Monday 29 July 2019

The Slave World (12)


(12): Slave lessons

“Caitlin?” asked the girl with a soft smile. “You are Caitlin, yes?”

I had recognised her the moment I had been led back upstairs into the tiled room on the ground floor that overlooked the garden where Udumi had first locked the collar and ankle ring about my body. The curvaceous girl kneeling in tower on the tiled floor was Kandi, the girl whose blog posts had led me to this place.


And oh, what a dreadful mistake that had been.

“Tu pavi Kay-linn,” said Kimina to Kandi as she unclipped my leash and once again unlocked my slave bracelets. I rubbed my sore wrists in relief as Kimina had used a very tight set of bracelets. It seemed standard protocol that new slaves were moved about the house in a security arrangement of collar leash and back bracelets.

“Su Domina,” replied Kandi. I guessed from the nod of her head that su was Gorean for yes and domina had to mean mistress.

“It's so good to see you, Caitlin,” said Kandi as the first girl left the room and closed the door behind her. No doubt I would find it locked if I tried the handle. “Isn't this place everything I promised it would be? Have you ever felt more submissive and owned? Isn't it amazing?”

“Kandi...” I knelt down next to her, not even trying to conceal my fear and anxiety. “This is way past any point of consent I might have implied. These people don't even care whether I've agreed to any of this!”
“I know, isn't it wonderful?” She touched my thigh with her hand as she spoke. “They treat us like genuine slaves! It was a shock to me at first too, and like you I made my objections clear, for all the good it did me, but the changes in my master!” Her eyes seemed excited, on fire even. “My submission to him is climbing whole new levels. The things he is learning from these men! You will see such a change in your master too. It won't take long. Soon you will hardly recognise the way he used to be.”

“Kandi, I don't want this. They've locked a ring around my ankle. I can't remove it. They won't remove it.”

“Oh, I have that too.” She showed me hers. “I know, it's intolerable, isn't it?” she said with a delighted smile. “That they can do that to us? But so thrilling too. Like you I cannot remove it, and my master refuses to remove it! He simply said no when I insisted. When I realised he meant it, and that nothing I might say could change his mind... It was my first real lesson that my opinions didn't matter any more. How incredibly liberating it felt! And yes, it can be very restrictive once your master understands its possibilities. The 'leash' setting is particularly effective. He electronically leashes me to him when we walk, with a maximum radius of fifteen feet. Gone are the days when I might dawdle or stop to window shop. I'm always conscious of where he is now and how close I need to be to him. It makes it difficult to think of anything but him when we are outside together.”

“I need to speak to Adam,” I said urgently. “How can I find him?”

“You'll be taken to him soon,” she said. “Once I've prepared you and taught you a few things to help you to be pleasing.”

“Pleasing? I don't want to be pleasing, I just need to talk to Adam!”

She laughed softly and shook her head. “You have so much to learn, kajira Caitlin. I will help you. But first, kneel in nadu.” She patted the tiled floor.

“What? No.” Kneeling in nadu would mean my thighs would be parted wide and with the hemline of this chemise being what it was...

“Caitlin, please, surely you understand that your life has changed now? You must realise you have no choice in the matter? That's what being a kajira is all about.”

“I didn't ask for this!”

“Perhaps not, but your master did when he made arrangements to bring you here. Be under no illusions – he was told precisely what would happen to you.”

She had no idea of course that that wasn't the case when it came to Adam.

“Adam didn't ask for this! He doesn't want me to be treated like this!”

“Oh? Are you really so sure of that, Caitlin? I expect your master is probably enjoying himself as we speak and he looks forward to seeing you once we teach you to be pleasing. When he sees the sort of kajira you can become he will not be relaxing his control over you any time soon, quite the opposite. Men want us on our knees in collars and chains before them. It's a thrilling thought.”

For fuck's sake. Kajira Kandi was even more of a basket case than I had expected from reading her web page.

