Friday 23 August 2019

The Slave World (34) - the final chapter!

(34): Rage against the dying of the light

With the first gunshot the field in the New Forest erupted into chaos. Andromedus was dead, just like that and he never saw it coming. To their credit the Goreans reacted quickly. One man snapped the safety off his weapon and sprayed semi-automatic fire in the rough direction of the rifle shot. As he did so another man screamed and was flung backwards as a second rifle shot shattered his right shoulder.


“Run!” screamed Adam to me as he tried and failed to lift himself from the ground.

“I'm not leaving you!” I cried as I tried to take his weight against my shoulder.

“Mark will cover you! Just run!” And then Adam used the last of his strength to push me away. I stumbled on the wet ground and heard more gunfire erupting around the heathland as Goreans fired blindly, not knowing whether they faced one sniper or dozens. I should have run, I should have run to the tree line, trusting in Mark to pick off anyone trying to stop me, but I couldn't leave Adam. It was irrational of me I know.

One of the Goreans ignited a smoke grenade and flung it towards the direction of the rifle shots. Thick coils of smoke began to spread and disperse around us, making it more difficult for Mark to select precise targets.

I coughed as I breathed in a lungful of smoke from the grenade. A second one was thrown and detonated, dispersing even more coloured smoke. A bullet seemed to ricochet from the hull of the silver ship and now every Kur agent in the field was opening fire at the line of trees that stood twenty yards away from the landing position. The landing zone was actually a perfect field of fire, offering cover for Mark and an open space to shoot into. An abrupt scream to my left signalled that Mark had claimed another body.

Gunfire on semi-automatic is deafening if you’re surrounded by it. The noise combined with the smoke and my own surge of adrenalin made me lose focus. I reached for Adam’s hand but he struck it away and shouted angrily at me again. “Run, Caitlin! I can’t make it! Don't be fucking stupid!”

I was wasting precious time, I know I was, but I also knew that I had fallen in love with this man who had been my friend for several years, and I could not, would not leave him to die in a wet field in the New Forest now that I knew our future should be spent together. But then the choice was taken out of my hands as I felt a hand seize me by my hair. I screamed and flailed around with my hands, clawing at the man’s face as he twisted me off balance. I drew blood with my nails and managed to strike a weak off balance blow but I was then thrown to my belly and kicked in the head. I lay there dazed as I felt my hands pulled roughly behind my back. Again I was being braceleted. I struggled and swore but received a palm strike to my temple for my troubles. Now I really was delirious as I felt the steel cuffs lock around my wrists once more. I felt myself being hoisted to a kneeling position as the man then took hold of my steel collar and dragged me towards the ramp of the silver ship, choking the breath from my body as he pulled.

A fresh burst of adrenalin overcame my semi-concussion and I flailed with my legs, trying desperately to wrap them around something that might help me slow the man as he tried to drag me along the ground. Thick coils of coloured smoke obscured Mark’s line of sight to me but I heard rifle shots snapping past to strike the hull again. And then there was an ear splitting blast somewhere to my left as a flash bang went off. For a brief second there was a blinding flash of light, a concussive bang and I saw the field eerily illuminated in a strobe-like effect. And then my ears were ringing and it was semi-dark again. One of the Kurii men had fired his gun at the night sight generators, knocking out most of the eerie red light that illuminated the field. But he hadn’t taken out the last two spot lamps before a rifle bullet hit him smack in the chest.

In the brief moment of strobe daylight from the flash bang I had seen Adam painfully crawling towards me, but he was too injured to do anything to help. He was calling out to Mark, desperately shouting for his friend to save me. 'Don’t let them take her', he shouted, oblivious to his own safety. I saw a Kurrian raise his side arm and fire at Adam. The shots missed thanks again to the smoke and then Mark, wherever he was concealed, began to direct rifle shots at the man with the semi-automatic. He ducked down and Adam was momentarily safe again.

