Friday 15 May 2020

Dunes of Gor Chapter Forty Two (the final chapter)


Chapter Forty Two: The Verr Herders

The slave girl, Sarissa, watched her master’s verr as they ambled and grazed on the tufts of coarse grass that sprang up in patches along the stony desert floor. Like her, they were clearly marked as property, though in their case the verr did not wear steel collars and ankle bells, but rather leather tags clipped into their ears, and single bells worn around their necks. The verr mingled with the verr belonging to other men of the small village and here and there other slave girls moved about, making sure their verr didn’t stray too far. This area was communal ground, fertile enough to provide grass and shrubs for the animals to feed on. Later in the year it might be necessary to graze the verr further away, and during that time a couple of men would watch over the slaves to ensure their safety. 


Like the other slaves, Sarissa was barefoot. Free women of the village would whip a slave harshly if they caught sight of her wearing sandals, not that a master would care to provide sandals anyway. The soles of Sarissa’s feet were now used to walking on the rough stones scattered about the packed earth. Soon she would be able to walk as quickly as the native girls who had been slaves for many years. As an outsider she wasn’t particularly liked by the other girls, and Sarissa had learned to fight to protect herself from the many taunts and teasing that eventually went further towards threats and scuffles. Her first fight she had lost, her second fight, too. Her third fight had been a draw as the two girls had eventually been separated by a young boy, no more than twelve years of age. He hadn’t objected to slave girls fighting, but the hissing and screaming had annoyed him after a while. He had beaten both girls with a stick for disturbing his mid-afternoon slumber.

The fourth fight, Sarissa had won. And the fifth. After that the fighting ceased. 

Like the other girls she wore a long skirt that hung to just above her ankles. Displayed on the left ankle was a set of slave bells that she couldn’t remove. They jingled with each step she took, making it clear to free men and women that she was kajira. She also wore a long sleeved blouse to protect herself from the hot sun, and a scarf for her hair. A badly sunburned slave girl was not something a man wanted to enjoy in his bed, after all.

Sarissa’s feet were dusty and the soles were toughened by the constant walking barefoot. Her once beautiful nails were ground down by constant toil during the day, and her hair, so often carefully arranged in exquisite layers, now hung loose, blowing about in the desert breeze. Despite her simpler life, she was perhaps even more beautiful than when she had been free. There was vitality to her that her life in Tor had lacked. She moved sensuously, she laughed at times, and she felt fulfilled. Although the work started at dawn and ended when the sun went down, it was not particularly gruelling. The verr mostly looked after themselves, and the chores in and around her master’s small mud brick house only took a few ahn. When there are only two rooms in a building, and few possessions, it doesn’t take long to keep things neat and tidy. 

In the evenings of course her other duties would be called upon. Each night since being brought to this remote place in the desert (and she truly did not know where this place was. She could be ten pasangs from Tor or perhaps a thousand. She had no idea) she would serve her master, and then when he retired for the night she would join him in his bed where he would use her in a fashion that she too enjoyed. The sex was often rough, demanding, with the thrill of bondage and domination to fulfil her needs. She had never known sex like it, and she now understood why slaves belonging to individual masters had often looked so content on the streets of Tor.

How right this seemed now, to Sarissa. How happy she was in the dark hours before midnight when her master sent her crawling to his cot, where he would chain her by her ankle and then put her to use. The bondage excited her, as did the total and uncompromising domination that she had to submit to. 

Occasionally she paused in whatever she was doing, and reached with her fingers to touch the steel collar locked about her throat. The touch of the steel had been horrifying to begin with, but now it seemed comforting, familiar, and a source of strange feelings she didn’t know were hers to feel. She was owned. She was a possession. And sometimes now, just sometimes, that made her feel a sense of exquisite calm. 

Was it possible she was happy and content with this life? She didn’t truly know for she still felt the strange sense of loss. There had been stories of what had happened at Al-Quada-a-Dhum since her abduction, but only vague whispers that she couldn’t confirm. Javad had refused to answer her questions and would beat her if she persisted with them. Soon she learned to stop asking. Curiosity is not becoming in a kajira. She would be beaten for it.

