Sunday 9 August 2020

Update!

 

So, apologies for the break in writing. A few words of explanation for my faithful readers:

 

The next chapter was running a few days late due to being busy all of a sudden, but luckily Chloe had sent me some art of the ‘Sleen’ character, and as he makes his appearance in the next chapter I was going to be able to use that for chapter 6 even though Chloe hadn’t seen the chapter and couldn’t do any bespoke art until she did.

 

I then went onto Blogger to let everyone know that, only to find I couldn’t get onto my account – I was getting error messages. It was happening on all my devices. I think it was because I have a direct link in my ‘favourites’ and Blogger must have made some sort of change so that the direct link didn’t work anymore. I assumed it was a temporary blip, but after a couple of days realised it wasn’t. Eventually worked that out and accessed the account page through my google profile, though I didn’t at first know where to look or even remember my sign on details (which I have stored on my computer for auto sign on – lesson learnt there – don’t rely on auto sign on).

 

So then I posted the last technical issue post and was all set to pick up where I left off, only then I got an application for a new player to join my Tales of Gor RPG, so I spent some time working on establishing a background for him to join, based on the details he sent me, which took longer than I expected, and turned out to be a complete waste of time because he was someone who didn’t want any input from me whatsoever and he left the game a few days later, after sending me a most bizarre ‘ultimatum’ by private e-mail demanding I didn’t interfere with his roleplaying! 

 

No sooner did that happen then I got a paying commission through for writing the next Tales of Gor adventure module, so I did what I always do, and brainstormed the plot elements and wrote out the 2,000 word synopsis for approval, because I like to respond quickly – being reliable and quick like that helps me get more commissions. 

 

And now it’s the weekend and a stifling heat wave that meant I haven’t slept these last two nights! (yawn). I’m soooo tired…


And just to add to the upset, I see the Blogger control screen has a new look format now that I have to get used to... I wish they wouldn't do that. 

 

So all in all, it’s been a series of things which sort of broke my stride these last couple of weeks. 

 

Hopefully I should be able to get things rolling again in the next day or two.

 

Thank you all for your patience while you’ve been checking in. :)

18 comments:

  1. I am sorry about the heat wave,,, but they have this marvelous invention called "air conditioning" You don't need to cool your whole house just the room/s you sleep in and or write in. Just get a "window shaker" that installs in your window 5 or 6,000 BTU would work for you. I don't know what they cost in Britain but I got an LG unit for about $200 US. It has averY high ENERGY RATING and costs about ( according to the install unit directions) less then $100 a year to run. I do have a central system for my house, but I also have a 6,000 BTU for my kitchen as I do not have to air the whole house all the time. here in Florida no air conditioning makes life miserable.
    You could possibly write off on your taxes as a legitimate business expense for writing you get paid for.
    ORIGINAL DUCK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually looked into getting a machine this morning, but they're all 'will deliver in 7 days or so' wherever I looked, by which time (English weather being what it is), things will be back to normal. Even Amazon can't deliver tomorrow as they would with a book or a DVD. I DO however own a dehumidifier which apparently makes a room fee cooler because it draws the sticky humid water content from the air, so I'm going to carry that upstairs into my bedroom and have it running for 5 hours or so before going to bed. I'm hoping it will make a difference.

      Delete
  2. Emma,

    Thanks for the update, as for air-conditioning with the Met Office threatening thunderstorms soon and that we are getting close to September it will all cool down anyway.

    Anyway I always switched off the air-conditioning units when I worked abroad as they were so noisy, I could not sleep. Red wine helps.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A third night in a row with hardly any sleep. Feel like a zombie this morning... AND I have to go to work. I don't cope well with hot humid nights. Looks like the temperature is remaining the same all week. I may die soon... *sob*

      Delete
    2. I think tonight it is time for baklava and maybe some ka la na...that will cheer you up I am sure.

      It has been very hot. I hope the weather improves for you soon.

      Gyms finally open today here in Wales .....about time too.....off there this afternoon

      Dafydd

      Delete
    3. Shwmae Dafydd,

      Are the pubs still closed in Cymru?

      Delete
    4. Y dafarnau yw agor

      The pubs are open. ....

      But no standing up indoors you must sit at a table with your original group that entered and cannot move chairs or tables around....souless really. ..

      Dafydd

      Delete
  3. Emma,

    Congratulations on your success with the next Tales of Gor adventure module! If I ever join the Tales of Gor RPG, you won't have to work hard on a background since you are already well acquainted with Mikos ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mikos would be very welcome :)

      Delete
    2. Hey if you can't cope with the hot and humid nights is it early onset menopause?

      Sorry, could not resist that one Emma......

      Delete
  4. The LG units are very quite. But you should look into a 48" or 52" reversible ceiling fan. In hot weather set it to blow down, in cold weather blow up. This way you move the warm air in cold weather to distribute it evenly . should be a 4 or 5 blade fan.Here in south Florida use of a good fan lots of times eliminates having to turn on the air. ORIGINAL DUCK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tal Emma,

    Hope you are sleeping better as it is less hot at night.

    Pouring down here in South Wales. There will be flash flooding again for some poor souls in the Rhondda and Pontypridd again I bet.

    Gyms back open and but no saunas or steamrooms yet :-(

    So training PM today and then M and S food hall.

    Better find some nice treats for Buttercup....and even some white ka la na as she has been a very good First Girl this week.

    Any further news re: next chapter?

    Dafydd o y Cymoedd

    ReplyDelete
  6. tal Emma. I hope you're well. I miss you an your histories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it appears things have ground to a total halt here.

    Hopefully Emma will return at some stage but we should not hold our breath.

    Farewell for the time being Emma dear.

    It would be ashame if we dont hear from you for several months again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JUST CHECKING IF YOU ARE OK ? Long time between posts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all is well with you. Strange not to have heard from you in such a long time. It would be great if you just let us know that you are fine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still looking from time to time for a sign of life. We are not entitled to your writing, but a short message would be polite. If you can not enter your blogspot account you still could leave one in the comment section. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sincere apologies. I hadn't checked the comments for a couple of weeks, so hadn't meant to ignore your kind comments checking I was still around. Like you, I hate it when a blog author doesn't reply or say anything for months after people ask whether their blog is still alive or not. So, sorry, once again. :)

      Delete