Throughout all of this I was being dragged relentlessly towards the open hatch of the silver ship. I dug my heels hard into the wet ground and applied the full weight of my body in resistance to the man as he dragged me by my collar. I dug my braceleted hands into the ground, clutching at the soil in the forlorn hope that I might snag a deep root and hold onto it. Maybe I did slow my movement, but not nearly enough. The Kurrians were retreating back towards the open hatch, firing forwards with enough firepower to make Mark take care. But then I saw movement through the thick coils of smoke that drifted with the wind to my left. The Kurrians saw it too and opened fire with hand guns but as quickly as the smoke revealed the running figure of Mark, it closed up again as the wind changed and he was gone. Mark was coming though. He was using the Kurrian smoke grenades as cover for his advance. I think he had discarded the rifle and now had a pistol in his right hand. There were three loud bangs from the right and one of the men close to me went down, shot twice in the chest.

I called out to Mark, shouting his name over and over again so he knew my position. I was so close to the hatch now, so close to the loading ramp.

And then the smoke cleared briefly for Adam to see me. The anguish in his face was palpable as he saw me about to be taken inside the star ship.

“You stay alive, Caitlin! You submit, do you hear? You be strong, you survive... You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I WILL find you! No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I WILL find you, Caitlin. I promise!”

I recognised the words of course. They were the words from the Last of the Mohicans, when Daniel Day Lewis delivered that impassioned speech to Cora, knowing she was about to be captured – the words that had such a profound effect on me as a young teenage girl. The words that I had described to Adam that morning when we ate breakfast together. The words that Adam had chosen in order to give me hope. Tears ran down my cheeks as I nodded.

How could I not love this man?

I was on the lower ramp now, being hauled up, the collar choking me as the Kurrian gripped it with his left hand while simultaneously firing a pistol out into the dense smoke ahead of him, aiming randomly at a target he couldn't see. The ramp was metal grilled and tightly spaced and it felt rough against my buttocks and back as I was hauled up it a foot at a time. I dug the fingers of my chained hands in between the narrow spaces of the metal grille and held on for dear life. But when the pressure on my throat from the choke collar proved too much and I couldn’t breathe, my fingers slipped and I was hauled up another couple of feet. I screamed Mark’s name again so he knew I was part way up the ramp, and thought I saw a figure briefly silhouetted in the smoke as gun shots rang out again over my head towards the doorway.

“Fucking bitch of a kajira!” swore the Kurrian as he clubbed at my head with the butt of his pistol. The blow rendered me senseless again for a few moments as I was hauled two thirds of the way up the ramp. Two of the Kurrians guarded the bottom of the ramp firing indiscriminately into the smoke. The constant staccato bursts of gun fire and the accompanying muzzle flashes added to a pounding headache I now felt.

And then I was dragged over the threshold, my upper body inside the silver ship. Now I screamed even louder, for I knew once I was inside the hull and the doors slammed shut I would be lost. I felt the man pull me to my feet as he fumbled and ejected a spent clip from his pistol. He had to let go of me momentarily to slap a fresh clip into the gun, and as soon as he did that I ran back out the hatch.

“Stop that fucking kajira!” was all he managed to say before three shots from Mark punched his body backwards. One of the two remaining men guarding the ramp swatted me with his gun barrel and I fell back, my face bloodied. Another man, one of the crew inside the silver ship, emerged from the hatch and seized me by my hair. As the men below emptied their guns into the swirling smoke the crewman dragged me back through the hatch.

The two gunmen now fell back, retreating up the ramp as they continued to lay down suppressive fire ahead of themselves. I was raised to my feet once more as the gunmen broke and ran for the cover of the interior. As soon as they were inside with me the crewman thumped a button beside the door which closed the doorway. I screamed and threw myself directly at him, biting into his neck with my teeth. I bit deep like an animal and suddenly the man was flailing around and screaming, “get this fucking kajira off me!” Again I was clubbed on the head with a butt of a gun, and I had to release my bite hold. The injured crewman threw me hard against the interior hull, but in doing so he had thrown me close to the hatch controls. I thumped the button with my shoulder and was rewarded by the doorway springing open again.

“Close that fucking hatch!”

But before anyone could, a grenade was thrown into the open space. It landed with a metallic clunk bounced once and then exploded, filling the cramped space with tear gas. We were all choking now, blinded, retching, and I felt myself grabbed by the hair and pulled as gun shots came through the open doorway. The man ran at full speed, dragging me along the floor towards an interior bulkhead door.