Her master showed little inclination to return to his life as a Sardaukar Captain. Perhaps the loss of his men had felt to him like a stain on his honour. He had been responsible for them, and yet they had died, whereas he still lived. That might break any man in time. How could he truly return to the Sardaukar as a man who had outlived his command? 

Sarissa straightened up and wiped some sweat from her brow. It was so hot out here. In Tor she would have enjoyed the shade in one of her pleasure gardens, conversing with friends while being served cool drinks by kajirae. Now her day was split between tending the verr and keeping the house clean and tidy for her master. There was water to be drawn from the village well; food to be bought, pots to be cleaned, a fire for cooking to be tended and nurtured, and all under the watchful eye of the first girl.

Later that afternoon, Sarissa returned to the mud brick house with its fenced off land. She carried the weight of two heavy sacks of water over her shoulders, stooping under the burden as the verr bleated and scrambled around her feet. The animals knew the way back home, and needed just a little encouragement with a long stick. The water burden was something she hated, but water had to be hand drawn and carried each day, and the first girl had assigned that as one of Sarissa’s chores. 

The first girl had little to do in the afternoon. She moved restlessly around the village, stopping to talk to some other first girls of other households, where multiple slaves were owned, and she handled most of the purchases from the small market place, but by and large she had little to do besides oversee Sarissa’s work. 

Sarissa had the feeling though that the first girl wasn’t truly happy.

“You took your time at the well,” said Tupa as she waited for Sarissa to return. Tupa had her hands on her hips as she regarded the lesser slave. “I could see you. You rested for a while, talking to some other girl.”

“Forgive me, mistress, “said Sarissa as she dropped the water bags with relief onto the ground and straightened up. Her back ached from the burden. “It was only a few ehn…”

“I have decided you are not to talk to other slaves at the water well while you wait in future,” said Tupa. She was bitter about something. “There is no need for you to do so. You are here to work, not gossip.”

“Yes, mistress,” said Sarissa.

“Have you cleaned the house?”

“I will do that this afternoon, mistress,” said Sarissa.

“See! You gossiped when you still have chores to do! You lazy girl!” Tupa walked up to Sarissa and tapped her switch on the girls’ thigh, through her thin rep cloth skirt. “I could beat you, you know!”

“Yes, mistress,” said Sarissa. She knelt before the first girl and lowered her head.

Tupa did not beat Sarissa. Instead she put the switch aside and paced about the front of the house, growing ever more angry and frustrated. “When my master returns tonight, I want him to choose me for use!”

“That is up to our master, I suppose,” said Sarissa without looking up. “He is master to us both.”

“I am telling you to be meek and demure!” cried Tupa. She thrust her small fists at the side of her hips. “If you know what is good for you. Do not crawl to him, begging for use, like the collared slut you are! I will whip you the next day if you do!”

“Our master will choose who he wishes,” said Sarissa, meekly.

“I hate you!” There were tears in Tupa’s eyes. “I am still white silk because of you! Not once has he put me to use, and it is because of you! Your sluttish ways! Every night I hear your cries of shameful need as I lie chained to the slave ring! Why doesn’t he choose me! It has been more than three weeks now!”

“You would have to ask our master, mistress,” said Sarissa.

“You will eat scraps and gruel tonight,” hissed Tupa. “And you will do so until you stop what you are doing!”

“What I am doing, mistress?”

“You know I can’t compete with your skill! No one in this village can do what you can do. It isn’t fair! Every night he chooses you because of it! Every night!” Tupa rushed over to her mother and pulled her hair, pulling her face up so that she could snarl into it. “I have not felt the touch of a man! And yet I am a slave! And I have to listen to you every night!”

“I will save you from that for as long as I can,” said Sarissa. “You can hate me for it, but I will spare you the shame and I will protect your white silk status while it is in my power to do so. I am your mother. It is what mothers do.”

“I don’t want to be white silk! I hate this! I have needs! Slave needs! I know that now!”

“And I will protect you from those too,” said Sarissa. “Even though you hate me for it.”

