Wednesday 12 January 2022

Secrets of Gor Chapter Four

 


“Well, this is awkward,” said Donna, breaking three ehn of silence, as she faced both Simon and myself. We were seated side by side, evidently not looking at one another. “More Bazi tea?”

 

“Yes, please,” said Simon, as Donna lifted the delicate ceramic tea pot.

 

“No,” I said.  

 

“I can see you’re not happy, Cassandra, with me inviting your companion here.”

 

“You were always very observant, Donna,” I said, bitterly.

 

“But in light of the experiences you both endured, I feel you need to speak openly to one another. You were both hurt, and the healing process has to begin sometime. Simon, is there something you would like to say to Cassandra?”

 

“Yes.” He turned slightly to face me. “I don’t know what you want, Cassandra. I really don’t. Since we made our vows you have lain stiff as a board in bed, acting startled each time I touched you through your night gown. Fine. You are a frigid Gorean woman, or that’s what I thought. But now I discover that tied to some other man’s slave ring – some man other than me - you turn into a hot lascivious slut.”

 

“How dare you!” I struck Simon hard in the face with my clenched fist and watched him fall backwards.

 

“Cassandra, that isn’t helpful,” remarked Donna, brusquely. “And Simon,” she watched him pick himself up from the floor. He hadn’t been expecting that blow, and I had struck him hard, “we are not using terms like ‘hot lascivious slut’ right now. It’s counterproductive.”

 

“Can I go?” I asked.

 

“No. You will remain kneeling, Cassandra, until I say otherwise.”

 

I sulked a bit. 

 

“Cassandra, is there something constructive you would like to say to Simon?”

 

“Yes.” I turned slightly to face my companion. “What happened to you when Sansapina had you? Why won’t you talk about it? You’ve been withdrawn and broken since that night! You’ve been cold to me, just when I needed your compassion and your love the most. I am your woman. You should be able to speak to me.”

 

“She has a point, Simon,” said Donna.

 

“I felt ashamed,” said Simon, his head downcast. “I can’t talk about it. The things that happened.”

 

“Oh, so I’m expected to talk about being put to use in a barn, and apologise for anything I might have felt, but Simon gets to be the victim? Pathetic.”

 

“It is different for men,” remarked Donna. “You know that.”

 

I shrugged and looked pointedly at the far wall.

 

“Simon, it would be helpful if you held Cassandra’s hand, looked into her eyes, and said something positive to her now.”

 

Simon rubbed his swollen cheek and did as he was instructed, though I pulled away a little as he took my right hand in his. “Cassandra, since the day we met, I have been in love with you. You are the most beautiful woman on Gor, and my feelings for you have always been strong.”

 

“Oh, Simon…” I swallowed a lump in my throat and gazed back at him.

 

“Good,” said Donna. “Please continue.”

 

“My proudest moment was when you agreed to be my companion for the space of a year. I imagined us living together for a lifetime, having children…”

 

At the mention of children I sobbed a little and nodded quickly, still gazing into his eyes. “Yes, children. I will give you lots of children.”

 

“A day doesn’t go by without thinking how blessed I am that the Flower of the Assante is truly mine. The feelings I have for you eclipse anything I ever felt for Emma…”

 

“EMMA!” I pulled back my hand and could see from Simon’s startled expression he hadn’t meant to say that. Swiftly I hit him a second time. “YOU WERE IN LOVE WITH THAT FLITHY BARBARIAN SLUT?!”

 

I was pleased to see Simon’s cheek and lip was beginning to swell. I had hit him well, though my hand now hurt. 

 

“I don’t love Emma,” he said as he watched me warily, rubbing his face. “How could I possibly love her – she’s just a slave. If I felt anything, it was just a moment of casual lust, like men feel for slaves. It’s perfectly natural.”

 

“Don’t draw that knife,” warned Donna as she saw where my hand was at my belt. “I’m warning you, Cassandra. You both need to be able to speak freely, even if there’s some short term pain. No knives.”


 

Simon looked alarmed when he saw how my blade was almost half way out of its sheath.

 

“You were going to stab me!” he cried. He looked horrified at the realisation.

 

“No I wasn’t. Now you’re being ridiculous.” I slid the blade back into its oiled sheath.

 

“Yes you were!” He pointed at my knife belt. “The blade was halfway out of its sheath!”

 

“How could you lust after Emma!”

 

“She’s a slave, Cassandra. That’s how men are.”

 

“Disgusting. You say you love me, but then there are all your slaves parading around my house. What was the name of that little slut you had a month ago?”