The man dragging and choking me by the back of my collar was the only man who made it through the interior door alive. My last glimpse of Mark was a dim figure wearing a breathing mask and shrouded in clouds of tear gas as he gunned down the other Gorean. The man holding me threw me across the floor as he closed and locked the internal door. I then felt him kick me hard in the ribs. He was swearing at me too but I couldn’t make out what he was saying. I could however make out where I was and that was in the cargo hold. Rows of plexi-glass capsules housed in recessed alcoves lined both of the long walls. Two crew members were in the process of finalising the cryogenic settings as they gazed at the injured gunman.

“What is happening?” said one of the crewmen.

“It’s a bloodbath. We’re under attack. Andromedus is dead and possibly most of the men in the field outside. There must be dozens of men firing on us.” He kicked me again. “This bitch is going to suffer. Give me a whip.”

“There are no whips in here,” said the crewman.

“Fuck.” He simply kicked me again and this time I think I felt a rib break.

“Stop that,” said the crewman. “She’s valuable cargo. What have you done to her?”

I could feel blood in my hair oozing out from a scalp wound. God knows what the rest of me looked like after all the kicks and punches and blows from pistol butts that I’d endured.

“Nothing more than she deserved. Put her in a capsule and launch this ship. We’ve been boarded.”

“Boarded?” The crewman looked alarmed.

“Yes, but whoever is out there is confined to the loading bay. They can’t breach this door. Once we’re in deep space we’ll purge the ship's air supply. Either that or dock alongside Helios and let the Kurii eat him.”

The crewman nodded. Men unlocked the slave bracelets on my wrists prior to being placed in a capsule as the senior crewman moved to an intercom and ordered an emergency evac protocol. “Put that kajira in a suspension tube,” he said as he finished communicating with the cabin.

I sprang suddenly to my feet and ran to the far side of the room where there was another door but it was locked. I ignored the blinding pain in my head, the blurred vision and the pain in my legs and ribs as I picked up a large wrench easily two feet long and began to smack it into an important looking control panel. I don’t know what damage I did if any, but the men were on me quickly enough, pulling me back, pulling the wrench from my hands. I spat and swore and clawed at the face of one of them as he took hold of my body. My nails found an eye socket and I was rewarded by a shrill scream as I dug in deep, swearing some more, kicking out with my legs at another man who approached. He punched me hard in the stomach and I lost my grip on the eye socket, but my fingers felt sticky now. Another punch hit me hard in the face. I tasted more blood but I kicked out again. Another punch and I felt my upper front teeth break and then I was thrown across the floor as I heard screams from the man I’d gouged at. I was close to the suspension capsules and I saw rows of women lying upright in the tubes at a forty five degree angle, among them a naked Rebecca Miles and Kassa dressed in a modest chemise. They all seemed asleep. And then the men came at me together. I crouched, unable to stand and I howled at them as they dragged me by my arms, my feet pushing back as they dragged me inexorably to an open cylinder.

“Let's just shoot the bitch,” cried the man with the bleeding eye.

“Shut up,” said the other crewman. “Do you want to tell Kerwin that we had to kill a valuable girl because the three of us couldn’t overpower her?”

“No,” said the half blinded man. He seemed afraid of the name.

And then I felt a strange lurching sensation and I realised with a start that the ship was moving. We were lifting up and after a second or two the feeling stabilised. I could hear no roar of engines or thrum of rotors but we were moving. Somehow I sensed that. We were leaving the flat scrubland of the New Forest behind and rising rapidly away from Earth.

“Stop fighting us, you bitch!” screamed one of the two men holding me as the half blinded man clutched his injured face.

“Fuck you!” I screamed and bit at his arm. I tore at his arm with what was left of my teeth and felt my head pulled back again by a hand in my hair. Yard by yard I was pulled, beaten and punched until I reached the open cylinder. I screamed Mark’s name, not knowing whether he could hear me in the loading bay on the other side of the inner bulkhead. And even if he could hear me, what could he do? I snapped with my teeth at thin air and threw myself backwards and forwards in their combined grip until my back was forced down inside the capsule. Even then I continued to fight, using every last drop of adrenalin I had in me.

“Just get in the fucking capsule, slut!” swore one of the two men who had forced my body into the tube. But I was keeping my arms and legs free of the capsule, meaning they couldn’t close it until I was completely inside. They were finding it nearly impossible to seize all four of my limbs simultaneously, force them into the open cylinder and then close it quickly enough before I could thrust a leg out again.