“I hate you! I do hate you! I hope my master sells you!”

“That is not likely, mistress, since he chooses me for his bed each night.”

“It is not fair! You know I can’t do what you do! I don’t have the way! I should whip you!”

“Am I commanded to whipping position, mistress?” said Sarissa.

“No. But you should be.”

“I love you,” said Sarissa, simply. “I will never stop loving you. It is what mothers do.” 

“And I hate you! I despise you! One day he will eventually tire of you; of the way you have bewitched him! One day he will grow tired of your honeyed words. And then he will turn to me. And then you will take my place at the slave ring, on the thread bare mat each night.”

“But until that day, you will not be shamed by the touch of a man. It is what I do for you, mistress.”

Tupa put Sarissa back to work, denying her a break. In fact, she told Sarissa that they would need more water. She sent her back to the well, half a pasang away, and told her to carry back a second set of leather sacks full of the precious liquid. And to ensure that Sarissa would feel the weight of that water, she tied binding fibre to the girl’s ankles with a span of maybe nine inches. Sarissa would have to walk slowly, bearing that weight for longer than before. And then Tupa would send her back for more water, perhaps. 

Sarissa collapsed twice on her way back, but eventually reached the small mud brick dwelling again, her face red from the effort, and her hair wet with sweat under the simple shawl she wore.

“Will you be demure and meek tonight when my master chooses a slave for his cot?” asked Tupa.

“Our master will choose who he wishes,” she replied.

“I hate you!” sobbed Tupa. She picked up the switch again but couldn’t bring herself to whip her mother. “We need more water. Go, slave! Bring more water!” She watched as Sarissa hobbled away in her ankle thongs with another two empty leather sacks. 

Later that afternoon, Tupa tied Sarissa to a slave ring fixed to the outside wall of their dwelling. She took the girls wrists and tied them with a length of binding fibre to her bound ankles and then tied those restraints to the iron ring. “Now you can’t run to my master and beg his use when he returns,” she said. “You can simply lie there in the sand like the low slave you are.”

“I love you,” said Sarissa. “I will always love you, for you are my child.”

“If you loved me, you wouldn’t take my master from me!” sobbed Tupa. “I don’t know how to compete with what you do! I will whip you in the morning if you steal my master again tonight!”  

“You say that each night, daughter, and yet you never do whip me.”

“Call me mistress! I am first girl! You will obey me! I WILL whip you tomorrow! I will!”

“And I shall submit to your whip, mistress. And I will still love you forever.”

It was early in the evening when Javad Mohsen rode back to his home, mounted on his kaiila. He no longer looked like a man of war, but rather wore the simple clothes of a Bedouin who owned a small holding of verr. Tupa, his white silk slave girl ran out to greet him, dropping to the sand in front of him as he dismounted, kissing and licking his feet and welcoming him back. 

“Such an eager kajira,” said Javad with a laugh as he loosened his face scarf. “Have you been oiling for use during my absence?”

“Take me tonight, Master! Please!” She pressed her cheek to the side of his leg. “I beg slave rape! Please! Take Tupa! Please!”

“Maybe it is time,” said Javad with a lingering glance towards the shapely bundle of tied limbs that lay in the stones and sand close beside his home. There was some squirming there as the other slave struggled in her bonds. “I have neglected you longer than I had intended. You beg slave rape?”

“Yes! Please, Master, please!”

“Very well, then it shall be tonight you become red silk.”

For a moment Javad was unable to walk to his house, so frantic were the kisses and emotional pleas from Tupa as she knelt before him in the sand. When the girl seemed to grow ever more hysterical with gratitude, Javad was forced to cuff her away. “Control yourself, kajira. Untie Sarissa, prepare my meal and see that it is served in an ahn. Then we shall see what we shall see.”