“You and I are secret slaves now,” said Kandi. “We can walk the streets of London, wear the clothing permitted to us by our masters, carry on with our jobs, our families, our friends, all the things we have been used to, but underneath it all we will wear our ankle rings and we will be subject to Gorean discipline and no one we meet will necessarily know. Your friends that you meet for lunch, they will not know your secret unless you tell them that you are now kajira, and that you are owned and your life is no longer yours to decide. There are many secret slaves in London now. You would be surprised Caitlin. You may have passed some of them as you've walked to work or taken a tube or shopped in a department store – women who appeared outwardly to be free, but underneath it all they wear a kef on their thigh and they return home to kneel before their master naked and serve him when their day is done.”

“This can't be happening... this is England in the twenty first century. Women can't be slaves in London!”

“And yet you are a slave now, Caitlin. You have a master. The precious freedoms you have in future will be the freedoms permitted by your master. No more, no less.”

“Kandi, please, I need to see Adam.”

“The sooner you kneel in nadu...”

I knelt in nadu with my thighs apart. I felt degraded, but at least there weren't men here to see me like this. I had to put up with Kandi fussing over my position, correcting it a little and moving my shoulders and placing a hand to the flat of my stomach to encourage the right pose.

“Now, the first thing I want you to learn is 'la kajira'.”

“It means I am a slave girl – I know the phrase,” I said bitterly.

“Then say the words. A kajira must acknowledge her bondage. Only then can she move forward.”

“La kajira,” I said, growing more resentful at this treatment by the second. “La fucking kajira.”

“Now say 'Cas kajira por aspin servall, dominus?' That means how may a slave be of service, master?”

I repeated the words and Kandi made me repeat them several more times, correcting my clumsy pronunciation.

“Now another phrase is 'La vera servassi'. That means I beg to serve. Say it.”

Again I repeated the words, my stomach churning in anger. Did she really want this? Did she really want to be treated this way, because I certainly didn't. Once I was away from this house I would have the fucking ankle ring cut from my leg and then I'd rain all hell down on these men.

As the hours wore on Kandi continued to school me in basic Gorean, teaching me further words and phrases. I found myself having to concentrate hard because she would test me soon after and if I made a mistake she would take me back to the first lesson and start over again. All I wanted to do now was to find Adam and get the hell out of this place. I wanted my comfortable bed and I wanted this collar and ankle ring gone.

And a bath. I wanted a warm relaxing bath.

She then produced an empty goblet and began to teach me how to serve a man while I knelt before him. “You will be doing this with your master,” she explained. “You are his personal property and he will probably call you to serve him in preference to the slaves attached to the house. We are very lucky to have personal masters, Caitlin. The house slaves will be very jealous of you.”

“Why?” I asked as I reluctantly practised holding and presenting the goblet in what I was told was a graceful and feminine manner.

“Because the life of a house slave is close to drudgery. We have a relationship with our masters that is precious. You will learn to love your personal collar and be proud to be owned by your master.”

“Wait, these house slaves... these women with the different collars to us, they live here? In this house? They don't go home?”

“That's right. Hold your arms straighter than that when you present the goblet and lower your eyes. Your back should remain straight. And smile, Caitlin. Please smile. You are supposed to be happy to serve your master.”

“Oh fuck this!” I threw the goblet to the floor and rose to my feet, much to the shocked expression of Kandi. “I want to leave. I want this ankle ring taken off, and I want to see Adam.” I walked straight to the door and turned the handle. The door didn't budge. “They fucking locked us in?!” I pounded at the door in anger, but there was no response.

“The doors and walls are sound proofed.” said Kandi. “No one can hear you.”

I hurried to the bay windows that looked out into the floodlit garden where I had earlier seen the two men and the veiled woman walking. I thumped my fists against the glass and heard a dull sound as I did so. There was a man outside near the bushes and with a sense of shock I saw he was holding a gun. It looked like a military rifle of some sort. He gazed in my direction but didn't move as I pressed my face and hands to the glass. He had obviously seen this sort of display of rage in a woman before.