“Will someone get a fucking sedative for this slut!”

“To hell with this,” screamed the man with one bleeding eye. He drew and cocked a hand gun. “I’m going to kill the fucking bitch. I don’t care what Kerwin thinks. Get out of the way.”

“Put the gun down,” shouted the other crewman as he let go of me. That was enough for me to swing an arm and a leg out of the tube as the third man tried in vain to get my whole body inside. A shot rang out and hit the inside of the cylinder inches from where my head lay.

“Put that fucking gun away!” swore the second crewman as he pulled his own gun out.

“Don't tell me what to do!” shouted the one eyed man. Moments later there were two more shots and the crewman who had pulled his own gun was flung backwards, shot dead by the one eyed man. Immediately in response the remaining Kurrian drew his own side arm and shot the one eyed man four times in quick succession. I sprang from the cylinder and launched myself at the remaining Gorean, punching his face repeatedly with the palm of my hand and knocking the pistol from his grip.

Despite my frenzied attack he threw me across the floor. I skidded to a halt against one of the cylinders, spitting blood as he picked up the discarded spanner wrench and came at me. I threw myself across the floor, reaching for one of the dropped guns but felt the wrench smack me in the side of my body before I could reach the weapon.

Now he pounded me mercilessly with his fists until I lay there beaten and bloodied. He kicked the pistols aside and dragged me back to the cylinder, leaving a trail of blood in my wake. I had no strength left to resist him and so I was thrust body and limbs into the cylinder and with a hiss of compressed gas felt the cylinder case close shut around me. The vertical tube then tilted up forty five degrees until it was able to slide into a recess like the others. I sobbed, slapping at the clear plexiglass with the palms of my hands. I was on my way to Gor. I struck as hard as I could but my strength and consciousness was already fading. Some odourless gas was no doubt being introduced inside this glass prison.

My body began to succumb to the gas and my hands, wet with blood, slipped slowly down the sides of the glass. I pressed my forehead to the surface of the tube, weeping, for I had come so close.

My eyelids felt so heavy. So very heavy,

No! I had to stay awake! I stabbed my broken nails into the flesh of my hands trying to sharpen myself with pain, but it was no good. Slowly my eyelids closed like immovable shutters. I felt light headed with a sense of blissful euphoria.

And then nothing seemed to matter any more.

Seconds later I was gone.

And across the vastness of space an infinitesimally small speck of silver dust sailed silently down the black corridor towards the far side of the sun...



The end of The Slave World, but not necessarily the end for Caitlin Ambrose and her friends...




51 comments:

  1. And to think i thought the last chapter went at breakneck speed. This was just impossible to stop reading. This is why i love illistrating Emma's stories so much; i kist love reading them :)
    Pòor Cat, on her way to Gor and nothing she can do about it. She put up a bloody good fight though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "just love reading them". Stupid autocorrect. Is kist even a word?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be a Gorean word I haven't invented yet. Maybe a snarling threat one slave girl hisses at another when they're warning one another off. :)

      Delete
    2. Apparently it is, of Scottish derivation, meaning a chest in which clothes were stored. Never let it be said this site isn't educational...

      Jack of Sterling

      Delete
  3. Mick of Milford23/08/2019, 05:58

    *Slowly lets out a long breath*

    This story really had me hooked from the very beginning. So, one of the outcomes I had started thinking about at the end of Chapter 26 did come to pass. Poor Cat! I sure was wrong about her becoming intimidated We are all proud of you Cat and we know you will be a survivor and overcome in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat can hold her head up with pride. :)

      Delete
  4. I have been riveted to the spot with interest all summer.And now you leave us all on tenderhooks with an ending like that. Just like you did with Shadows of Gor.I dont know whether to thank you or beat your hips leg ass with a switch for adrenaline pumping cliffhangers like this. Its like the old Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers stuff from Saturday morning kids tv in the 70s only sooo much better. I think I will wake Buttercup up and she can *relief my stress and tension* for me.