 

“Cassandra, calm down,” warned Donna. “You know it’s natural for men to seek the comfort of slaves for what they cannot enjoy with their companion. Men have needs that only slaves can satisfy. You know this.”

 

I sniffed. “I don’t have to like it.”

 

“Of course not. You are a Free Woman. No one expects you to like it,” agreed Donna. “But you have to accept it. It is Simon’s right as your companion to make use of slaves as he sees fit. That is your culture.”

 

“I don’t want them in the house! Or on my furniture!”

 

“It is his house,” said Donna. “He can bring slaves into it if he wishes.”

 

“It’s my house!”

 

“Not while you are companioned. He is the man.”

 

“How am I supposed to feel if some filthy slut is in my bed! And why does he have to lust after that barbarian slut! There are thousands of other slaves! She even has fat ankles!”

 

“I won’t put slaves to use in our bed, Cassandra,” said Simon by way of reconciliation. “I’ll never do that. I know it would hurt you.”

 

“Good. The next slut I find in my bed will have all her hair sheared away.”

 

“I’ll try to use them when you’re not around. But sometimes that may not be possible. I don’t plan my couplings.”

 

“I don’t want to know!” I looked away.

 

“Cassandra,” said Donna in a calm voice. “You do accept Simon has a legal and cultural right to use slaves whenever he wants?”

 

“Yes,” I said in frustration. I clenched my hands into fists and felt the right one throbbing painfully, from my use of it as a fist. 

 

“And you understand why – that men cannot obtain the same degree of satisfaction from their companion?”

 

“Yes.” I continued to look away.

 

“And you understand that Simon could never love a slave the way he loves you? Isn’t that right, Simon?”

 

“You are the only woman I love, Cassandra. I will give you children.”

 

That word again. The magic word. I sniffed and looked round at him. “When?”

 

“When we renew our companionship vows. That way I know we are likely to be together to raise them. And when I know that there is no risk their mother will be lost to a collar. I would not put our children through that. That is a red line for me.”

 

“You will give me children when we drink the wine of companionship again?”

 

“Of course. But only when I know their mother will be there for them.”

 

I dried my eyes and stopped thinking about the knife at my belt. “Why Emma? Why her?”

 

“She was there, all the time, and she was always teasing me. You know how slutty she is. She seemed infatuated with me for some inexplicable reason, always putting herself in my way and pawing at me. It was frankly tiresome, but, when I was away looking for Brinn in Port Kar, she was the only slave to hand, and, well, I have needs. But that’s all she is to me – a slave. Just a slave, not the best I’ve met, not the worst either. You’re right. She does have fat ankles.”

 

“And a stupid nose.”

 

Simon seemed to choose his next words carefully. “I’ve noticed that too. And she wears too much makeup.”

 

“Slutty makeup. Filthy little slut. With a stupid looking nose and too much makeup.”

 

“She has to, I suppose,” said Simon, “because she isn’t naturally beautiful like you. I suppose she feels inadequate and that is the only way she has to compensate.”

 

“I think we’re getting somewhere,” said Donna as she poured some more Bazi tea for us both. “Simon thinks you are beautiful. Cassandra – tell Simon how you feel about him. Something positive.”

 

“You… you saved my life on the Thassa. You were a hero.” I touched his hand. “I will never forget that. You faced down death to save my honour. I… I think I loved you before, but I loved you even more then. You were my rock, and when I knew we would be companions, I felt like the happiest girl in the world. The months since have been hard at times, and we have had problems, but I do love you. I wasn’t responsible for what happened last month. I was a victim.”

 

“Oh, Cassandra…” Simon reached over and drew me into his arms where I sobbed and pressed my head to his shoulder. “I’ve been so very worried for you. That’s why I’m here.”

 

“What do you mean?” I raised my face a little to look at him.

 

“The Lady Donna showed me the slave papers.”

 

I flinched in his arms and shut my eyes. “They’re not legal in Vonda,” I said.

 

“I know. But it’s what they describe: your responses.” I flinched again and screwed my eyes even more tightly shut.

 

“We have to do something about this. The Lady Donna is right when she suggests your feelings will grow beyond your control unless we convince you that this is a path you would not enjoy. She’s trying to help us. You want children? You can’t fantasise about slavery if you want children.”

 

“I’m not a slave,” I cried. “I wouldn’t do anything. I don’t dream of being a slave. Why don’t any of you listen to me? I keep telling you!”

 

“I think the Lady’s offer is a good one,” said Simon, slowly and carefully. “It will be a shock to your system and will convince you to maintain the standards of a chaste Free Woman in future. You want that, don’t you? Our respect?”