“The glass too is sound proofed,” she said. “It is security glass. And as you can see there is a man outside.”

“I have people who know I'm here!” I said in anger. “Let me out now! You have to let me out!”

Kandi simply waited patiently on the tiled floor, kneeling in tower as I raged and ran from wall to wall, window to door, shouting and screaming. Eventually I tired and stopped.

“Caitlin, I understand this is your first night and that you are confused by how real this is, but if you do not come back and kneel beside me again I will have to tell Kimina how you behaved when she returns. We still have to perfect your serving positions, teach you a few more words of Gorean, and then I will have to make you slave beautiful.” She indicated a selection of expensive cosmetics on a nearby table.

“Slave beautiful?” I looked at the cosmetics – lipstick, eye shadow, eye liner, liquid foundation, powder, mascara, and perfume.

“Do you commonly use cosmetics on a daily basis?” asked Kandi.

“No. No I don't. Sometimes a bit of eye liner, but...”

She smiled. “Then pay attention tonight because I suspect once your master sees how beautiful you can be with full heavy makeup, he will probably tell you to make yourself that way every morning from now on.”

The horror continued to grow inside my gut, churning away like acid. This couldn't be happening. This was insane.

“I don't wear full makeup,” I said simply.

“But you will do so if your master wants you to. You don't have any choice in the matter. Now please kneel and serve with the goblet again. We must get your back straighter than before, and I want to see you thrust your breasts forward as you serve. The men like that.”

Soon my rehearsed serve seemed to satisfy Kandi and she turned instead to the cosmetics. I felt her exfoliate and clean my skin, rub scented moisturiser in and then a primer before she began to apply the liquid foundation. I had never used liquid foundation before. “You have such good skin, Caitlin,” she said as she lightly dusted my face with setting powder. You look flawless.” Now she began to contour my cheekbones and apply subtle blusher to my cheeks. She then set about working on my eyes, applying eyeliner and eye shadow, building up a sultry smokey set of eyes in an almost Arabian style that would be far too heavy a look for day time. By the time she had finished I looked sensual, alluring and very feminine with a larger mouth and eyes than before. My lips looked glossy and very kissable. She ran a brush through my wild curly hair, turning it into something of a silky mane. And then she dabbed perfume on my wrists, my neck and rubbed some into my hair with her fingers. The perfume was heavy, sexual, arousing, totally unlike any perfume I had smelled before. “Slave perfume,” she explained. “It drives men wild. They think of nothing but seizing us, stripping us and throwing us onto our backs when we smell like this.”

“Kandi, please, please help me...”

“I am helping you, Caitlin. You are going to be so beautiful when you crawl to your master. He will tear that chemise from your body and ravish you all night.”

Oh God. This was a nightmare.

“There.” She leaned back to admire her handiwork. “Now you look like a kajira.” There was one last touch. As I knelt there she produced a pair of sewing scissors and cut two side splits in the chemise from hem to my hips. If the split on my left hip parted, you could see the kef symbol drawn on my thigh in the red marker pen. “Hmm, no, I think we can do better than that before we return you to your master. I know just the thing for you Caitlin.”

“Better?”

“The chemise is very pretty, but I'm thinking you will look even more desirable in pleasure silk...”



12 comments:

  1. I love how Caitlin's intense feelings are depicted while she begins her journey into Gorean customs and society. Opposite to Kandi she has still to learn about the erotic excitement deriving from submission, which touches the female soul directly, when she kneels before true men, serving them with devotion and happiness. Kandi describes it right that the ankle ring is not only a tool of bondage but also a steady reminder to be focused on the superior being which is the male owner, like the slave-collar around a female neck. It is a story I can't stop to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi chain sister, and thank you so much for commenting again. Feedback really does inspire Chloe and myself to be creative. :)

      And yes, Caitlin doesn't yet understand the erotic excitement deriving from true submission. It's a common thing in...