    David of Abertawe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Master. I am influenced heavily by the format and structure of TV shows, comic books and roleplaying games - all three formats of course being open ended sagas with cliffhanger points. I write my novels as if they are year long seasons of a TV show that may then be renewed for another year on the network. A strong influence on my writing was the structure Joss Whedon developed in Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the 1990s is respect of character development, multiple story lines, set pieces, season long story arcs and so on.

      Delete
    2. I guess that's why we did the "coming soon" gif under the banner of GBO (Gor Box Office)

      Delete
  5. Yes I see. I was into D and D, Runequest 2000AD and was happy to replace Tolkien with Gor in my early years at secondary school.The White Dwarf magazine covers where also influential as was Princess Ardala and Colonel Deering in the Gil Gerard Buck Rogers. That is repeated on Forces TV at present.
    Buttercup still muses why I bought/picked her as an auburn when the other girls were brunette. I tell her it is because Lady Florence was auburn in the Jason Marshall Trilogy. ... and auburns cost more at auction and have a higher re-sale value when you want to part exchange for a newer model with a different colouring. *throws breakfast crockery back at Buttetcup and grabs switch from storage tray*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps master would like a slave training guide, with helpfully remarks from two experienced kajirae:)

      Delete
    2. I think that is an excellent suggestion. As Tywin Lannister said 'Wisdom is the greatest attribute. Listen to the advice of others even when you think yuo know better then them' or something similar.

      But to be honest Buttercup is usually very very well behaved. She has the occasional temper tantrum and even the wonderful Emma herself is guilty of those more often than she should be.

      David of Aberrtawe

      Delete
    3. All these reminders of the wonderful Lady Florence - I'm going to have to re-read Fighting Slave some time soon. I've actually got a rare hardback copy of it. That and Kajira came out in hardback in the UK and I found them both in a second hand shop years ago.

      Delete
    4. Buttercup is very lucky to have auburn hair, Master. As are you for owning such a valuable slave. :) I've seen the way Brinn looks at auburn haired girls...

      Delete
  6. Tal Emma,

    Many thanks for an excellent end to the story, we are all no doubt wondering what the sequel will be.

    Donna of Dover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know a few things, Mistress about the sequel – just things that will be obvious in the opening chapter entitled 'Starless and Bible Black' so not much of a spoiler really.

      Cat destroyed the electronic system for opening, closing and locking interior bulkhead doors when she smashed a control panel with the heavy wrench. This means the doors automatically reverted to a manual system where they can now be opened with the turning of a wheel (a safety protocol so that people wouldn't be trapped inside the ship).

      After Cat is drugged and goes to sleep, Mark discovers none of the bulkhead doors are locked any more. Bad news for the surviving Kurii agents on board...

      Cat wakes up when she is revived by Mark on a silent ship cruising through space on a pre-programmed flight path with the last couple of Kurii agents killed by Mark. The other girls are still drugged in their suspended animation capsules, including Kassa and Rebecca.

      The ship is now locked on its last automated emergency flight path to a Kur space station called Helios orbiting the sun because the ship had been boarded and the Kur agents decided they needed help. Mark has no idea how to fly a silver ship of course and doesn't dare touch any of the controls to try to change its course setting.

      The ship is going to dock with Helios and it will then be boarded.

      With all the other Kur agents dead, Mark decides to pose as the sole survivor (from the House of the Three Moons who ran on board the ship for safety) putting Cat back in her capsule so that she can be revived with all the other girls when they reach Helios. Mark has no idea what he is going to do when the ship arrives except play it by ear and pretend to be the cruel captor of all the slave girls on board. Cat will have to play along for the time being until Mark can figure something out.

      That's essentially going to be the situation in chapter one, but you won't see it for a while yet.

      *gazes at you with a 'by the way did you know I love baklava' style expression*

      Delete
    2. Tal Emma,

      I know you love baklava and Tal-na-da, so you can have 2 pieces of Baklava and a dish or Tal-na-da. Any drunkenness will earn you the whip.

      I had wondered if they make it back to Earth whenever you write Exiles of Gor?

      Donna of Dover

      Delete
    3. More baklava! :) Thank you Mistress. *gazes at my small stack of baklava that is growing all the time* I'm not sure what tal-na-da is? Did you mean ka-la-na?

      Delete
  7. Good for Cat! Though not entirely successful, she made quite an accounting for herself, more warrior than kajira.