Later that night, Tupa kept Sarissa away from her master. “Remember the whip, girl?” she hissed, ordering Sarissa to tend to the cooking pot and not look at her master. “If I catch you looking at him… just one gaze… I will do such things to you tomorrow when he is gone. You will be carrying sacks of water all day! Do not test me in this!” she hissed. Javad smiled as he saw his kajirae hissing like that. He knew what they were fighting about, and it amused him, as it did most men. Such slaves, he thought to himself, but Tupa had a point. He had not used her yet, and it had been many weeks. He gazed with discrete longing at Sarissa once more, but acknowledged that he had spent perhaps too much time with that girl. And yet, she could do what no other slave he had ever met could do…

The night wore on, and Javad spoke with his slaves, as men do, for they find their beasts of intellectual interest as well as sexual. The small room was illuminated by just a couple of cheap wax candles as the girls lay on mats beside his feet. He touched each one in turn and marvelled at how good his simple life now was. In time he might grow tired of this peasant life, and return to the ways of the sword and lance, but for now he had the open plains of the desert and the pleasures of his women, both of whom wore his collar. I am very lucky, he thought to himself.

But then the hour grew late and Javad rose to his feet. Both slaves looked up at him from the floor, their fingers clutching their mats in need, knowing that he would choose one of them to share his cot, while the other would be chained on the reed and mat floor. 

“Master, Tupa is ready to serve you tonight,” she said quickly, glancing at her mother and warning her away with an angry glare. “Let Tupa please you! Tupa begs use, Master!”

“It is time, I think,” said Javad, but he couldn’t help but glance at Sarissa again. And as he did, the girl rose slightly on the weight of the palms of her hands and she spoke softly in the glow of the candle light. “Master wishes to hear the end of my story from last night, does he not? The Ubara who found herself trapped in the pleasure harem of her most hated courtier, when she masqueraded as a bathing slave to spy on his meetings? Locked in the chamber of the pleasure baths, when the key she had carried had been lost in the unsightly scuffle? What shameful things could happen to her now, Master? What indeed? It is a shame that I will not be able to tell and act out that story in your arms tonight, and that maybe tomorrow night it will be forgotten… but it is just a story, I suppose, and you have heard so many stories these past weeks…”

“You will share my cot tonight, Sarissa,” said Javad, already excited and aroused by the possibilities of what Sarissa might do to act out the intimate moments of the next part of her story. She had done this every night since being abducted, telling an erotic story that never quite seemed to end, and so Javad had to summon her to his bed again the following night, to hear the end, only for that story to flow seamlessly it seemed into another erotic tale that never quite seemed to end, and had to be continued the following night.

“No!” hissed Tupa as she glared at her mother. “No!”

“Be quiet slave!” snapped Javad. “Or I shall send you to bring me my whip. I decide who I use tonight.” 

Later, with the candle extinguished, Tupa lay miserably chained to an iron ring, lying on a threadbare mat, on some dry reeds, while her mother narrated and acted out her latest story with her hands and mouth. In the darkness she heard deep sighs of pleasure from Javad, mingled with the sensuous descriptions that framed Sarissa’s every motion. 

“How long do these stories go on?” gasped Javad as he was close to coming.

“Who knows,” said Sarissa, softly, in the darkness. “Another night? Ten nights? A thousand and one nights? Think only of tonight and the things I can do for your pleasure, Master, and of the innocent, naive Ubara, now so helpless in the pleasure silks she is forced to wear…”

“My kajira…” gasped Javad as he came hard, for the second time that night. A few ehn went by before he was capable of speaking again. He held Sarissa tightly and felt her kiss him some more. 

“I was in the market today,” he said after a while. “I heard the name of a slave girl in passing, that I thought sounded lovely, but more so, it reminded me a little of the name of your great House when you were a free woman. It has a similar intonation.”

“Oh?” said Sarissa softly as she moved her mouth down to lick and kiss his now flaccid member.  

“I liked the name, the way it sounded. I have decided to give it to you. It will remind me of the fall of the House of Shahzad each time I call you by it.”

“And what is my new name now, Master, if I may be permitted curiosity for once?”

“Scheherazade. Your name is now Scheherazade.”

45 comments:

  1. Tal all,

    Poor Tupa, denied a night of pleasure by the scheming or perhaps far more worldly Scheherazade.

    Anyway many thanks to Emma for such a long series of the misadventures of the former Shahzad clan. The twists and turns have been excellent.

