Sunday 30 October 2022

Introducing the Tatrix of Corcyrus

 

Also landing in my inbox over the last couple of days is the first concept art for the defiant Tatrix of Corcyrus: Aliyyah Mercator, who will be an important character, appearing soon in Outcast of Gor, and then in the third book in the Roland Martell trilogy: Barbarian of Gor.

 

This is the woman who has dared to start the war between Argentum and Corcyrus; the very same woman that Claudius, the Ubar of Argentum, has sworn will be stripped and collared on the marble steps of her own throne room, dragged naked through the streets of Corcyrus in chains, to be whipped before her cowed populace, before being brought back to Argentum for ceremonial impalement on the city walls.

 

Of course Argentum has to win the war first.

 

But it’s obviously just a matter of time.

 

Any day now, in fact. 😊




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Red hair, green eyes, and freckles! And no veil. Everyone knows that fiery red heads are often crazy!

    Wondering if the Mercator name is a reference to anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Master. The soft freckles are a lovely touch. I hadn’t thought of them when I provided Chloe with some photo inspiration for the Tatrix, but when I saw the pictures I thought the freckles were perfect and really suit her.

      As I’ve mentioned in a reply to an earlier comment by Master Tracker, Aliyyah Mercator is a homage to a roleplay character of the same name, played for a very long time on online chatroom Gor, by a Texan woman called Beth. Beth died a few years ago, and I wanted her principle character name to live on somewhere, as at the time she was a famous woman on online Gor, but as the years go by she is rapidly being forgotten as old Goreans disappear and new ones take their place.

      Beth’s characters were always wonderful. I never knew her to roleplay a slave, ever. And her Free Women characters were always text book Free Women. She had an encyclopaedic knowledge of Gor (back when I was a lot less experienced in the books) and would often gently correct e when I made horrendous blunders (I didn’t know Gorean men didn’t wear armour, for example). She was something of an encouraging mentor to me in my early years online, and I might not have ended up writing this blog without her warm encouragement from 2006 onwards.

      Delete
  2. Kelsee had better be branded by the time she encounters the Tatrix, she does not look like someone who stand any nonsense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Master. The Tatrix would not tolerate an unbranded kajira.

      Delete