Wednesday 23 August 2023

State of the Nation August 2023!

 

Hello lovely readers.

 

Apologies for my recent absence. While the long term readers know I routinely take a bit of time off now and again, the circumstances this time around were a bit different.

 

I did decide to take a few weeks off after Christmas/New Year, and as always once I stopped writing for a while it grew to about three months. Not my worst absence, but I decided then to get cracking with finishing Outcast of Gor and posting the final chapters I’d received from Tracker and Arizona Wanderer. 

 

Only… no sooner had I begun than I finally came down with Covid. Yes, I’d been spared it up to that point. The Covid itself wasn’t too bad, but I seem to have what’s commonly referred to as ‘Long Covid’ following my bout with the virus. This has left me very drained – a bit like suffering from ME, I suppose, and it very much affected my ability to get much done. I had just about enough energy to deal with the day job, but not much else. I’m still suffering from the after effects, though in recent weeks have been a bit more clear headed, hence why I’ve kick started the next book, but I confess I’m writing slower than before, when I routinely knocked off a chapter a day in-between meals. 

 

From what I’ve read, this should improve. I’m generally pretty healthy, eat well, exercise and so on. But you may see my output a little slower while the Long Covid lingers.  

 

I do seem to have a bit backlog of stuff to sort through from Chloe (loads of pictures!) and story instalments from other writers in my inbox. These have suffered from the Long Covid, but I intend to sort through everything and start posting it. The ‘brain fog’ however tires me out after a while. 

 

I’m still faster than George R R Martin though! 😊

 

I thought I’d also addresses some remarks from the recent comment threads while I was away. 

 

Blogger seems to have changed its rules relating to *cough* adult-orientated blogs, and it now requires some form of age verification to view them. I discovered this the hard way when I couldn’t even go to view my own blog! I really didn’t have the time, energy or inclination to go through whatever verification process they insist on now, so I simply switched the ‘adult’ tag off for this site. Voila – you can now go straight into this site without warnings. To be honest I was never really sure whether the adult content tag suits this site. Chloe’s pictures are no more risqué than a mid-1970’s copy of Marvel’s Savage Sword of Conan comic, or the pages of the comic, Heavy Metal, and as my writing follows the style of Mr Norman, there aren’t really explicit sex scenes. I have posted some more risqué pictures at times (mostly in respect of stories from other writers) but on the whole I think this site probably doesn’t warrant an adult content warning. John Norman’s books, after all, are commonly available without any such warnings attached, so the content has avoided ‘top shelf’ labelling. 

 

That said, these are challenging times, and it wouldn’t surprise me if one day I find someone has objected to this site and complained about it. I suppose we’ll cross that hurdle if we ever reach it. There does seem to be a growing form of cancel culture and woke puritanism that is objecting to many principles of free speech. I remember when John Norman spoke about the cancel culture (before it was known as that) that affected his Gor series in the late eighties, but I think few people considered it might grow to the extent it is now. These are uncertain times for writers and artists who believe in artistic freedom of expression.

 

We shall see.

 

-       Emma

12 comments:

  1. Tal, Emma.

    Welcome back, and thank you for clarifying the reason for your long absence. One of my offspring has had to deal with chronic fatigue syndrome for over two decades, so I'm very familiar with the symptoms associated with long covid. One thing that we've learned over the years is that it's very counter-productive to try to push through the fatigue and brain fog. Over-exertion just makes things worse, and lengthens the recovery time. So take it easy on yourself, and your patient readers will gratefully accept whatever writing pace your health allows.

    Good luck with your recovery, and let's hope that your blog doesn't suffer from a woke attack.

    And one more time, thank you for sharing your stories.

    --jonnieo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it slow and get better. The backlog will still be there for when you feel it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Emma!

    Happy to see you come back.

    I wish you a good recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Emma - glad to hear you are recovering and wish you continued and improving health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tal Emma,
    So glad you have found time and energy to resume writing and posting! We all love and cherish your work, whatever pace you set will be met with appreciation. I was always in awe at your superhuman writing speed and skill. Please don’t let anyone pressure you (including yourself) to work yourself into exhaustion.
    I have had some breaks in writing myself, but lately have made an extra effort to complete my story. My goal was to finish before you returned. Finding time is the hardest part for me, this last year has been the busiest in my life. I am probably 70% done. When you are ready, I will send chapters your way.
    Love you Emma, praying for your full recovery. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracker says: Not commenting from my account, as I am in Hospital myself for another week yet. Glad to hear your health is moderately improving.
    I hope to have the energy to read the last three chapters you posted as my health improves.1
    For Emma's info, I have posted two chapters on Storiesbytracker, not sure if you can import them.
    I do have a

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have an adult warning on storiesbytracker out of caution. As soon as I am out I have a couple more chapters ready for dispatch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get well soon Tracker! Looking forward to reading your stories.

      Delete
  8. GET WELL! Your stories are an inspiration to all of us. I did you send a sample of a story focusing on the NOMADS of GOR WORLD. I wonder if you have had a chance to review it. Any feedback would be appreciated. I play fast and loose with various aspects of the NOMADS world. I focus on DINA of TURIA AND a love child of TARL CABOT (alias Bosk). I take a different tack on the GOR world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Emma. Rest and recover at your own pace. Likewise to Tracker.
    Questionable Questing & Archive of Own might be alternative spots to host your fics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tal Emma,

    Look after yourself. Ok..
    take it easy now.

    Dafydd

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about you being unwell Emma. May I suggest that you have a read of the treatment protocols for long covid / jab damage over on FLCCC.NET - One of the founders of the FLCCC is Paul Marik who is, I believe, the most peer-reviewed intensive care doctor in the World. Along with Dr. Pierre Kory the two of them have put together a number of treatment options for those suffering. You need to do some reading. Or you can go to Rumble where they have done numerous interviews on the things that they are giving to people to help with the so-called long covid / jab damage. If you wish I can post some links here.

    The other doctor to have a listen to is Dr. Peter McCullough - the most peer-reviewed cardiologist in the world - who is recommending similiar things to take for long covid / jab damage. He has also been interviewed countless times with numerous interviews of him up on Rumble.

    Have a read of the TREATMENT PROTOCOLS section over on the FLCCC website at:

    https://covid19criticalcare.com/

    You might also want to read the spike detox guide at the World Council for Health website at:

    https://worldcouncilforhealth.org/resources/spike-protein-detox-guide/

    ReplyDelete