    I see from the number of comments that have been posted each day that this series has proved most popular.

    Thanks to Chloe for the drawings that she has produced as well.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tal Emma,

    Poor Tupa if three weeks has her
    frustrated like this then the next few years will see her climbing the walls in frustration.

    Really enjoyed this story (I enioy alm your works as you know) and how we here from Serafina's silly exploits with Jaleesa in Tor I shall never know....

    Dafydd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tal to everyone,

    What a great tale, all beginning with an ill fated adventure. For the loss of a key!

    Thanks to you, Emma and Chloe. I spent many hours enjoying this all.

    Elaina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For loss of a key, freedom was lost,

      For loss of freedom, a daughter was lost

      For loss of a daughter, a mother was lost

      For the loss of a mother, a niece was lost

      For the loss of a niece the Landsrad was lost

      For loss of the Landsrad the high born were enslaved

      With the high born enslaved Ghadir could finally LIVE....

      Enjoy your new life Ghagir the possibilities are endless....almost as endless as Sarrissa's tales.....

      Dafydd


      PS Emma.....what will you post next and when....cheeky I know but looking foward to your next project as ever Xxxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the embellishment Sir. I had heard that song in my head as I finished my post.

      Elaina

      Delete
    3. Elaina,

      Would you be interested in role playing our characters, Mikos, the slave trader and the enhanced barbarian Kurii agent, now Kajira, apart from here? It could be interesting to see what our collaborative efforts might produce in the way of a spontaneous tale.

      Delete
    4. Sir Mick,
      I would be interested in learning more... what system are you using, etc, expectations, playing in real time. I have read some on the adventures Emma has done on Tavern Keeper, it looks interesting.

      Elaina

      Delete
    5. Honestly Elaina, I don't know a lot about it and am interested in learning more. I have also read part of the ongoing campaign on Tales of Gor(Tavern Keeper). I don't know the rules but hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to pick up. They probably could use a few more players.

      Years ago when I was a computer operator, we had an online text based adventure game on the company's proprietary network ( not Internet). That is probably the simplest way of getting started. A few people can decide some rules, and use email or some messaging app. A common device used is to present the players with a straightforward decision at various points along the way. Depending on the choice made, the story takes a different turn and the players follow accordingly. So, rather like reality, eh? Playing in real time is trickier; one almost has to make schedules which can be difficult for people who are in different time zones with other things to do.

      As for expectations, I would like the experience to be enjoyable for everyone, to the extent the play is under my control. That would need to be discussed some beforehand.

      So, that's the first step I think, deciding which avenue to take.

      Delete
    6. I see a few of you are talking about Gor roleplay…

      I took over the Tavern Keeper game (now re-named as Warlords of Gor) as storyteller/GM midway through chapter eight (to tie up loose ends from the previous GM) but properly from chapter nine onwards. It’s a good platform to conduct Gorean roleplay, with or without a rules system. I use the ‘Tales of Gor’ rules set (that you can buy on Amazon or elsewhere) because it is written specifically for Gor, and I like the mechanics of it (and I have a new adventure module coming out for it very shortly! Plug, plug!), but you could run the roleplay without any rules at all which is basically what people in the Gor online chat rooms do.

      If you want to roleplay in ‘real time’ then the various online chat rooms are a good place to do so, as they are already set up for all the different areas of Gor. You can find the best set of rooms here:

      http://www.portalofdreams.com/whochat/

      You basically choose the area of Gor you want to roleplay in, create a character name for yourself (after registering) and chat in the style of your character with other players in real time. I should really write an article about his sort of thing sometime. By the way, the woman (Aliyyah) who runs the Tharna room is wonderful, and I used to RP in her rooms many years ago. She’s great for beginners to online Gor chat RP and very friendly. Tell her I say ‘Tal’ if you meet her (I used to Roleplay Elenor Saffini). Aliyyah is lovely.

