Monday 17 January 2022

Secrets of Gor Chapter Six

 


“I was beginning to think I’d never see you again, Flower of the Assante,” said Donna as she poured me a glass of hot Bazi tea. “When you left my house two months ago, you were not happy with me.”

 

I sat in Donna’s dining room again, the one that led out into the small courtyard where her beautiful children played. To the side of the room, watching me was my chaperone, Evona. My frustration with the restrictions on my life had reached breaking point, and furthermore I was concerned that I was experiencing sexual desires that had never bothered me in the past. These needs had led me to invite and welcome Simon’s intimate touch, even though we were arguing frequently, but I began to fear that the indifferent sexual coupling was making my situation worse.

 

When I was a young girl I had, for a while, a skin rash on my lower legs, caused I think by the stress of having to live up to the impossible standards set by my strict mother. The rash would come and go, becoming very itchy, especially at night as I tried to sleep. I would find that scratching at the itch would soothe the immediate discomfort, but as soon as I stopped scratching, the itching would feel worse than before. And that is how I now felt with my rising sexual desires. I would find a light relief as Simon placed me on my back, lifted the hem of my nightgown, and entered me, but the coupling ultimately failed to satisfy me, and when it was over, with no climax on my part, my sexual frustration grew, repeating the cycle again a few nights later. If I kept myself busy I could forget how I was feeling, but then at times I would see strong, powerful men, and I would feel a burning between my legs, and a craving for what I had felt in that barn loft, and in that paga tavern, but which I did not feel in the safety of my own bed. 

 

“I’m sorry if I gave that impression, Donna.” 

 

Worse still, yesterday I had watched a girl wagon entering the city. It was a flatbed wagon of the sort commonly employed by slavers. A central bar ran along the floor and to it, seated either side with their feet extended towards the bar, girls were chained by their ankles. There were eight of them, naked, recent captures by the look of them from a border conflict with one of our neighbouring cities, Lara, for we are often fighting one city or another. What struck me most was one of the dark haired girls who gazed fearfully at this strange city that might now be her home. She was similar in size and appearance to me, that I imagined for a moment that it was I who was being brought into a city as a prize. No one would have mistaken us, but the similarities were close enough that she sparked my imagination. For a moment, as the wagon trundled by, our eyes met and she seemed surprised at something in my gaze. And then the cart moved on. The girls would be branded, processed and ultimately sold. 

 

“Perhaps you’ve been busy? Too busy to call on an old friend? Or perhaps things have improved recently between you and Simon? I hear you are sharing the delights of companionship at last. Congratulations.”

 

“Where did you hear that? From Simon?”

 

“No.” Donna sat back on her own cushion. “I assure you, little flower, I don’t discuss your sex life with Simon. Or any man for that matter. Well, perhaps Victor.”

 

“Is Victor here today?” I glanced about the room. I hadn’t seen him in a while. 

 

“No. He is working. He has some research in a field outside of Vonda. He will be back in a few days. I know he will regret missing your visit. He likes you. I see you have brought a friend.” Donna indicated the presence of Evona who smiled back at her.

 

“The fact she is still breathing is an oversight on my part,” I remarked. “She watches me like a trained tarn and is paid to do so.” I saw no point in pretending otherwise.

 

“I see. Why do you need a chaperone?”

 

“Simon believes it is for my own good. With my brother missing somewhere on the black coast, and with my parents engaged in the Argentum Corcyrus border war, I have no one to turn to who might rid me of this inconvenience. I’d kill her myself, but I no longer have my knife. I don’t suppose you could lend me one?”

 

Donna shook her head. “It’s a new rug. I wouldn’t want blood stains on it. Besides which, murder is illegal in this city.”

 

“That’s never stopped my family before.” I sighed. “I was hoping you could talk to Simon for me.”

 

“Certainly. But I’m unlikely to run into him. We move in different circles, little Flower.”

 

“Tell him to stop, this, please, Donna. He sulks because he believes I secretly want to submit myself to some dominant man who will keep me as his slave. Simon has to learn to trust me.”

 

“I am sure he will, given time. Why do you think I have some influence over him? Because, I don’t. I only know him through you.”