    I look forward to the next part of her story, well done Emma. Extra baklava for you. Though I may have to take it away if you plan to keep us waiting too long to see more of Cat....

    Jack of Sterling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd better eat my new baklava stash quickly then, just in case... ;)

      Delete
    2. And thank you for the extra baklava, Master! *quickly adds it to my stash and gazes round to see if any other master or mistress might be tempted to offer some...*

      Delete
    3. Baklava? *Looks at the plate of home made fudge in his hands*. Darn it - I always get these things wrong...

      While I did enjoy that fic, and look forward to sequel (however long that might be), I must confess my disappointment that the self-destruct switch in the hidden Priest-King safe house was never used. I was really looking forward to a big kaboom.

      Unlike the others, I am not that interested in a Kassa-specific fic. Although, if you write it, I am sure it will be well-done.

      Matt Harris

      Delete
    4. The self destruct switch was me setting up a 'Chekov's gun' thing and then deliberately not using it. It's fun to make some thing obvious and then do the opposite... Similarly I deliberately made it very obvious from early on that Mark and Adam were possibly Gorean/Priest King agents and this was deliberately obvious because many of you would be expecting some, and you'd then not even consider the possibility of Kassa being one. See how sneaky I am. ;)

      Delete
    5. You are indeed very sneaky. When Brinn gets you back, he needs to make sure you are much more closely watched.

      Matt Harris

      Delete
  8. Wow! It looks like Caitlin is headed for Gor, and hopefully we'll learn of her eventual fate in a sequel. She's definitely beaten, but not broken.

    It also looks like Marc may have found his ride back to Gor. With the breathing apparatus, he might be able to survive the purging of the loading bay.

    Thanks for sharing this excellent story with us.

    jonnieo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that Emma meant that Mark was wearing a gas mask so as not to be affected by the CD gas, anyway as the trip takes up to 8 weeks he will need food and water

    Donna of Dover

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great writing today as has been throughout this book. I suspect that the vial of Carousel has been secreted by Becky the slave where only a cavity search will reveal it.
    When Cat is off loaded, I fear she will pay dearly for her resistance. The shambles on the silver Ship and on the Blasted Heath will not at all please the Kurii.

    From the Priest Kings perspective, they would, I am sure, have been happier if Mark had not boarded the ship. He risks exposing Kassa as an agent if there is an investigation. And of course, had he remained on earth, he could have got Adam away from any police investigation, especially if Kur agents are involved. With Andromedus down, along with so many of his men, it would have been a grand time for a raid on the House of the Three Moons and a treasure of information on Kurii agents on earth. Well, using earth and gorean tools there is always the risk of the human and emotional element.
    Best Regards and congratulations on an excellent story well told,
    Northern Tracker
    PS, in regard to Emma;s TV show comment - I hope that the Story of Cat is renewed for another Season. NT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Master. I think it's fairly clear from the novel that Kassa's ultimate aim was to infiltrate the Kurii operation on Gor - something she was successful in doing. You can understand perhaps that whatever her feelings for Cat, the importance of her mission for the Priest Kings came first and she couldn't for example break cover by attempting to free Cat on Earth. On that basis Mark's independent actions attacking the silver ship posed a serious risk to Kassa ever getting to Gor and taking up her role there as a double agent. She was oblivious to the attack of course, being in the capsule by the time it began, but she wouldn't have been happy to know of it.

      Delete
  11. I am not sure that Mark and Kassa know each other, we know that the Priest King network is disurbted on Earth, so it is possible that they were working independently

    Donna of Dover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind answering that question, Mistress, as it will be made clear in the 'Starless and Bible Black' chapter. Mark has no idea that Kassa is a Priest King Agent (until Cat inevitably tells him). Kassa however knows that Mark and Adam are.

      Delete
  12. Darn it. Good ending, but not a happy one :_(

    Matt Harris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mick of Milford23/08/2019, 15:22

    One final thought, what becomes of our �� would make a nice subplot or secondary storyline in a future Kassa of Gor novel ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mick of Milford23/08/2019, 15:27

      Ah, the cat symbol didn't seem to appear in the comment, should say, "what becomes of our Cat"..

