Saturday 28 March 2020

Introducing Lady Serafina Adamaris Shahzad of Tor

Isn’t she lovely?

Yes, it’s time for a new Gorean serial! A bit like the Slave World serial, where, unlike my ‘densely plotted in advance’ novels, I write a beginning, with an ending in mind, some vague set pieces in-between sketched out, and a sense of ‘writing the rest as I go along’. Like ‘the Slave World’, I’m going to try and post short frequent chapters on a semi-regular basis to keep you entertained as you hibernate during the Plague Year.


I’m calling this one ‘Dunes of Gor’ and it’s set in, of course, the Tahari. Taking very vague inspiration from Frank Herbert’s ‘Dune’, the story will introduce a new protagonist, the elegant and refined Lady Serafina Adamaris Shahzad of Tor, daughter (although she doesn’t know it) of a local Kurii agent who has been given governorship of a fortified Tor stronghold located on the outer reaches of the hamada deserts, home to various warring tribes, where Tor controls by force, various salt mines and water wells. In the Tahari, he who controls the salt and water, controls life itself.   

Lady Serafina has been used to a soft and indulgent life in the great city of Tor, craftily dodging various attempts by her exasperated father to offer her hand in free companionship to various high ranking men that she has no interest in. Now having to relocate to a wild frontier home, the Lady despairs of what her life will become, in a remote region where luxuries of Tor are few and far between.

Chapter one will post tomorrow and then fairly regularly as I write it. 

5 comments:

  1. Tal Emma,

    Bravo! I'll be looking forward to the adventures (or perhaps more accurate to say, misadventures) of Lady Serafina.

    Since I have more time on my hands, I will also no doubt be sketching out in my mind a future reunion of Aimee and Saffie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tal all,

    I take it that being veiled is not a requirement in Tor>

    The Kind and Gentle Lady Donna of Dover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strict veiling is even more important in Tor than elsewhere on Gor. I tend to use a degree of artistic licence when it comes to pictures though. You, the readers, get to see what the characters in the stories do not. :)

      Delete
    2. Tal Donna,

      You can't blame Chloe for this. She is being a good little Kajira at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Tal Mick,

    Dont rile Donna....she will want Chloe punished in some way or other.

    We both know what Free Women are like towards cuties like Chloe and Emma.

    They cant help it....they are all so very very frustrated espec as we are all in lockdown and have more time and energy to use our slave girls.

    I used Buttercup early this morning and will do every day ....no social distancing for her with me I can tell you.

    She is of my Household so no issue there as far as the 2 metres is concerned.

    Dafydd

    ReplyDelete