 

“My situation is intolerable. I have no privacy. He controls my life, for fear I will engage in behaviour unsuitable for my status.”

 

“Men do that when they enter into Free Companionship. With Victor and I things are different. We have a mutual respect for one another and we work as a team. Simon has developed a more traditional approach to your relationship. And he has every legal right to. You became his woman, his property, when you became his Free Companion for a year. When the year is up, you will be free of him, if that is what you want.”

 

“And until then I’m being treated like a child!”

 

“I can sense your frustration, little Flower. I’m not sure what I can do to help you, though. He is your companion, and that gives him rights over you.”

 

“Can you convince him that I don’t have repressed slave feelings? Then he might stop all of this.”

 

“I’m not sure I’m convinced of that myself. We’ve both seen what is recorded in your slave papers. Do you want me to remind you of what was written there?”






“I wish you’d stop referring to them as my slave papers. I’m not a slave.” 

 

“Not in Vonda, true, but in another city the papers would be legal and binding. And have you considered that even in Vonda the papers would have to be contested?”

“What?”

 

“Cassandra, the first recourse of a magistrate seeing those papers would be to have you rendered into bondage. The papers are genuine after all. You would claim that the enslavement was illegal under Vondan law, and from what I know, the circumstances were illegal, but here is the problem you would face. The magistrate would have to enslave you, according to the papers, once he saw them. An appeal would then have to be brought to the court, with a lawyer claiming that the papers are not valid. But a slave cannot bring forward a legal case. You do understand that?”

 

“I’m not a slave!”

 

“Upon presentation of the papers to a court of law in Vonda, you automatically would be, until a successful appeal, or legal challenge declares the papers null and void. But a slave cannot bring forward a legal case to then appeal.”

 

“But that would mean I would remain a slave!”

 

“It is an awkward legal situation. You would have to be a Free Woman to contest the court order, and yet the court order you would be contesting would make you a slave instantly, and therefore you could not then launch an appeal.”


“Where are the papers?”

 

“Safe.”

“Donna, you have to destroy them. Give them to me!”

 

“I can’t do that, Cassandra, they don’t belong to me. Mikos isn’t a fool. When he loaned them to me, for the purpose of speaking with you, he had the loan certified in the Cylinder of Justice. A record has been made and I signed to take responsibility of them. Were I not to return the papers to Mikos, legal sanctions could be taken against me in due course. But, relax, I’m not going to show the papers to anyone, other than you.”

 

“What if Mikos does?”

 

“He could have done so originally, but he is an honourable man. I think it simply amuses him to know that, although you continue to live your life as normal, he does in fact own you. You are his property, and he could, if he wished, claim you at any time. Do you want to be his slave?”

 

“No!” Why did she keep asking me that? It was becoming quite insufferable! 

 

“Because it would be easy enough for you to present yourself to him.”

 

“Will he sell the papers to me? I’ll buy them. I can make him a rich man.”

 

“Legally you can’t do that, Cassandra. A slave cannot own property, and she cannot legally buy anything. You therefore cannot buy your slave papers. Any such transaction would be null and void in law.”

 

“So what? Once I had the papers I would burn them, then no one could prove I couldn’t buy them.”

 

Donna sighed and poured some more Bazi tea. “You do know there are always a minimum of three sets of slave papers? I temporarily hold Mikos’s copy, but a second copy is of course held by the slaver house that enslaved you, and a third copy is filed with the cylinder of justice. Yes, Mikos could give you his copy, but the transaction would have to be recorded in the cylinder of justice, otherwise as far as the courts are concerned, the sale of the slave Cassie never took place. Mikos would still legally own you, despite you paying him a large sum of money to receive his copy of the papers.”




 

“Then get him to record the transfer of sale to me.”

“And again, the problem here is you cannot buy yourself, for you are a slave.”

 

“I’m not a slave! Stop saying I am!”

 

“Legally a slave, Cassandra. You are, legally. If the sale was recorded, and you now owned Cassie, Mikos would only have to then point out that Cassandra and Cassie are one and the same and that a slave cannot purchase herself. A magistrate would be forced to check your finger and toe prints against the ones in the slave papers and that would prove the issue. You would be rendered back into Mikos’s ownership, regardless of the fact you had attempted to buy yourself. It would all have been a waste of time on your part.”

