Saturday 15 June 2019

Ooops...


So... you may be forgiven for thinking I've been incredibly lazy of late, and yes, you'd be quite right. I have been incredibly lazy! It has been a longer gap between books 4 and 5 than I originally intended, mostly down to all manner of things happening in my life, plus just taking a bit of a break from writing. Trouble is, time zipped by before I realised how much time had indeed, ahem, zipped by.

Um...



But anyway, the good news is that Chloe and I are back in the groove so to speak (though in fairness Chloe was never out of the groove as while I was sipping a variety of gin and tonics and reading trashy pulp paperbacks in the sunshine, Chloe was hard at work delivering lots of art for an illustrated version of the Gor fanfic novel that inspired the Emma saga – Olga Turlovna's 'Daughter of Gor' (which is essentially book zero in the Emma saga as it introduces the main concepts I used, albeit Emma isn't actually in it). We'll be posting this deluxe illustrated version in the next few days. If you've read it before then you'll surely enjoy seeing the new pictures, and if you haven't read it before then you're in for a treat because it's a full blown novel that introduced characters like Udumi and the concept of the Kur science that was used to genetically shape Emma's body and it's a fantastic read. Basically a Gor take on Apocalypse Now. Daughter of Gor takes place roughly two years before Mistress of Gor. You'll love it.

Ubara of Gor is shaping up nicely. For the record I have chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17 & 18 written either complete or in a significant % complete. And I have outline notes for book 6: Gods of Gor.

Chloe is currently switching over from the old version of her art package to what she refers to as generation 8, but all I know is that the digital renders will look sharper (my computer skills are pretty much limited to tapping keys on a keyboard and watching funny cat videos). She sent me this comparison of the old Emma digital model (on the left) with the new version 8 software version (on the right). There are a further two closeups (facial) below with the old Gen 4 model of Emma on the left contrasting with the new Gen 8 higher definition model on the right. The lose ups really reveal the sharper digital rendering for the upcoming art on Ubara. I also have some character concept art from Chloe for Ubara that I'll be posting up shortly.

Stay tuned as the saying goes. 

- Emma x




13 comments:

  1. Welcome back naughty girl. I am glad to see you back and hope all is well with you.

    Shall we also be seeing the Rosalita series continue? I have been looking forward to that party for quite some time now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Master Blackmask. It’s certainly my intention to continue Rosalita’s story eventually, but for the moment the priority is to get Ubara finished as I originally thought it would be ready to publish at the end of last year, but once book 5 is done and dusted... :)

      - Emma x

      Delete
  2. Emma,

    Glad to see you back, I had thought that a slave girl was being displeasing. Thanks for the Daughter of Gor stories

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A slave girl would never want to be displeasing, Mistress. I’m glad you’re enjoying Daughter of Gor. :)

      Delete
  3. Emma,

    I find it interesting that both you and Olga used a man turned into a woman, (either voluntarily or involuntarily) as the main character in your writings. Seeing that you followed on from Olga did you just think that was a good idea, or had you had that idea anyway?


    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olga’s story was the inspiration for the transformation of Emma, Mistress. I was actually in the process of writing a Gor book which was going to be called Warlords of Gor with the main protagonist being an ordinary woman from Earth recruited as an agent of the Kurii, but after reading Daughter of Gor I decided to use the concepts she had introduced instead as it offered new possibilities. The link between our respective works will be a bit clearer, Mistress, when you read the final chapters of Daughter. Obviously if you’ve read Mistress of Gor then you know already that Udumi ends up on Earth by the end of Olga’s book. :)

      Delete
  4. Emma,

    I did read Mistress of Gor, but there have been so many characters that I have forgotten them all.

    Anyway I better sign myself off in Gorean style and give my home town.

    What I do want is pdfs of Norman's last 10 or so books, I do not have Kindle, and would much rather have a printed book, but think that Amazon's prices are ridiculous.


    Donna of Dover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m probably getting closer to Game of Thrones for the number of supporting characters... I am thinking of putting together a who’s who reference page for long suffering readers, Mistress, so you can check names that sound familiar but you can’t recall who they are.

      And yes, Mistress, the print books are pretty expensive. I prefer print too, but many of the recent ones I have as kindle copies because it makes reference work easier for my part. Amazon does have some of the print editions at reasonable prices from time to time. Right now for example you can buy a print copy of book 31, Conspirators, for £4.50 which is a good deal.

      Delete
  5. Emma,

    Do not forget that you brought Racheal back into play at the end of 2017, so do we see her again?

    Donna of Dover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mistress, but not in Ubara of Gor. Rachel will get her own stand alone novella again picking up a couple of years from the Christmas one. I'm running her story in parallel with Emma as things begin to get worse for her. All I'll say is she's still on Earth and Earth by now is beginning to go all 'Handmaid's Tale' now that the Kurii have a lot of influence there. Dark years are coming as the Priest Kings concentrate all their resources on maintaining Gor...

      Delete
  6. Ah, when I'm getting a bit depressed and bored with life, it's maybe time for me to revisit the bracing atmosphere of collar, chains and whips (and so much more) that is Gor, and particularly Emma's version. Good to know you're back on track writing!

    I endorse everything you say about Olga Turlovna's marvellous 'Daughter of Gor', and would urge anyone who hasn't read it yet to do so. When I've finished typing this I'm going to look at ChloeK's art for it - should be delicious, like all Chloe's work.

    BTW if you reply to this, Emma, please don't address me as 'master'. Though I present as male, if you've seen my deviantArt page you'll know I've really no right to that title...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, PL, it's really good to hear from you after so long! Chloe and I have been missing your excellent comments on our stories! Where have you been?

      You do realise that if you're not a master that makes you a kajirus then? That's the way it is around here, slave boy. :)

      Delete
  7. Yes, but a '-rus' who rather wishes he was a '-ra' :) That's how I first came across Olga's work, on Fictionmania. It was the Gor novel I'd hoped for for thirty years, where a man becomes a woman and then becomes a slave girl...

    I'm flattered that you and ChloeK remember me. I still post 'captions' on deviantArt (about three of which have some connexion to Gor), and occasional comments on Fictionmania. However I only now Type withi one finger - I have some problems in my hands - and also my eyrsight is not very good at the moment, so I only type very slowly. But I still hope to leave some helpful comments for you and ChloeK.

    ReplyDelete