Saturday 24 August 2019

Inspiration

One of the main inspirations for writing a Panther Girl novel (I don't really count 'Panther Girl of Gor' as that was only nominally involving the panther girls) is a series of pictures that used to exist on the Deviant Art site by 'tasastock'.


tasastock was a UK based girl called Claire who used to take the most amazing photos of action poses (of herself I think) for artists to use in producing composite pictures. These photos were always taken against a white background to make it easy to cut and lift the action pose.

One series of photos she did was an amazing costumed set of poses as a forest huntress and I thought wow, these would make amazing panther girl pictures. Sadly I only saved a handful to my computer thinking they would always be around on the Internet and then in late 2017 Claire decided to shut up shop and removed all her photos so i'm missing quite a few.

These days I don't assume resources will always be available on the Internet, which is one of the reasons why I have copies of the map of Gor and the language dictionary on my site as well as the original sites.

Claire's 'huntress' series of photos were incredible and I've posted a montage of five of them here as examples of what the PoV panther girl protagonist will look like in my yet to be named panther girl story.

You can see why men like to hunt panther girls, can't you? ;)

3 comments:

  1. Mick of Milford24/08/2019, 16:04

    Thank you Emma, for sharing some of your sources of inspiration here and elsewhere. I was delighted to learn that Kassa was based on an actual person. I found myself wondering how you came up with the ideas for a lot of your material ( besides having a wonderful imagination and talent, of course ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely set of pictures.

    ReplyDelete