 

“This is madness! I just have to trust him? Trust Mikos? Never knowing if one day he decides to return and claim me?” I shivered at the thought of the possibility – being rendered into bondage at his feet. Stripped naked, collared and handed over to him. The things he would do to me! 

 

“Drink your Bazi tea, Cassandra. I can see you are growing agitated.”

 

“I can’t live my life like this, worrying whether sometime tomorrow court officials might summon me to the chamber of justice!” I felt a horrible tightness in my chest. Argentum was outside my power and influence, and even now was locked into a dangerous land war with Corycyrus.  I couldn’t even have Mikos murdered to keep him quiet. I had no power in a city so far away. Is that why he had left? Because he knew that I might consider killing him to protect myself? 

 

But strangely enough I felt an uneasy sense of revulsion at the thought of having Mikos killed. For some reason, I didn’t like the idea of him being dead. An image flashed into my mind of his smiling face as he tied my wrists to a slave ring in a paga tavern alcove and brushed the pleasure silk up about my thighs as he began to touch me. I suddenly felt hot and flushed at the thought, as I had been feeling recently each time the memories came flooding back, which my recent sexual frustration had ensured was now quite often. I shifted position where I knelt and felt an unwelcome warmth between my thighs at the memories.

 

Why was I beginning to crave sex? I had never used to feel this way. What had Mikos done to me, to my chaste self-control, all those months ago?

 

“I have an idea,” I said. “I can issue legal cases at the moment, because I am a Free Woman. I can issue a case to declare the slave papers in the House of Andronicus and the Cylinder of Justice as having been drawn up illegally, and have them declared null and void.”

 

“Do you own the slave, Cassandra? No? Then you have no interest in the case and you cannot challenge the legality of the papers. To do so you would have to present the slave in question and have her testify before a magistrate. Slaves typically testify under torture in courts of law, as you know.”

 

My face possibly looked pale as I considered giving testimony in a court of law, under torture, posing as the slave in question, brought forward by my legal team.

 

“The legal case could declare in advance that I am the girl in question, painting myself as the victim here, and seeking justice and remedy. It would be embarrassing, but money can hush things up in the case of the legal teams concerned.”




 

“The precise moment that you admit to being the girl in question, that very precise moment, recorded in your legal papers, before they can then be submitted to the court, you are then in the eyes of the law a slave until your appeal against the papers can be heard, and of course it will not be heard, because a slave cannot serve papers. So we are back to square one. There will be no appeal.”

 

“This is insane!”

 

“You have to bear in mind, Cassandra, that you are legally a slave, even though you carry on your life as normal. You are a de facto slave until you bring an appeal, which in theory you would win, except that a slave cannot bring an appeal.”

 

“I’m not even branded!”

 

“That makes no difference to your legal status, and frankly would soon be rectified. You would swiftly be branded within an ahn of the court judgement, for brands are required by merchant law. Your Master could be fined for neglecting to brand you within a reasonable period of time from your formal enslavement.” 

 

“You’re clever, Donna, there must be something I can do?”

 

“You could leave Vonda and live somewhere where professional slave hunters, appointed by the court, might never find you? Some wild barren place where there is no law or justice, just the rule of outlaws?”

 

“I’m not sure that’s a better life than slavery, and might eventually lead to slavery, anyway.” 

 

“True. There is another possibility. You are in a period of Free Companionship with Simon that commenced prior to your illegal enslavement. Simon therefore has legal interest in you, and could contest the papers on the grounds that he has possession of you as a Free Woman for the duration that remains of your contract. As the slave papers effectively dispute that, and clearly cancel the Free Companionship from the moment you were enslaved…”

 

“I am not enslaved!”

 

“You are. You are legally a slave. There’s no point in repeatedly denying that fact.”

 

“It was not a legal enslavement!” Why did she not understand that?