 

“You seriously want me to…?”

 

“It’s worth thinking about. And it would be a safe environment, in the Lady’s house, and we’re only talking about a day and a night of service.”

 

“A day and a night of service as a house kajira, to the standard I expect,” added Donna. “There would be no shirking. That’s the point. You experience genuine slavery for a short period of time. Not the romantic nonsense you have in your head. You will live through the uncomfortable drudgery.”

 

“No one need know, Cassandra,” said Simon as he rubbed my hand, affectionately. “It would be discrete. I would make excuses for your absence.”

 

“I can’t believe you want me to parade around this house in a slave tunic!” I said. “How can you even suggest such a thing, Simon?” 

 

“I suppose she’s worried that she might not be tough enough for a day of actual slavery,” said Donna as she sat back against the cushions. “The soft, pampered life she has led makes her unsuited to the chores of a house kajira, even for a day.”

 

My eyes flashed at that challenge. But I said nothing.

 

“Otherwise,” Simon shrugged, “we go on as before, and I suppose you will begin taking risks. If you shame me in public, I cannot, I will not protect you. And there can be no prospect of children if I am not certain their mother will remain a dignified Free Woman.”

 

“If you don’t give me children, Simon, I will find a companion who will.” The air in the room suddenly turned cold as our eyes locked in that challenge.

 

“You don’t mean that, Cassandra. We love each other.”

 

“I want children. That is not negotiable.” We continued to stare at one another, daring each other to escalate this.




 

I rose to my feet. “I am not doing this. That is my final word. I am not going to play at being a slave.”

 

 

28 comments:

  1. Tracker writes: And again Emma throws us a curve - couples counselling was not what I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The consensual approach to Cassie's aversion therapy just doesn't seem to be working. I think more drastic measures will be required. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More drastic, Master? That sound ominous. Nothing... coercive, I trust? :)

      Delete
  3. The Kind and Gentle Lady Donna is experiencing problems in posting a comment, so has asked for this to be posted on her behalf:

    DONNA: I think my fees for Free Companionship counselling have just substantially increased. I have noted that when a Gorean woman says that another Gorean woman has fat ankles that normally means she lacks confidence in her own beauty.

    The Kind and Gentle Lady Donna of Dover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Lady Donna.
      Trackers says: A Gorean Free Lady has no need to measure her beauty against that of another because of course she is unique and of incomparable worth. And to measure against a beast, an animal?
      I wonder though, if the expression and contempt for fat ankles amongst ladies came from Ladies who came to Gor working for the Priest Kings (or the brutish Kur) during the horsepower ages on Earth. Horses were judged by the thickness or daintiness of their fetlocks (ankles) a dainty fetlock in a filly or mare marking a mettlesome and higher quality horse fit for a lady or other person of taste, discernment, and quality. While a thicker boned beast was fit for harder, more common work, a hack to be ridden by any and all comers to the stable, a mount to be, in the words of the Western saying, ridden hard and put away wet. I dare not be more specific when speaking to your gentleness and modesty.

      Delete
    2. Very interesting insights, Master. You are certainly right that it is ridiculous to compare the beauty of a Free Woman with that of a slave girl. The beauty of a Free Woman is an entirely different thing – purer, nobler, more modest and gentle - to the beauty of a slave. No comparison can rightly be made.

      I do have some personal theories as to the derivation of the insult, ‘fat ankles’. I believe it originated amongst slaves to begin with, but then over time became used by Free Women too. If I can explain.

      I first heard the phrase in the slave pens of Banu Hashim, where as you know, I was trained as a Pleasure Slave to be enticing to men. There was much rivalry in the pens, particularly in the pursuit of rewards, and the phrase ‘fat ankles’; was often used in reference to rivals. When I enquired, I was told that slaves tend to fall into one of two groups – the pleasure slaves are of course chosen for their pleasurable bodies, slim waisted, full in the hips and bust, with dancer like legs, but those bodies make them poorly suited for heavy manual labour. The pot and kettle girl on the other hand is often plainer in appearance, with a less desirable body (though not always – I have seen some very beautiful girls who are subjected to the lowest of slaveries) but her body is suitable for the drudgery of manual labour. A working girl who might draw a plough in the fields of a peasant village would have broad shoulders and thicker legs, including of course, thick ankles. Your analogy with the horses of Earth is a good one. And so you can see how after a while, the pleasure slaves such as myself, would mock the harder, more durable pot and kettle girls, with their bodies developed over the years to carry heavy loads or grind corn in a mill, and an easy way to do so would be to refer to their ankles as being ‘fat’, suggesting they could never be a silken pleasure slave, which ultimately is what all slaves would wish to be. What girl in her right mind would prefer labouring hard in a field when she could instead be spending the afternoon perfuming her body and applying expert cosmetics to please her Master when he returns to his house?

