messing with me. Hopefully this comment posts ok now. Please delete all my duplicate attempts. One post is quite enough :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wondering about what Dafydd said about Cassie treating slaves better if she is ever free again. I think this might only happen if she spends more time in the collar than a couple days. She definitely has a mean streak! Being put to use by Mikos, feeling the brand, wearing a collar, feeling the whip, and sleeping in a sirik has made a permanent impression on her. It will be very interesting to see if she is ever freed and how her behavior will change. I am wondering if she is going to have a visitor come to her kennel before the morning…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the multiple duplicate posts! I have no idea how 4 of them appeared. I have scoured this site looking for a way to delete. Any guidance and deleting?

      Delete
    2. At the end of one's own posts, there should be a delete option visible right beside the "reply".

      Delete
    3. No worries, Master. I can delete them from the admin screen. :)

      Delete
    4. Yes, Master, Cassie would need many more days in a collar before we might see any changes in her personality and behaviour. As she’s due to be released back into freedom in a matter of perhaps half a day, I think she will quickly drift back to her old ways. I suppose the story is going to be over in maybe two chapters? So much for the forty or so chapters originally promised. If it was one of my adventures, lots of things would soon be happening. But I suppose a Cassandra Assante story is going to be a bit dull and pointless compared to my own.

      Delete
    5. "dull and pointless" - ha! Since when has an Emma story been described by those words?

      Since the kind and gentle Lady Donna said that the test would only last 20 ahn, either she lied, or something outside of her control will happen. Since Lady Donna appears to have Cassie's best interests at heart (so far), my guess is that Victor or a male visitor will appear. He, of course, will be quite intrigued by, and attracted to, the new slave, and Lady Donna will not be able to get rid of the new slave without questions being raised.

      As the 20th ahn approaches, Cassie will become more and more frantic, and harder for Raisa to control. I doubt that Cassie will enjoy how her First Girl deals with continued disobedience.

      jonnieo

      Delete
    6. Tap Emma,
      Your adventures don’t compare to Cassandra’s, she will never save the world of Gor like you have. Samos will never offer 500 gold for an enslaved Cassie.
      But her story, of one who has the instilled spirit of a warrior, and the conflict of being a woman who has tasted submission to a man, is very interesting and worth telling.
      And we all know this Cassie story is just getting started! Priest King agents have been mentioned, Simon is still a factor but the biggest question is, can the kind and gentle Lady Donna be trusted ?

      Delete
    7. Tal,

      My professional codes demand integrity. I will release Cassie except for two circumstances. She begs to remain a slave or force majeure.

      The Kind and Gentle Lady Donna of Dover

      Delete
    8. Tal Donna,

      If Raisa should learn the true identity of the new slave, it's certain she will realise it's absolutely in her own best interests that Cassie never regains her freedom. You had best spare no effort to keep your First Girl in the dark lest she discover the secret and orchestrate some very unfortunate "twist of fate" for Cassandra.

      Delete
    9. I thought it was was odd that Raisa was allowed to read Cassie’s slave papers.

      Delete
    10. Well, she is a First Girl, and it's not unusual for First Girls to be given full details of new girls that are added to the kennel pens.

      Delete
  10. Another tale from Tracker, a teller of tales and trader of the most beautiful women.
    The Young Master
    While Aefic and Mary celebrated the arrival of a new slave, a greater celebration was taking place in a quarter in a different part of Vonda.
    A household was celebrating the arrival of a Young Master and heir, a boy baby to follow his father in their caste and to take his place among the citizens of the City. A boy baby! A Young Master! He had survived the ten days of waiting after his birth and today was his naming day. His father was proud and happy. His mother was happy, and after two girls, relieved. She had worried that if she had provided another girl, her man might take instead a new Free Companion. But no worries now, her son had survived the ten days of waiting to make sure he was hale and healthy, and today was his naming day. Her mother was also happy and relieved, a Young Master to boast about to her friends. She preened herself as if it were all her doing – after all – had she not advised on the proper herbs to ensure a healthy and male child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tale continues
      A last worry had disappeared with the arrival of a wet-nurse to suckle the babe, a high borne Free Lady could not be expected to fulfill such a duty herself, and of course, a slave nurse was out of the question. The babe might ingest slavery along with the milk. No only a free nurse would do. The nurse was likewise happy, a year in a well off household would provide her and her new borne daughter better food and clothing than could be supplied by her own Free Companion. The Free Companion was happy, the money for the hire of his woman would give him an opportunity to carry out some long cherished plans. He was now a porter at the docks by the river, unloading and loading cargo and taking it to the warehouses. But with the money paid, he should be able to save enough to purchase a Kajirus every few months and slowly put together a gang of slaves he could rent out and build up a business. He had big plans.
      The only one not entirely happy was old Marusa, the arranger. Every quarter in Vonda, indeed on Gor had two or three of these old women who made a living Arranging. Arranging Free Companionship introductions for a small fee, arranging apprenticeships for a small fee, binding the neighbourhood together with gossip and small mutual obligations. Although there had been a fee for finding the wet nurse it was small, as was the fee for contacting the caterer for the food (a task the Lady would have performed had she not been prostate following the birth. The fee for finding and making the introductions for a new Free Companion for a Master who had had only daughters would have been greater.

      Delete
  11. The tale continues as the Initiates arrive with their hands extended and purses open.
    And so the celebration commenced. The Master was so happy he did not even begrudge the fee for Three Initiates to conduct the naming ceremony. His status demanded three Initiates, so three he would have, but the Master suspected the first knowledge the Initiates learned was how to extort fees. The Young Master was named Kustius, after the younger of the two twins who had founded Vonda. Kustius the loyal who had found the stone that became the Home Stone of the city and carved the name of his older twin on it. Kustius the Strong who had put in place of the first gates of the village that would become the city. Kustius the Brave who had died fifteen years after the placing of the gates fighting off the forces of Cos, come to strangle the young city before it grew. Many boys in Vonda were named for Kustius.
    Few boys were named for Vondar the Fierce, Kustius’s twin. The founder of Vonda had been harsh and cruel, and his grandson, also Vondar had betrayed the city and led malcontents against it after he had not been elected Administrator. He had been killed and was still anathematized centuries after his death.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And this part of the tale continues.
    The Young Master was Named and wine flowed. His mother bowed before him as he would grow up to be her protector against evil, and bad forture. His sisters, dressed in their best robes were brought before the babe, the younger and thus less important first. The two year old bowed her head and the Young Master’s little right foot was place on the back of her neck in symbol of his authority over her. The two year old was already willful and looked resentful, her mother sighed as she knew she would have trouble with that one. The elder and senior and thus more important daughter was next. She was a sweet biddable child and gracefully and happily bowed her neck and smiled as the little foot of her protector was placed on her neck. The wet nurse bowed and vowed that the Young Master would always feed first, even before her own daughter, as he was male and the second Master of the Household. And the party divided, the mother, her daughter, the grandmother and their women friends to their part of the house to feast on cakes, gossip, and watered wine while the men, taking the slaves, moved to a louder, more drunken, more raucous celebration in another part of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping 'continues' means it's not yet concluded, Master? :)

      Delete
  13. Great Story Master! Very enlightening. As I have been reading the story of Cassandra, I wonder about how the daughters of free men were socialized.

    I have also been very curious how Jacinta and Marek are fairing

    elaina

    ReplyDelete