 

“So you keep saying. It technically is, until an appeal challenges the matter. The appeal would win, but you can’t bring it to court. Simon, in theory, could. He could file papers, and unlike you, where you would lose the right to file papers the moment you drew them up and admitted you are the girl named as the slave Cassie, then the case could be heard. There would be an embarrassment factor. The court would understand the delicacy of the situation if Simon spoke to the officials in advance. It could possibly be heard behind closed doors in private sittings. Simon could be the answer here.”

 

“He still feels betrayed by the assessment of my responses in the slave papers. He keeps imagining that is how I would be with a man who might dominate me, and he will not listen to reason. He feels sure I dream of other men capable of keeping me in bondage.”

 

“Do you?”

 

My face flushed, for in recent nights I had been having frightening dreams as I tossed and turned in bed, following the less than satisfactory love making that never brought me anywhere near a climax. 

 

Donna noticed my expression and nodded. “I told you it would begin. The feelings. The desires. It always does. You will soon be at war with yourself. Have you lingered near a slave market recently?”

 

“No!”

 

“Do you fantasise being in a paga tavern alcove with a man like Mikos?”

 

“No!” 

 

Donna sighed. “The second repudiation was a lie. There are only two possible endings to all of this – either you become repulsed by the stark reality of being a slave, or you learn you would be happier as a slave. You know what I have suggested, but you’re not interested. You need to kill these feelings before they can no longer be denied, or fully embrace them. Your experience has woken long repressed feelings that lurk within many women. A day and a night of genuine slave service in this house would act as a future deterrent to you. I do not molly coddle slaves. I might add that it would go a long way to reassure Simon that he has nothing to fear. But it is ultimately your choice.”

 

“If I did this…” I swallowed hard as I spoke those words. 

 

Donna smiled and touched my hand. “Brave girl.”

 

“… you would not tell anyone?”

 

“You would be a new slave in this household. No one would know you were formally the Lady Cassandra Assante. Your slave papers make no mention of your true identity, so I could easily gloss over them. You already have a legal pedigree, having been passed through the House of Andronicus and ownership of Mikos. It’s not as if you appeared suddenly from nowhere. I would arrange things so that no one would question your slavery, or look into your true identity.”

 

“I will stop feeling the way I do?” I said softly.

 

“I cannot guarantee that. Maybe you will discover a new life in a collar, and that you are a naturally submissive slave, but I think the likelihood is that you will find the experience repulsive enough to stop fantasising. You will then have some sort of peace and revert to your old life before you met Mikos. You will once again be the Lady Cassandra Assante, and you will find your relationship with Simon will improve. And then in time there will be children.”

 

“When do we do this?” I said quietly.

 

“I need to arrange some things. This has to be perfect. When I am ready, I will send for you.”

 

“Tomorrow? I would like to get this over with quickly.”

 

“No, not tomorrow. This will be unexpected when it happens, little Flower. Just like it would be if you were hauled before a magistrate to be enslaved. This has to feel real for you. This won’t be play acting.”

 

41 comments:

  1. Donna says "two months ago" but the previous installment said "a few months". One of those two is probably an erroneous statement.

    It is fun to watch Cassandra squirm... I am even beginning to feel sympathetic to her. Which is interesting as I haven't liked her since she royal screwed over Emma's life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose 'a few' is technically a minimum of three, Master, so yes, it's a bit of a slip on my part.