      The ankles of the pot and kettle girl are in fact simply sturdy, suitable for heavy labour, but the term fat became the choice insult.

      Fast forward some generations and Free Women begin to use the phrase too, often when referring to slaves that their beloved companions enjoy coupling with. Why do they use such a phrase? Well, it is insulting to the slave, but also it is delicate and modest. Have you ever heard a Free Woman speaking of more vulgar attributes of a slave’s body? Referring to a girl’s ripe, full breasts for example, with their delicate nipples, or the shape of her thighs that part open to reveal the inviting warmth of her sex lying there between them? Of course not. So the phrase ‘fat ankles’ becomes a polite euphemism for a general criticism of the slave’s body, suggesting her companion has poor taste in choosing that slave.

      Delete
  4. It’s worth mentioning that Blogger comments has an issue with certain security settings on computers, which if active will mean that comments don’t get posted after they are typed and submitted. I use a Mac so I can only refer to the Mac setting, but under Safari/Preferences/Privacy, there’s an option entitled ‘Website tracking: Prevent Cross-site tracking’. If that is ticked, it prevents comments being posted. If it’s then unticked, the comments can be posted. Not sure why exactly, but I found out the hard way some time ago. There’s probably a Windows equivalent, too, that causes a similar problem. I have to routinely untick the option every time I want to post a comment (like this one) on my Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone else is having problems posting comments, you can mail me at cordellian at hotmail dot com. I've tweaked a couple of settings to try and fix Lady Donna's problems, but I'd hate to think those tweaks have suddenly deprived other readers of being able to comment. If you suddenly find problems, let me know, because it might be the admin changes I made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, someone chose to stand after she had been told to remain kneeling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She’s braver than me, then, Master, but then I’m a slave and the Lady Cassandra is… still free? I’m really not sure, to be honest. Just how legal are those slave papers? I think if I were her I’d remain kneeling, just to be on the safe side.

      Delete
  7. Dig those heels in Cassie.....as John Cleese in High Priest gard says at the Life of Brian stoning..

    'You are only making it worse for yourself!'

    ReplyDelete
  8. One thing I’d be interested in hearing, Masters and Mistresses (and any kajirae out there), is your opinion on the legal status of the Lady Cassandra. Is she a Free Woman, or is she a slave? I’m talking her legal status, of course, not whether she has a secret slave belly. Do you think her slave papers are valid, or was the nature of her ‘enslavement’ in the House of Andronicus simply illegal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracker says
      Legally, in Vonda, no, not at all.
      Legally, in the house of Andronicus, almost.
      The house of Andronicus has a paper legally sealing the Lady Cassandra as a Secret Slave, a person they have the right to enslave, 99% a slave except for one important detail.
      The paper may list her name, and all the most intimate physical details from her height to the colour of her eyes, even the length of her fingers and toes. It may describe her body in the most accurate of details, from block measurements like hips and breasts, to shape of her breasts, even the width and height of her areolas in repose and when aroused, the same for the nipple. It may even describe the dilation of her eyes when slave heat comes upon her, and the change in coloration of her intimate parts at the same time (The Slavers Guild of AR recognizes 16 shades in white slaves alone, marked on the walls of the slave inspection chambers, like Pantone colours, the Guild of Part Kar recognizes thirty-nine).
      But none of this matters without the brand.
      Without the brand, the Lady would be merely a stripped captive, destined for the collar and slavery. The worthy matrons of any city, forced to make an inspection would have to agree that the Lady was not marked. Even if she cried out La Kajira in front of impartial witnesses, she was only destined for slavery.
      For by Merchant Law throughout Gor, merchant law demands that a female slave be branded.
      Until an iron is heated past red hot in a fire until the end is a dull white with heat and that iron is pressed into the smooth thigh of the Lady Cassandra for a slow count of three and she is marked is she completely a slave. Once the slave mark is burned into her body, into her soul, into how she thinks of herself and others think of her is she completely a slave.
      Until that mark is burned into her flesh, she is at most a captive destined for slavery.
      That is legally of course. The transformation to slave in her heart may come first.