      Delete
    2. There does seem to be a demand for Kassa to get her own story. I guess I'll have to mark that down in the list of stories to write. :) It's always nice when a supporting character chimes well with the readers. Rachel was a classic example of that originally.

      Delete
    3. Tal Emma,

      Surely a kajira should refer to a Free Woman such as Lady Kassa as such?

      I will let either Chloe or Naomi decide on your punishment.

      Donna of Dover

      Delete
    4. *soft whimper* Mistress is of course correct. It should be Lady Kassa if I have to identify a free woman as anything but 'mistress'. a girl is very sorry, Mistress.

      Delete
    5. Mick of Milford25/08/2019, 17:23

      Good catch, Donna! We really need to keep a closer eye on Emma.

      Delete
    6. Tal Mick,

      It does seem to be an enduring fault of Emma's that she gets above her station in life, and forgets to address Free Women as Lady

      Donna of Dover

      Delete
    7. Tal masters and mistresses.

      I'm Naomi, first girl on the Larl of the Thassa. Thank you for bringing this latest incident to my attention. Emma has no excuses in this matter. She is an experienced kajira who obviously thinks far too highly of herself at times and seems to forget her place. Her offence was aggravated in my opinion when she tried to plead for mercy from me instead of simply accepting that a punishment would be necessary. I think she is too used to wheedling her way out of punishments with the men on the Larl which isn't good for discipline.

      Emma knows full well that as and when it is necessary for her to identify a particular mistress, she does not use just their name. The prefix Mistress or Lady must be applied, preferably the former. I would for example myself refer to Mistress Donna, if wishing to identify the graceful and dignified free woman. I should not be having to explain such a basic thing to a so-called pleasure slave who graduated from the pens of Banu Hashim as she is so fond of reminding us all.

      I tied her wrists above her head to the whipping post and lashed her with my crop about her ass and thighs once for each letter of the name 'Lady Kassa', twice more for trying to make excuses to me and twice more for each of the offended parties – Mistress Donna of Dover and Master Mick of Milford. She was crying uncontrollably by the time the last blow fell.

      She will spend the night in close chains which will prove to be extremely uncomfortable for her.

      I have told her that if a free woman is offended by her again, the next punishment will be far more severe. I think you will find this kajira will be working overtime to be pleasing to Mistress Donna in future.

      I wish you well, masters and mistresses.

      - Naomi, first girl on the Larl of the Thassa

      Delete
    8. Greetings masters and mistresses, it is Naomi again.

      I should perhaps add, because I have stressed this to Emma during her whipping, that the use of the word 'Lady' by a slave as a prefix to a mistress's name should in actual fact be 'the Lady'. For a slave to refer to, say, 'Lady Donna of Dover', assumes to my mind some degree of familiarity which is not becoming in a slave. A free man might for example refer to 'Lady Donna' as they are both free.

      I feel a slave should make clear the detached gulf between a kajira and a free woman who is a million times above the kajira in status. I therefore feel a slave should refer to a free woman as 'the Lady Donna' – the addition of the word 'the' making it clear that they are not equals and that there is no degree of familiarity between them. The word 'the' adds a certain distance between the slave girl and the lofty mistress and differentiates from the way a free man might for example greet or refer to Mistress Donna.

      For example, Emma might say, 'the Lady Donna had me whipped for my insolence to the Lady Kassa. I deserved every stroke of the switch and I will strive to be more pleasing in future.'

      (this is indeed what she is required to say if asked why her ass is striped so red today)

      The addition of the prefix 'the' is not necessary when referring to 'Mistress Donna' as that is in itself a slave form of expression.

      I hope this simple rule I apply on the Larl meets with the approval of Mistress Donna.

      - Naomi, first girl on the Larl of the Thassa.

      Delete
    9. Tal Naomi,

      Well done and I hope that you keep up Emma's education. You may have either a dish of Tal-na-da or a cup of the Black Wine of Thentis.

      In the past I have thought that sending errant slave girls out for a 15 pasang run was a good idea. It has, however, occurred to me, that they must be escorted on firstly ensure they put in the necessary effort, and secondly that they are not stolen by passing tarnsmen. To this end, I consider that we should use a treadmill, with the offending slave spending some hours on it. It should have a deice for recording the number of revolutions of the wheel, and the time taken. The Master/Mistress or First Girl could simply lock the offending slave to the treadmill and say go, walk away and come back some ahn later. Record the time taken and number of revolutions, if this was displeasing or if the slave had been on the treadmill previously and has not exceeded the amount of revolutions done on previous attempts then a short sharp whipping could be applied to spur them on.