      Delete
  2. Tracker writes.
    I may comment later on the cleft stick in which Cassandra/Cassie appears to be stuck, but one thing shocked me about the slave papers of the kajira Cassie. I call her the kajira Cassie of course because that is what she is legally in the slave papers. I was shocked by the denuded pubis of the newly enslaved Cassie. It was totally bare. I had conceived from the writings of John Norman that Goreans revered the natural and original state of the world above all else, and here is a newly enslaved kajira flaunting her bald sex. How can this be? I understand a slavers house or a master imposing grooming and styling upon a slave, but for a newly enslaved woman to appear in this state is frankly shocking.
    I recall from Slave Girl of Gor, that when Judy Thornton was shipped by sea and was stowed below a prey to lice and urts that she stressed that all her hair was then removed, she laid emphasis that it was both from her head and her body.
    If things have changed, I may explore in an answer how this may have come about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracker Reples ( an imagined history)
      Twenty five years ago, new features started showing up in the barbarian girls in Gorean Slave markets. Those with the second knowledge of course are cognizant that they come from the slave world, the counter-Gor, while a certain few are even aware of the war of the worlds and that these beasts from the slave world are imported by the Kur. There were two shocking things - one multiple piercings in their ears, more than one in each ear! Far more shocking than even the single piercings in the most degraded of paga sluts. And secondly - many had totally or mostly removed all the hair from their sex. Which was regarded as unnatural!
      However many masters like the new look in the barbarians and imposed in on their own slaves, considering that it made the slave more naked and vulnerable and less able to disguise her body's need for a master.
      Others were appalled, considering it disfigured the natural beauty of enslaved women.
      Slavers were in a quandary - however they groomed a slave, it would turn off part of the potential market, hurting the value of sales. Except for sellers of redheads, this made passing off a dyed hair girl easier.
      Some cities adopted laws. Traditional cities banned, as far as the liberty of masters allowed, the practice. In cosmopolitan Ar, it was about 50/50 to the dismay of slaver sellers there. In Port Kar, a great receiver of slaves by sea, almost all slaves were denuded, both as a sanitary measure for shipping and because of the enhanced nudity aspect.
      Tyros banned the practice because it was allowed in Ar, Cos demanded it because it was banned in Tyros.

      Delete
    2. If there are such laws, I am guessing they aren't enforced strongly except perhaps at time of sale. Gorean men tend to be rather prideful, and would not look kindly on other people telling them what they are allowed to do with their slaves.

      "Are you saying that I can't have my slave dyed blonde?!? Them's fighting words". Note that this is paraphrase - the actual translation would take 3 paragraphs and at least 75 commas. ;-)

      Delete
    3. You can put the lack of pubic hair down to artistic licence on the part of Chloe, Master. I don’t think she shows pubic hair in any of her pictures. It’s either a preference of hers as an artist, or a limitation in the graphic software she uses. In actual fact, the slave papers wouldn’t even have a picture of Cassie as there is obviously no photography on Gor, so the inclusion of a picture is artistic licence in itself. It’s possible that for high value slaves, a sketch of the girl might be commissioned for her papers, but for the majority of kajirae there would be no picture.

      Another thing that tends to fall under the remit of artistic licence is our tendency to show unveiled Free Women in Chloe’s pictures. In reality they would almost always be veiled (even wearing a thin house veil in their own homes if receiving guests) but a succession of identikit veiled women in the pictures would make them all look the same, so where possible we show them bare faced, even though they may be veiled in the story.

      For avoidance of any doubt, you can always assume that, unless specifically mentioned otherwise, all Gorean women have pubic hair. It’s not part of their culture to shave their pubic region. A few particularly vain women may trim the hair neatly, but it wouldn’t be shaved. That’s an Earth custom.

      Goreans tend to frown on ‘fakery’ when it comes to slaves. Few men would dye the hair of their slaves. It’s not illegal (though it is against the rules of the caste of slavers to do so – such a thing is considered misrepresentation of goods under merchant law and can be punished by the courts) but it is viewed as deceitful. Slaves, for better or worse, are exhibited naturally – the one exception being the use of cosmetics, which is acceptable and often encouraged.

      Delete
    4. Emma is absolutely right. Pubic hair in CGI looks very fake. Granted, it's better than is was, but still not as good as recent improvements in head hair. Hopefully, this will change in the future.

      Delete
  3. Special congratulations to ChloeK for the magnificent rendition of the slave papers. They are truly works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracker Writes; Cassie, for it as such we must refer to her, deny it though she will, is feeling the walls close in on her. Her freedom, which she thought was absolute, then was restricted to areas outside Vonda - now Vonda is not safe. At any moment the papers might be served! She runs in ever decreasing circles, towards Simon, but he spurns her - towards the courts, but she has not standing. She thinks of refuge with her family, but her parents are far away, Brinn is missing. To where can she run - no where is safe.
    No where is safe, not even her dreams. For her dreams and body betray her. The one man she desires to master her, Simon, will not, so her only recourse for her needs is ...... slavery!
    But Donna offers a thin reed - aversion therapy, a day and night as a slave! But can Donna be trusted, or is it a trap?