      *pauses to quickly check there are no free women around at the moment, and only then when I'm sure there aren't, I continue*

      No free women around... good! *whispering now* As I was saying, it's a common thing in free women that they don't recognise their own repressed slave needs for quite some time. But when they do... *smiles and gives you a knowing wink*

      Still very much early days for Caitlin. She's going to be feeling very confused for a while yet... :)

      Delete
    2. Hi uhuru and welcome :)
      I'm sure it won't come as a big surprise to find out I'm a huge fan of Emma's writing. I can really recommend that if you haven't already, check out the early stories here.

      It isn't only FW that can be grumpy, some slaves can get a bit that way when they haven't been used for a while *winks at Emma

      Delete
    3. Grumpy?! I have no idea who you're talking about... ;)

      Delete
  2. I was wondering if we would see Kandi anytime soon.

    One question - you used the term "sweetly hipped". I don't think I have ever seen that term outside of a Gor novel. Is that a phrase Caitlin would use? She isn't that familiar with the novels.

    Matt Harris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Master. That doesn't sound like Caitlin's 'voice'. One of the benefits of exclusively publishing via a digital platform is I can go back and amend things retrospectively. I think I'll change that line when I do the updates on the Gorean dictionary page. :)

      Delete
  3. Emma, Caitlin was reading and immersing herself in the Gor books. An intensive deep dive. She might have subconsciously picked that phrase up there. Maybe you could have her beat herself up mentally for already having "slave thoughts"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's possible, anonymous master/mistress. :) There are some later chapters where Caitlin has certain thoughts that she then quickly berates herself for having. Those thoughts slip in like unwanted 'ear worms'... :)

      Delete
  4. Out of curiosity, are the services of the House of Three Moons provided gratis? It seems like they would be rather expensive - security et. al.? The economics of the slave trade with Gor always seemed out of whack to me ... maybe this is how it is subsidized.

    Matt Harris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the big decisions I had to make when I first started writing my Gor series. As you very rightly say, Master, the basic slavery model of capturing women on Earth and transporting them across space to Gor doesn't make any sense from an economic model if, after all those expenses, you end up selling them for a few copper coins each. How does anyone make a profit like that? It becomes even more ridiculous when you factor in Assassin of Gor when Norman makes a mention that Gorean style coffee (black wine) is ridiculously valuable, on a par with gold and jewels, so why aren't the slavers importing coffee instead of slaves?

      But it's a fundamental principle of Gor and one that we as readers are all attracted to. You can't take that out without breaking the whole Earth abduction cycle. I was faced with two basic choices – I either tried to come up with some post modernist rationale for the abduction of Earth women (the economics themselves just didn't make sense) or I just went with it and kept things as they are in the official books by John Norman. In the end I chose the second option. It's nonsense but we all like the sinister Gorean slavers hunting for women on Earth, so I haven't changed it in any way. :)

      In the case of the House of Three Moons, my rationale for the 'services' they provide is that they obviously want to recruit native human agents 'on planet' to serve the Kur cause and this is a way of finding the right kind of men from Earth – the small minority who are naturally dominant and Gorean in mindset. You can assume the less than satisfactory men who fail the 'tests' are quietly killed and their women kept as house slaves. The 'services' are therefore just a way of finding men to serve the Kur cause.

      Delete
    2. Tal Emma,

      It definitely would have made for a more believable plot if Norman had created Gor as a world in which demand for Kajirae far outstripped supply, resulting in a high price for slave girls. Mention is made of barbarians from "Urth" making the most desirable slaves, hence also driving up their value. Being untrained and ignorant though, has the opposite effect.

      I had wondered if the House of the Three Moons might also be involved in other illegal, but lucrative activities. However, I do prefer your assumption of the house serving as a recruitment center for Kurii agents. The slave girls are one of the fringe benefits :)

      It seems a lot of popular novels, movies, etc. have been reimagined with varying degrees of success. I really doubt the majority of the fans would approve of a reimagined Gor which differed greatly from the original concepts.

      Mick of Milford

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the explanation. I will put the economic disbelief on hold. ;-)

    Still enjoying the story a great deal.

    ReplyDelete