      Delete
    2. That is certainly true in most Gorean cities, Master. The legal system insists upon a brand indelibly pressed into the thigh of a girl for several seconds. Interestingly the lack of a brand on an enslaved woman doesn’t necessarily mean the enslavement is void, but what it does mean is that the man who owns the slave can possibly find himself falling foul of the city laws relating to mercantile transactions involving slaves. It’s a bit like conducting certain types of business that requires a licence, but not obtaining the licence. Or falling foul of building regulations, or driving a car on Earth without road tax and insurance.

      Delete
    3. My opinion is that Cassandra is now technically a Secret Slave.

      Within the jurisdiction of Argentum, she could be legally branded and enslaved and that would be the end of it. Lady Amicia of the Caste of Slavers informed Mikos, if Cassandra's identify was verified as the woman described in the slave papers, her legal status as a slave would be absolute.

      Escaping the branding iron in the House of Andronicus, Cassandra legally remains a Free Woman in Vonda. Outside the safety of Vonda, for example, within a war zone, she could be fair game for enslavement.

      Delete
    4. Yes, Master. I think the Lady Cassandra has to be very careful if she chooses to leave the secure walls surrounding her city.

      Delete
    5. Any Free Woman who strays from the protections afforded by Home Stone, Caste or Family... courts capture, collar and brand. This is a fact of life on Gor. So, while the legal weight of the 'Cassie Papers' within the Vonda city limits is negligible, their very existence narrows the range of Lady Cassandra's options considerably. Her 'big picture' is now a thumbnail.

      And of course a girl knows better than to suggest anything to a Free Woman, but still... if Pipa were the Lady in question, she would make every effort to ensure that those papers NEVER came into the possession of her esteemed Free Companion.

      Delete
    6. The Lady Cassandra is very much a survivor, and I doubt anything really bad will happen to her, sis. It will probably turn out to be a very dull story with nothing much happening. Probably all be over by chapter eight.

      Delete
  9. I don’t think the enslavement is legal. So the Lady Donna is attempting a marriage counseling! Just because things are different for men doesn’t mean that Simon gets to keep his ordeal secret. He needs to come clean with Cassandra!
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracker writes:
      For now, Lady Cassandra is free. But if she spends 24 hours in a slave tunic, working under the direction of the Lady Donna, there is no way she can escape the whip. Without experience in hard labour, with no expertise in household tasks, how can it be otherwise? And under the whip, under the discipline of the switch, who knows what might emerge. And should she be dressed in the skimpy tunic of a slave, how could Simon resist using her at the slave ring? How could the Lady Donna's Free Companion who lusts after a Free Lady of his close acquaintance? Even the Lady Donna points out the men have needs and who can expect a man to resist temptation thus presented.
      Unless the Lady Donna puts her in an iron belt or locks her for the night in the kennels a fuller slave experience than just labour awaits the Flower of the Assante.
      The Lady Cassandra is free now, but has already begun to tread the slave path. Who knows? Counselling may reveal that both she and Simon would be happier in a different form of relationship.

      Delete
    2. I would imagine that if Simon gets to see the Lady Cassandra with a collar about her throat, she dressed in a skimpy slave tunic, made to kneel and serve in the household of the Lady Donna, it would have a profound effect on him. Is there any man who would be able to look at his companion the same way again after witnessing her dressed as a slave? I imagine he would be incredibly aroused by the sight of her like that. No doubt the Lady Donna will ensure that Simon doesn’t get to see the Lady Cassandra in such an exquisite state, for his own good, of course, as well as her’s.

      Delete
  10. What I like about this scene is how Emma is causing problems for Simon & Cassandra without being anywhere near them. Are there laws on Gor about slaves living rent-free in a free person's head? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do both seem to have an unhealthy obsession with me, Master. I think they really have to ask themselves why that is.

      Delete
    2. Emma rolls 'Evade' (Thank you, Yasmina, for the loan of the stat).

      Evade: 5D6+1
      (5-4-1-2)+1 = 13
      Wild: 1D6!
      (2) = 2

      ... for a total of 15. Now some might regard an audience comprised almost entirely of Free Persons as being 'Difficult' (what's referred to in the theatre as 'a tough house'). Fortunately, Emma has a super-sympathetic GM (/me blushes prettily) who's calling it 'Moderately Difficult' and she manages to squeak by. Just. :-)

      Delete
    3. My chain-sis is my new Games Master. :)

      Delete
    4. I am getting that... ;-) What system?

      Delete
    5. The Tales of Gor RPG system. Pipa plays in my online Gor RPG, Master.

      Delete
    6. Thanks... that was a good evasion roll. And I am not any kind of difficult ;-).

      Delete