    And one last thing, now when she is grabbed either in the night or off the street, will it be by the agents of Donna, or Mikos the slaver?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, Master, if I were her, with her money, I would leave the city and start a new life somewhere quiet, where I might not be found. She’s vulnerable in Vonda, for papers could easily be served at any moment. Imagine living with that uncertainty hanging over your head, not knowing if you might wake up tomorrow to find men sent by a magistrate, standing in your bed chambers with capture ropes in hand?

      I suppose she could go and live on Brinn’s estate, though for obvious reasons I would rather she didn’t. If push came to shove, I have a suspicion Brinn would protect her against anything. He would deny to himself any evidence that his sister was enslaved. He really does love her.

      Delete
  5. So Cassie won't have Mikos the slaver killed, even if she could. Is she tender towards him? Is he her true Love Master and not Simon?
    And what if Cassie submits to him, is used and possessed and then sold on, as Tarl Cabot has used and possessed so many, and then sold them on? Ah Cassie, what lies ahead for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Master Mikos is lucky, then. I believe the Lady Cassandra wouldn’t have any qualms about killing me. It runs in her family, I believe. I’ve never met them, but her mother and father are apparently even worse.

      And yes, she doesn’t seem to comprehend the possibility that Master Mikos might actually grow bored of her someday and sell her on. It just hasn’t occurred to her.

      Delete
  6. Meh - some of them I think Tarl just lost or abandoned. He is quite careless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s something I’ve noticed, Master. At the end of each book, Tarl always has one or two new slave girls that have shared his adventure, but, with a couple of exceptions, you rarely ever hear of them again. It’s like the Bond girls who seem to disappear after each James Bond adventure.

      In Tarl’s case, of course, as Admiral Bosk of Port Kar, he has a very large house with (presumably) large slave pens, so they may all be there, but they don’t ever get mentioned again.

      Delete
  7. I believe that there is a section in Gorean Merchant Law that if a Slave is without a Master for seven days her legal ownership passes to the first Free Man who lays claim to her.
    So even if Mikos holds papers on Cassie, depending on the circumstances, there may be other collars looming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a new one to me, Master. Do you have any book quotes that reference it?

      I suspect it would refer to situations where a slave’s Master is dead, outlawed, or convicted of some serious crime, as within a city property remains property, so a man couldn’t just pick a slave up off the streets if there are papers filed showing she belongs to someone else.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. My apologies to all I mis-remembered the reference. It is in fact in Book 22 (Dancer of Gor) Page 95-96.
      The precedent under Gorean Law appears to be that if a girl has been in possession of a man for a week she is legally his.
      https://www.thegoreancave.com/civil/law_slave.php

      Delete
    4. That explains it then, Master, as Dancer of Gor, Book 22, is a book I haven’t read yet. The quotes are of course canon, and I’ll bear them in mind going forward. Thank you for that.

      Delete
    5. Also see page 149 of Book 22, where the time period of one week is specified.