      My Tales of Gor game includes a current story thread based around a Panther Girl character (amongst other characters), and she is roleplayed by the writer who wrote the Adira short story on this blog (RPing the character from the story, in fact). She roleplays an ex-slave, now a Panther Girl exceptionally well, and is a pleasure to GM/story tell for. I mention this in passing because my next novel might be a Panther Girl narrative one, so if you want a taste of what it might feel like, you can see the Panther Girl roleplay (so far) here:

      https://www.tavern-keeper.com/roleplay/11323

      followed then by:

      https://www.tavern-keeper.com/roleplay/11357

      My pieces of writing are the ones labelled ‘Game Master’.

      I should add that Brinn appears in this story thread… :)

      Delete
    7. Link to the rulebook for tales of Gor:

      https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Gor-Roleplaying-James-Desborough/dp/0244005540

      And the Gor sourcebook (which is great even if you don't want to RP Gor, as it is an A to Z reference guide to Gor without any game mechanics):

      https://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Gor-Encyclopaedia-James-Desborough/dp/0244305544/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=World+of+Gor%3A+Gorean+Encyclopaedia+Paperback&qid=1589576298&s=books&sr=1-1

      Delete
    8. Tal Mick,

      If you want to drop me an email, we could set up a call or something to talk over what you have in mind. elainagirl59 at yahoo dot com

      Delete
  4. Tal Emma,

    Thanks to you and Chloe for another lovely tale that kept me guessing the plot turns and twists to the end. Dunes had just the right mix of action, intrigue and lots of sexy fun and erotic bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes Emma, regarding Meriame, I offered to let Dafydd have her if he would allow me first choice on the next slave girl we might find ourselves in competition over. I leave it to him to let you know his answer and the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tal Mick,

      I am pretty certain the fair answer is Yes to such a proposal....

      As it is Friday,let us drink paga together once you have found another former high lady of the Laandsrad to your bed....

      As a courtesy you may use 'Miriam' before I do.

      Nice chaste sounding Biblical name for a kajira who was once noble and free but is now a collared, belled, pierced, branded little slut.

      If she fails to oil properly or be totally pleasing feel free to whip her as you see fit....just draw no blood, leave no scars or broken bones.


      Dafydd

      Delete
    2. Mikos says: "Dafydd I can now definitely say Meriame is as much a natural slave as any of them. She was such a little hypocrite to her friend Laleh too, considering her own slutty responses."

      Later, Mikos was a bit surprised, but not much, upon seeing Najina secured in one of many slave coffles in the Oasis of the Twenty Three Palms that day. Her long hair had been hacked off unevenly and she looked very distressed. Who could have done such a thing to the poor girl?

      Delete
  6. A Gorean male forgoes the use of one of his kajira, a young, voluptuous kajira at that, simply to hear a story. This must be a tale from alternate Gor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but if it is erotic storytelling and Reyhan can ooh and aaah through the night then Javad would go for the experienced woman.

      On Urth whilst a taking a woman's virginity is a thrill her lack of experience is a problem and teaching her takes time.

      Reyshan also showed her slave belly with Daan, here in this story and years earlier in her marriage.

      Though Tupa would be a tighter fit.....use both at the same time

      Dafydd

      Delete
    2. Tal Dafydd,

      How much is Scheherazade satisfying her own urges and how much is she trying to protect her daughter?

      Donna

      Delete
    3. Tal Donna,

      Yes I think Scheherazade is 'claiming' to protect Tupa.

      I suspect Tupa had inherited her mother's slave belly.

      Dafydd

      Delete
    4. An erotic story equivalent to an erotic act? Maybe on your planet or on alternate Gor but not on real Gor. And, there's only one way to gain experience and it isn't by talking about it.

      Delete
    5. Alternate Gor? Hardly, Master. As well as being a prolific ‘pulp’ writer I am also rather experienced in analysing the themes and narrative structure of writers that I imitate with my pastiches. A great deal of study of Norman’s writing style and thematic content precedes me even typing a single word of my books, not only to know what to include, but in certain cases, what to exclude (his philosophical verbiage, for example).

