Wednesday 5 February 2020

Gods of Gor new hair preview!


A common theme running through all the Gor novels I write is a progression of looks for the main characters as they evolve through time. 

And Gods of Gor is no different in that respect! 


So then, although the book will be home to all manner of horrors and dramatic situations for Emma, possibly the most traumatic thing she will undergo is having her long hair cut...

Just imagine the tears and helpless wailing...

Or actually you don't have to imagine, here's a brief excerpt and picture by Chloe from chapter one of her new look...

Chapter One: A Farewell to Schendi 

I winced as I felt the cold steel of the shears touch the base of my neck, just below the slave collar. “You’re cutting it too short, Master!” I wailed as I felt more of my lovely long hair fall from my shoulders. I knelt on the floor as Brinn snipped away at my blonde hair, drastically cutting it ahead of our canoe expedition up the river from Schendi.

“Stop fidgeting, Emma,” said Brinn as he snipped away behind me. “Your hair grows quickly. It won’t be short for long.”

“Sit still, Emma and you can have this piece of baklava when you’re finished,” said Chloe as she knelt close by. There was indeed a piece of baklava on a folded palm leaf. It was hardly compensation for hacking my hair off though.

“But not this short! Please, Master...”

“Your hair is too long for the equatorial jungle. It will be wet and uncomfortable.” Brinn was cutting the back of my hair pretty much square with the nape of my neck, the ends brushing the bottom edge of my collar. I clenched my fingers in an anxious state, never having worn my hair so short before.

“She’ll look cute with bangs,” suggested Chloe with a mischievous sparkle in her eyes.

“No! No bangs!”

“She’s just teasing you, Emma,” said Brinn as he continued to trim and smarten the edge of my hair. “Did you make this much fuss when you had your ears pierced?”

“I was hysterical when I had my ears pierced! I ended up in the hole for days afterwards.” I didn’t like to remember that experience in Banu Hashim. I had suffered from acute claustrophobia ever since.

“And how do you feel about your pierced ears now?” asked Brinn as he snipped away some more hair.

“I love them,” I said quietly knowing where this logic was leading. “You know I do.”

“So,” said Brinn with quiet satisfaction.

“Why isn’t Chloe having a haircut? Why is it just me having a haircut?!”

“Her skin tone means she can endure the heat better than you or me.”

“I’m going to be ugly!” I wailed piteously. “You’ll grow tired of me and sell me down river for some other girl!”

“I will if you don’t stop whining,” said Brinn.

“You’re making this sound like the end of the world, Emma,” said Chloe as she lay on the floor regarding us both. “It is going to be really hot and wet in the rain forests. Even I’ll be suffering. You'll find it unbearable with long hair.”

“How short is it?” I asked Chloe. “Please be honest!” I could feel the absence of hair past my shoulder blades. Brinn was cutting my hair into a manageable bob and I was petrified. Slave girls are only too aware that men like long hair on women. Slaves with short hair were always at a disadvantage in the pens and kennels. I could feel my block price reducing with each snip of the shears.

“It kind of suits you,” said Chloe as she supported her weight on one elbow. “You have a good face for it.”

“There,” said Brinn. “You’ll be a lot more comfortable when we enter the rain forest.” He ran his fingers through my radically shortened hair and kissed me on the top of my head. “And there isn’t enough gold in Schendi for me to want to sell you, kajira.”

“You’re just saying that,” I sobbed. “As soon as you see a kajira with a long mane of blonde hair at a trading post…”

“Will she be able to do what you can do in the furs?” asked Brinn as he kissed the base of my neck which was alarmingly free from hair.

“No she won’t. No one can do what I can do in the furs.”

“Then you don’t have anything to worry about, slave girl,” said Brinn as he held a mirrored piece of glass for me to see my reflection in. I shrank back, timid, but it wasn’t as bad as I had feared. Yes, the hair was now a centre parted bob style cut, just touching the tops of my shoulders, but it didn’t make me ugly. I preferred my long hair though.

“Open,” said Brinn as he picked up the small piece of Baklava and moved it towards my lips. I opened my mouth and felt the sweet treat touch my tongue. “You may eat.” And so I did, savouring the sticky sweet pastry. I ran my fingers through the ends of my hair, feeling how light it was now.



11 comments:

  1. just a short tease.......... nice
    how will she take the heat if she is pregnant ?
    original duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pre production has started early :)
    Luckily, I don't think I have as much work as I had for Ubara, with a complete ship to build and all new costumes.
    Even so,expect me to be producing a bit less for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geralt can rise to the occasion and provide you with some encouragement from time to time ;)

      Delete
    2. Tal Mick,

      I am MORE than certain than Gerallt can rise whenever needed.

      Espec with a Tahrian Wannabee in the furs with collar, pierced ears, nose, belly and hopefully a new more intimate places too!

      Dafydd

      Delete
  3. Actually, I am quite impressed with Emma's nose ring. Chloe, please do not forget that she is to have her belly pierced when you eventually arrive back in the Sardar as all the other slaves on Brinn's estate have been. I am sure she will do a convincing belly dance.

    The Kind and Gentle Lady Donna of Dover

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tal All,

    Chloe you have made Emma look lovely.

    Buttercup has pierced ears but rarely wears earrings as she says they irritate the piercings????

    She would go nuts if I tried a steel collar (choke choke gag gag) and the septum ring or belly button piercings would send her to the same state as Emma in confined spaces.

    Still she makes up for it in other ways.

    I do like Chloe/Emma with all the 'trimmings'/piercings though.

    Purrfect!

    Dafydd o Abertawe

    PS Chloe,

    Tompkins is starting at Centre for Wales or 'School Bully' as I call him as per Michel Palin's 'Ripping Yarns' Episode 1 'Tomkinson's Schooldays'

    It is the one where Ian Ogilvy plays School Bully before Tomkins wins the 50 mile hop v St Anthony's and is appointed the new School Bully in his place.

    Yep..I am that old! (50+)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tal Emma,

    I hope you have some more posts planned while we are waiting on Gods of Gor. We wouldn't wish the kind and gentle Lady Donna to think you have been slacking. It would be back on latrine duty for you or some other equally unpleasant task :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hear hear,

    Lock her in a small dark confined space or just threaten that if the Muse needs a little encouragement to appear....

    Dafydd o Abertawe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tal All and espec Emma.....

    I am officially suffering Gor Cold Turkey symptoms as you work on other projects.

    Please publish something soon.

    I miss your work and sense of humour.

    There's baklava and ka la na as a reward.

    David of Abertawe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second the motion. We need some more Gor.

      Delete
    2. More Gor is on its way, Masters. Chloe has been settling back down from her return from Canada. I've posted an update with all the things I'm working on at the moment. :)

      Delete