      I appreciate Chloe is busy, but she might like to desogn such a treadmill.

      Donna of Dover

      Delete
    10. Mick of Milford26/08/2019, 15:29

      Tal Naomi,

      I also would like to commend you for maintaining proper discipline and respect among the blonde barbarians. I have advised Yishana you are worthy of a reward.

      I am unaware of your opinion of Baklava, however I located Emma's stash and have transferred it into your possession for safekeeping. If Emma had consumed all those calories, it would have been necessary to either have her run laps around the deck or perhaps be put to work bailing out the bilge water.

      Delete
    11. Greetings mistress Donna.
      On master Brinn's estate there are many more options available than on board ship. Latrine cleaning and grinding flour are two that most of the girls hate. They also claim to hate being given to male slaves for the night, but I'm not convinced that's much of a punishment.
      While I'm sure a treadmill would be effective, I think it'd be interesting to have it as it's original function as well, though it might require more than one slave to move the heavy quirn stone.

      Delete
    12. I was thinking along the lines of these images, sorry I cannot paste an image into here

      https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=31F0C5E9EF093D0913A61A4E362B4BBBA8AB3086&thid=OIP.FtY0pzUOMpkD19EwF_XLBAHaED&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chaostrophic.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F10%2FTreadmill-Prison-Punishment.jpg&exph=411&expw=750&q=prison+treadmill+images&selectedindex=5&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=0&ccid=FtY0pzUO&simid=608009021333176382

      Donna of Dover

      Delete
    13. Thank you masters and mistresses. I have cut up Emma's stash of baklava into smaller pieces and distributed the pieces to all the girls on the Larl who appreciated the sweet treat. As a first girl I like to lead by example and my girls know they share in the rewards aboard ship as well as the punishments if they fail to be pleasing. I will however gladly accept the small pa of ka-la-na for myself alone.

      As regards the treadmill construction, Mistress, I am afraid there would be no room for it aboard a ramship. Space on board ship is at a premium and we are so cramped that the men who serve the Ubara are not even permitted to own personal slave girls as there would be no room for them.

      - Naomi, first girl aboard the Larl of the Thassa.

      Delete
    14. Tal Naomi,

      I understand the lack of space aboard the ship. If there is a slave barracks when you are back on land, it could be constructed there and errant slave girls would know for several days before hand what they would be doing on land. You will notice my comments about the slave formerly known as Emma in the comments on Chloe's sirik display.

      Donna of Dover

      Delete
  14. Mick of Milford23/08/2019, 22:51

    Tal Emma,

    You are a naughty, naughty girl revealing those spoilers and then telling us we won't be seeing the sequel for a while yet. I must check up on whether being a big tease is an offense worthy of punishment.

    Chloe probably could offer an opinion based on her experience as First Girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A kajira is meant to be a little bit teasing, Master. It's what we do after all, and do so well. ;)

      Delete
  15. Tal, Emma,

    This was another great story, with a great ending, if a terribly sad one. At least Cat can be proud. They got her in her tube, but she put up a real fight. And of course... it's cliffhanger! Does that really count as an "ending"?

    It's good to know a sequel is in the works. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for your early hints. I hope Adam is okay, and doesn't fall victim to any surviving Kur agents scattered around the landing site. With all the chaos, I imagine he could slip away, even in his battered state.

    And I'm not sue I can fault Cat for begging Mark to help her during that game of girl catch... Even though she said that was when it all went wrong, the alternative was just too much to bear.

    I have just a small piece of baklava that I stashed away to enjoy later, chain-sister, but you're welcome to it.

    --Tayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, chain-sis. I haven't decided what happens to Adam yet after the silver ship departs. That much gunfire will eventually bring an armed police response. Whether they find Adam remains to be seen. He will have quite a bit of time to slink away, but he is badly injured.

      I've accumulated quite a bit of baklava it seems so I'd feel really bad taking your single piece as well. Enjoy it yourself, chain-sis. :)

      Delete