      The ending of Dunes of Gor echoes the endings to many of the non-Tarl Cabot books, where masters become infatuated to an intense degree with the slave girls who drive the story line forward, to the point where no other girl matters to them, or indeed, can satisfy them. I can actually cite an example quite easily, because totally unrelated to my story, I finished the last few chapters of Mariners of Gor this afternoon as I had an afternoon off work to sunbathe in my garden. The last few chapters sees the two male narrators of the book lose themselves in love to the slave girls they have previously tried to fool themselves into thinking they care little about. In Norman’s writing there is usually a pattern where initially the male character struggles to reassure himself that he has no interest in the slave girl in question, that simultaneously the reader recognises the character loves. Narrative plot devices then serve to separate them for a time, often due to stupidity and stubbornness and pride on the part of the male character, who then goes on a downward spiral of despair, regretting the loss of his love slave. When they are eventually reunited, through some plot contrivance, the male character becomes obsessed with his love slave to the exclusion of all other slaves, often to the bemusement of other Gorean males. In Mariners of Gor this happens between Callias and Alcinoe, much to the amusement and bafflement of the narrative scribe, Calisthenes, who then goes on to suffer the same fate when he seems to lose the paga tavern slave he secretly longs for, called Helen. When he then is reunited with her, too, he acts in manner that suggests no other slave could come between them at that point. It is a very common theme in the Gor novels, and you can trace it back to Rask of Treve acting out of character towards the end of Captive of Gor when he recognises that his life means little without the lovely El-in-or in his chains, and he breaks his cardinal rule of never paying for a slave girl (though he abducts her first, with Tarl’s implicit help, and then pays for her). You also see it at the end of Slave Girl of Gor when the male character goes to extreme lengths to obtain Judy Thornton, because he becomes obsessed with her.

      Javad’s single minded obsession with the lovely Reyhan, mimics how Norman ends many of his books.

      It was a very deliberate ending on my part, and was driven by Norman’s own resolutions along similar themes. :)

      Delete
    6. I should also emphasise that Reyhan’s erotic stories were acted out in the bed of the Javad’s room. She wasn’t just telling the story, she was incorporating sex with her master into the story to illustrate what she was describing. That was what Javad found so exciting.

      Delete
  7. I would like to see how Jaleesa gets out of her collar predicament
    Perhaps Ghadir could secretly give the key with the condition that she helps/finances promotes him. He still has the slave papers for security. I do not see how it is possible for her to continue the charade. To see her ruined is no advantage. ORIGINAL DUCK

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am interested to hear further tales of Jaleesa.
    Two years on, this dusty Bedouin looking character, who holds himself with the look of a trained warrior, comes with news of Jaleesa's long lost sister and mother. The character will take Jaleesa to them, he is able to supply the details no one would know.
    Of course after Jaleesa agrees to go, she will need to dress in a slave Haiku, then be naked under the Haiku... Ohh probably have to wear slave bells... Wink, wink!

    Elaina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaina is looking for a new chain sister I think.


      Dafydd

      Delete
    2. Oh my Elaina, didn't we already enslave enough former high born ladies to satisfy you...wink. I also think Aleah's newly found dominatrix interests have potential as the basis of future misadventures for her.

      Delete
    3. Oh dear Emma,

      Mariners of Gor? you had better concentrate on the Chloe pov and then sort out Kiera and lady Marissa before that.

      Donna

      Delete
    4. Tal,

      I wasn't as much "trolling" for more slaves as reflecting on the "wonder if the family will ever get back together?" speculation we had earlier in the story. Then on top of that I felt it was fun to toss in a repeat of Reyhan's negotiation with Javad. I thought that entry was great, each time Javad added a condition, I literally stamped my foot, and muttered "no this is intolerable!"
      At the end of the chapter I was sure Javad was just being a devious cad seeking to enslave Reyhan. But after the parlay and tea with Hassan, I was left with a strong feeling that Javad was not taking advantage, and he knew how deep a disguise would be necessary, that he was honorable.
      So maybe this mysterious Bedouin also knows what is required. Would Jaleesa ever try to imitate a slave again?

      Elaina

      Delete
    5. Tal Elaine,

      No Jaleesa would not do that now. She is Head of her House and can drink as much ka-la-na as she wants!