      jonnieo

      Delete
  8. Tracker writes: Listen Gentle Free People, Good Free men and women, and you slaves in the back, stop clattering around.
    For I am a teller of tales, a Tracker of Stories as well as delectable slaves and other goods
    A final digression - the girl wagon full of recent captives observed by the secret slave Cassie on the day before her visit to the Lady Donna. All recently become slaves, reduced from person to beast, their lives upended just as Cassie's was as the forces of slavery surrounded them. Let us take two - the first a smaller girl, modest of breast and hips, a little sharp faced, taken on her way to a far different fate as the Free Companion of a merchant of a small city dependent on Corcyrus. Herself the daughter of a merchant, she was part of a deal between to the two men. Her father had a second motive for she was clever with numbers and bookkeeping and would improve the fortunes of her her Companion, making him a more dependable as a trading partner. And she would have done so, her sharp eyes protecting him from those who would cheat him, bringing order to his books, quietly giving him good advice that he would think were his own thoughts, and bearing him heirs, never troubling him.
    Now though, her mind would not matter, it was her trim ankles and shapely calves and thighs that mattered, which, with her flat stomach and compact bottom might make a dancer who would trouble the thoughts of men, the course of her life changed.
    For the path of her travels had taken into a region undisturbed by the wars, and for that reason, selected as a target for by raiding forces from Vonda, needing supplies for the main body of troops. Forced off their course by one raiding party, then forced to change direction again by a second, her caravan had been hit by a third. Some of its supplies, including her palanquin had been captured, and so the closing in of the forces of slavery had altered the course of her life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now consider the woman who in the lineaments of her body resembled the slave Cassie. We know from the slave papers of Cassie that she had large soft breasts, now reddened by the unaccustomed sun and wind her nudity exposed her to. The slavers are not concerned, the redness will fade by the time she has some training.
      She was a farm girl, on her way to her second Free companionship. Her first ended when the old man she had been coupled with died, but during her time as companion she had maintained his farm and beasts well, and was in demand for a second ceremony. She and her friends had been on the way to her new man's farm, when they had to flee from the raiders of Vonda. Fleeing from the different groups of raiders, she could feel slavery closing in, then separated from the rest of the group, she fled alone along a road. She evaded a party behind and was running down a road away from them, and hearing their shouts fade behind her, she pulled up exhausted. She had a stitch in her side, she could run no more. As she stood there panting and tired, she looked up. In front of her was a Vondan warrior, his red tunic bright in the hot sun. She could not catch enough breath to run, her feet hurt. She sank to her knees, feeling the sharpness of the little stones beneath her knees. Her head sank towards her chest, she extended her arms forward and upward, wrists crossed.
      He tied her wrists with binding fibre, new fibre, with a red cord woven in the yellow rope, a gift from his mother as he went to war. She was stripped then, her clothes tossed aside and in the soft grass by the road she began to learn her slavery. It was only when they arose that she saw he was not quite full grown, it must have been his first campaign, his head was not quite yet big enough for his helmet.
      They will each remember their first, she her first master, he his first captive.
      He led her naked towards the camp, wrists bound by fibre, another rope around her neck for collar and leash. Her clothes were in a bundle she carried on her back, she now a beast of burden At the edge of the camp he put her to her knees in the road, then pushing her forward in the position of the she-sleen, he took her again, her knees again cut by sharp pebbles, her soft pillowy breasts pushed into the dust of the road. With a shout of triumph he led her into the camp, received a few tarsk bits for her, and a few more for the clothes and swaggered off.
      So that is how the farm girl game to wonder at the glories, crowds, and cylinders of the City of Vonda.
      As for the warrior, did he die in his first battle, or did he live to become a might soldier, a leader of men who finally retired to his pleasant garden to tell tales of the battles he fought and the women and loot he captured, why that Gentlefolk is a different story.

      Delete
    2. I have the greatest readers that a writer could ever possibly hope for. I really do. :) I probably don’t say it enough, but I really do appreciate all the wonderful feedback I get. It means the world to me. Not only that, but I guarantee you my output has only been this prolific because of a) Chloe’s inspirational art, and b) the wonderful feedback I always look forward to after each chapter is written.

      You can assume that what Master Tracker wrote her is ‘canon’ as far as the Emmaverse is concerned. Those are the girls that were in the wagon. And that’s probably the highest praise any writer can give – making reader contributions ‘canon’. :)

      Just, you know, don’t ask for royalties, Master, because there aren’t any! :)

      Delete
    3. Canon! High praise indeed. Thank you so much. It means a lot from such a good author. Indeed, if a Kajira was not required to be strictly truthful, one might even suspect that Emma sometimes embroidered and improved some of her storiesl

      Delete
    4. Never the case, Master, though I suspect much of what the Lady Cassandra writes about in her current story is probably embroidered to make her seem sympathetic. Just remember she tried to take my children away from me.

      Delete
    5. And whipped you for that... I fully admit that is what caused me to dislike her.