      Dafydd

      Delete
    6. I misunderstood where you were heading with your comment, Elaina. I get it now. I believe Jaleesa's first act as Khudara would be to even the score with Najina. Yes, of course, Jaleesa would like to know the whereabouts of her Mother and sister. I could only speculate what risks she might be willing to take.

      Delete
  9. Emma you now need to post on Facebook. Perhaps broken into 4 installments like chapters 1 to 10, 11 to 20, etc. The wonderful pictures done by Chloe would really showcase her skills to a larger audience to say nothing about your skill as a writer. ORIGINAL DUCK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tal Emma,

    What is your next planned project dateline please?

    You spoiled us rotten with daily 'Dunes of Gor' and just wondering what is next and when?

    Dafydd

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tal Dafydd,

    After a daily serial ends, we really get restless, don't we? I'm expecting the next installment of First Girl of Gor. I assume all the writing is complete, but there remains some of the art to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thought so too.

      Reread Part 2 of First Girl yesterday for the umpteenth time. I really like the Chloe POV stories....but she puts Gerallt in there so I am biased....

      Dafydd

      Delete
  12. Tal Chloe....

    How is the art work for Part 3 of your own saga going?

    Achos....Because....

    Rydw i eisiau'r y stori nesaf yn y llyfr 'Gyntaf Ferch Gor'

    And until we see it, I hope Bryn bans you from Gerallt's couch until your drawing chores are complete.

    He should now be allowed any 2 other kajirae each night whilst you dawdle on this key task.

    I suggest he picks 2 Taharians everytime .......

    Right that should get you motivated eh?

    Xxxx

    Dafydd o y Cymoedd

    PS Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Btw the Welsh means...

    I want the next part of the story in the book 'First Girl of Gor'


    Nos da pawb....

    Good night everyone...

    Amser cysgu nawr...

    Time for bed now...

    Siarad yn y fori...

    Speak tomorrow


    Dafydd o y Cymoedd

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Tal Sir Mick,
      Still here....
      Elaina

      Delete
    2. Tal Elaina,

      Seems we have a longer pause in the action. Hopefully the next episode of Chloe's tale is on the way.

      Delete
    3. Tal All,

      I understand she is having a break after doing daily chapters for over a month.

      Like you all I miss her work very much and make do by using Buttercup as often as possible.

      Actually I give her a new name every time I use her. I go for as common and chavvie as possible so ....

      Kelsey, Keelie, Chardonnay, Kelly, Chloe, Amber, Brandi, Tupa, Tepa, Zoey, Mercedes, Versace, Saffron, Cinnamon, Primrose, Snowdrop, Daisee, etc


      Plus she has to pick a Welsh surname to match my choice of Christian name as badly as possible....

      Davies, Jones, Thomas, Edwards, Wiiliams, Evans...

      Some sound truly awful .....and utterly common and slutty.

      Buttercup is intelligent and therefore rather good at the mismatch kajira name game.

      Dafydd

      Delete
    4. Yes, just the usual break after a long novel. :) I'm probably going to start serialising the Rachel story next. Just chatting to Chloe about scheduling. :)

      Delete
  15. Well Emma....

    Whatever you 2 decide we, the readers, will love it.....as usual

    BTW the Lidl St Emilion Geand Cru ka la na is again set for my dinner table for tomorrow and Sunday.

    Just need 2 M and S Dine for £12 meals to pick up this afternoon.

    Xxx

    Dafydd

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tal Emma and Dafydd,

    I expect the Rachel tale will be another one to generate a lot of interest here. The theme of the Kurii expansion to Earth is a logical extrapolation of the Game of Worlds JN seemed to avoid for whatever reason. I'm pleased we have the opportunity to explore it here. Rachel obviously is a favourite character for many of us as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rachel story is probably going to be a chapter per week to give Chloe time to design a chapter pic for each one. She has less time on her hands at the moment so I don't want to overload her.

      Delete
    2. Sounds good. I'm definitely wondering how Rachel escaped the clutches of the nefarious Udumi.

      Delete