      Delete
    6. *Big smile* Have I ever mentioned how you're my favourite Master, Master? :)

      Delete
  9. Regarding royalties, as slaves own nothing, one would reasonably expect there not to be any.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though a slave, I would gladly pay Emma’s lucky master for every one of her masterpiece novels, embroideries and all! When they become published (which I know is becoming archaic) I will be first in line to acquire the entire collection for my bookshelf. As much as I enjoy reading them on the blog and sharing comments, there is something to be said about having a real book in my hand that I can pick up on a rainy day and read over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my long term frustrations, Master, is the fact I’m unable to offer print copies of my books, for obvious reasons. These days it’s simple enough – all you have to do is upload the text and include a cover picture, and there are all manner of print on demand sites that will send out paperback copies of the books. But as I’m writing what is essentially fanfic in a copyrighted setting, I’d quickly get shut down if I tried, or worse. It’s not even that I particularly want to make any money – I’m quite happy not to, because I understand the concepts I play with are Mr Normans, and it wouldn’t be right for me to try to profit from them. I’d be quite happy to offer paperback copies for which I don’t even make a single penny. But one of the things I know will inevitably happen, is that all my works will one day vanish completely. The Internet isn’t permanent, by which I mean, blogs like this will one day get deleted when the host networks do a clear out of blogs that haven’t been update for many years. It will happen. One day I’ll be dead, or I’ll have stopped writing, and sometime after that all of my writings will disappear as if they never existed in the first place. Print books of course will last generations, but I won’t have the opportunity of preserving my writing in that fashion. It’s really quite depressing to know that my life’s work will be deleted one day, and it will all be gone.

      Delete
    2. Begging everyone's indulgence while I step out of character for a few moments...

      Emma, it's true that you did not create the setting and that's at the root of the 'intellectual property' conundrum. But you have populated that setting with living, breathing, loving, avenging (I could go on, but you get the idea) people, and that is something that Professor Norman has never begun to approach. And in doing so, you have brought joy to a number of people. That may sound trite, but it's not. Joy is a quality that's sorely lacking in the world, and so when you touch our spirits or hearts, that touch endures even when the electrons preserving your writings blow away like steam. You've done something wonderful here and we will remember it, and you.

      Delete
    3. Agree with Pipa. I find your fics more enjoyable than most of the Gor novels.

      Regarding persistence - I save most fanfics from various fic sites/message boards using Calibre/Fanficfare as ebooks. You might want to crosspost on a site that would accept Gor fanfics. Almost certainly Questionable Questing (https://forum.questionablequesting.com/) would work or Archive of Our Own (https://archiveofourown.org/).

      Delete
    4. There is always the option, just to preserve these stories, of printing them in sections and having them bound.

      Delete
    5. I love my chain-sis! (gives her a hug). Thank you for those heartfelt words, Pipa. Knowing people feel so strongly about my writing makes it all worthwhile. And yes, Master Matt, I think it might be an idea if I stored copies of my stories on some archive sites. It’s probably the best way of preserving them long term. Unlike many writers, I am perfectly happy with people taking copies of the books and/or posting them onto other sites for posterity.

      Delete
    6. Master David: There would be lots of sites that could produce hard copies of the books as download orders – the problem is they might object that the books have ‘Gor’ in the title, because it’s still in copyright. I have considered in the past uploading the books as print on demand things on a site like Lulu, and just changing the titles, to have them up there long enough that I can then order print copies for myself. By the time anyone might notice I shouldn’t be doing this, I’d have some paperback versions of my writing.

      Delete
  11. Cassandra would be insane to trust Simon with anything, never mind running a legal case for her. If you looked in a Gorean dictionary under 'Devious, untrustworthy piece of shit' you'd see his picture. I don't know if she should trust the Lay Donna either, who has a copy of her slave papers and shows a suspiciousdetermination to have her as a slave in her house at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, a new Master! At least I think you’re new to the comments section. Apologies if I’ve missed any previous posts, Master. For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t want Simon handling my legal case, either. :)

      Delete
    2. Skanderberg... I think you owe an apology to untrusty piece of shits everywhere for that comparison.

      Delete
    3. I am new to the comments section, and, yes, fair point about Simon. Someone really ought to do to him what was done to Emma. He'd still be a walking example of the Dunning-Kreuger effect and the poster child for mistaking petty stubbornness for strength but at least (s)he would be relatively harmless.

      Delete